LINKS to Encore Pro, "MyEncore", smart card reader

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
rested gal

LINKS to Encore Pro, "MyEncore", smart card reader

Post by rested gal » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:41 pm

Excellent step-by-step instructions by Derek for installing and using Encore Pro software.

jskinner James Skinner's site for downloading Encore Pro Analyzer
http://james.istop.com/EncoreProAnalyzer/

EncorePro 1.6i (1.6.22) installation with MyEncore 1.5b7 Excellent detailed step-by-step instructions by Sleepy-in-AL.

Respironics software center for Encore Pro:
http://software.respironics.com/cgi-bin ... ge=[Encore]
Note: free download is no longer available at the Respironics site.

A user's webpage that had 1.5i is no longer up.

Derek's supplemental "MyEncore" program - instructions and download link.

Derek's site for downloading his MyEncore program:
http://lewiston.mit.edu/myencore/myencore15b7.msi

Note:
Derek's "MyEncore" does not work with M series machines. (Derek stopped developing MyEncore further.)

James Skinner's "Encore Pro Analyzer works with M series machines and older machines.

http://james.istop.com/EncoreProAnalyzer/

Phil's utility program to save data from a Smart Card:
Aug 01, 2007 subject: respironics backup and software Topic started by phil1001 - "For those who have had issues with their respironics cards crashing, losing data and various other issues...

I have written a small utility that downloads the smart card data to a file. This file can be saved to your hard drive on a daily basis, or uploaded to the companion website. In case of problems, the latest file can be uploaded back to the card.
The utility also allows clean formatting of your smart card returing it to a "virgin" state, this may be useful on cards that are being rejected by the reader or CPAP unit.

There is a companion website that allows you to upload and store all of your data files as well in case something should happen to them.

The next phase of the website will be the online charting of the saved data files into your own profile.

Phil's program is at http://www.mycpap.org/

Discussion Topics about Respironics Encore Pro software

Jul 08, 2007 subject: Card Reader issues Topic started by goose - "I'm having a strange problem with the card reader for the respronics software. It's a Mako DT3500 and it works great, BUT, I have to uninstall the driver and reinstall each time I plug it in. "
Fix suggested by lindychris: I got it to work!! I would think XP would work the same as follows:

Click on run (or windows-key R) and type services.msc.

Scroll down to Smart Card. Right click it. Click properties and where it says start-up type, make it automatic.

Reboot (or click "start" and reboot on normal schedule)

Your reader will now work.

Aug 11, 2007 subject: Card reader error 800402OD, unable to communicate with card Topic started by ProfessorEd.
Wulfman posts links to two topics that might help solve the problem:
viewtopic.php?t=14868 and viewtopic.php?t=14868

Feb 11, 2007 subject: EncorePro v1.6i installation question Topic started by UncleLeo - " have not yet installed my EncorePro v1.6i software, and want to do that today. I remember reading somewhere here some specific instruction to properly install it as the instructions included with the software are not correct, but not I cannot find where I had read this." Wulfman posts the step by step instructions from "Sleepy-in-AL"

Nov 04, 2006 subject: new card, same old problem Topic started by svh - "Got an error message from Encore Pro. Now when I try to put the card back in my CPAP, it does the continual beeping, so I can't use the card. Last time, I had to buy a new card to get myself out of this, since it couldn't seem to erase it without getting an error message. " Thanks to Snoredog's suggestion, I moved the card reader to an different set of usb plugs --- Once I moved the usb, I was able to resurrect both my corrupted cards!

Nov 04, 2006 subject: SmartCard corruption Topic started by CG - "I am now on my 4th SmartCard because the previous 3 became corrupted. One corrupted while running the BiPAP; and the other two while using the reader--fortunately after all data downloaded." Snoredog's reply: Could be a USB buss port power issue. If you have any other devices plugged into the USB port they will rob needed 5VDC power. If you have anything else plugged into the USB port you might try unplugging it. --- You don't need as much power to Read the card as you do to Write to the card.

Oct 21, 2006 subject: Encore Pro cannot instantiate control Topic started by munsterlander - "With the help of "jskinner" I was able to get to my reports. I have found posts going back a long time on this one and I hope this fix works for the rest of you.Thank you jskinner" In this thread jskinner describes the fix - step by step.

Oct 16, 2006 subject: Encore Pro Pre release Topic started by munsterlander - "I have been having trouble trying to get data from Encore Pro. I have deleted everthing I can find for encore including registry items. I reinstalled and still have the problem "Control not registered CLSID= ...."." solved by jskinner

Oct 17, 2006 subject: Any fix for "missing" data in MyEncore? w/Encore p Topic started by WilsonVilleUSA - "I have recently gotten an Respironics Remstar Auto M Series w/C-fles. I also upgraded to Encore Pro 1.6. I am having the same problem others are reporting with "missing" data in the charts. "

Oct 15, 2006 subject: Problem with MyEncore Topic started by KenS - "When I try to run MyEncore I get an error message that says "Unable to access the EncorePro database". There is also a message in the error pop up box that says, "SQL server does not exist or access denied." Encore Pro (ver. 1.6.22) works fine."

Oct 13, 2006 subject: Encore Pro Cannot instantiate control Topic started by munsterlander - "I installed Encore Pro 1.6.22 and sucessfully downloaded my data. I can view the compliance report, but when I try and view other reports I get a set of error messages: "cannot instantiate control. Control is not registered. CLSID=(5.....27) Names: "ctFOSQGraph, ct CompPressure, cartHoursCompliance.
Then a message: An unexpected 'type mismatch' error occurred in Encore Pro. "

Oct 06, 2006 subject: Smart Card Reader problems: Installing Topic started by SelfSeeker - "Every time I plug the USB cable of the smartCard reader into the computer, I get a new hardware found and runs me throught the instalation wizzad, but other then run through the wizzard, the computer does not see the reader."

Oct 02, 2006 subject: Help with My Encore data and Encore Pro Topic started by snoregirl - "I was looking at my leak data. I searched past topics and saw something that makes me wonder about my leak data" -- "I couldn't see how to get anything but compliance data (version 1.6.22) from Encore Pro. I read a whole bunch of the help screens and still can't find much to analyze."

Sep 19, 2006 subject: Encore Pro acting up again...dropped data Topic started by dllfo - "This is twice in the last week or two that I have my hours slept, but not much else. I wonder what is going on."

Follow up post by dllfo - "ODD.....I just took my card reader from my desktop computer, plugged it into my laptop, downloaded the info and all of it is there. Must be a glitch in the system with my desktop."

Sep 19 subject: EncorePro and different machine Topic started by cwsanfor - "If you are changing from, say, an APAP to a BiPAP, do you (1) set up a new patient or (2) just change the machine type and continue using the same database and patient?"

Sep 12, 2006 subject: How many pages should an encore pro report be? Topic started by tmaiberger - "I am trying to figure out how many pages an encore report should be. While reading another subject here today I saw someones encore reports that had a lot more information than what I get."

Aug 26, 2006 subject: How do you transfer your encore pro data between computers? Topic started by dllfo - "I have installed Encore Pro on two computers. I love back up systems. But I can't figure out how to transfer my old data from my laptop to my desktop. !"

Jul 16, 2006 subject: viewing instuctions Topic started by inacpapfog - "it seems that all I can view is compliance data! I want to see all of the other info! Please, help me!"

Jul 11, 2006 subject: Techie MS SQL Question Topic started by OwlCreekObserver - "Ever since I installed Encore Pro and MyEncore a while back, the MS SQL Server boots up at startup and appears on the bar at the bottom of my screen."

May 19, 2006 subject: Encore Installation Problem Topic started by itznuthin - "Error Creating Database: ActiveX component cannot create object" - "Well, I've gotten through the ActiveX issue (although I'm not sure how). Now I'm experiencing the same problem "dizzy" is reporting today. I get to the screen that asks me for my database password."

May 18, 2006 subject: Can't install Encore Pro 1.6... very frustrating Topic started by dizzy - "I've searched the forum, and still can't install. I'm running under XP SP2, and can run the install... --- It pops up a dialog saying "unable to connect to the database server, please login, and asks me for a username and password."

May 16, 2006 subject: Keep Encore Pro Data on Two PCs? Topic started by dvejr - "I have Encore Pro and My Encore on my desktop PC and everything works fine. But what will I do when I go on long trips? I have two data cards, and I gather that each will hold only one week of detailed data. So if I go away for six days or fewer, I just pack the machine. If I'm going away for 7-14 days I take the second card and swap them out after Week One. But what to do on a longer trip?"

May 16, 2006 subject: Encore Pro Software pack-did YOU get a smart card? Topic started by dllfo - accidentally "guested" - "I bought my "kit" from our host. But I have not found the "spare SmartCard"."

May 05, 2006 subject: Encore Pro (Which version)? Topic started by hairnet - "I have the Remstar Auto/cflex. Do I need version 1.5i or version 1.6i."

Apr 10, 2006 subject: SQL server not working! Topic started by NoSlak - "I don't know how it works but I can't get int Encore Pro without the SQL server on I guess."

Mar 05, 2006 subject: smart card problem resolved Topic started by bauercrew - "hi just wanted to let everyone no that the smart card is now working,after numerous time of reloading encore and the drivers i switched the usb to the port that connects directly to motherboard,instead of the usb hub and BINGO it worked ,why it wouldnt work throught hub i dont know because EVERYTHING else that i have usb works through the hub"

Feb 22, 2006 subject: Therapy Monitoring Software (Respironics/Encore) Questions Topic started by snorzalot - "What is the difference between Encore Pro Software that comes bundled with the Smart Card Reader (ver 1.4i software) listed at https://www.cpap.com/productpage/1440 verses the Encore Pro Data Management Software listed at https://www.cpap.com/productpage/respir ... -rev4.html ? "

Feb 23, 2006 subject: Encore Pro Software and the .Mac Topic started by guest - Julie - "I found out that the software isn't compatible with Macs, so I can't download it (website or no website!) - anyone else know something I don't?"

Feb 17, 2006 subject: Card Reader Question? Topic started by guest 1 - GLC - "is the "2 factors" Reader the same Reader as the one you buy packaged with the Encore Pro 1.5i from CPaP.Com. My Reader is made by Infineer Inc. from Florida, P/N DT3500 USB version"

Feb 05, 2006 subject: Encore MS SQL Database Server Access Question Topic started by NightHawkeye - "Does anybody here know how to access the Encore Pro info in the MS SQL database?"

Feb 01, 2006 subject: About to purchase Encore Pro,,,,a few questions... Topic started by snoozie_suzy - "Do people that have the software typically order both packages, the Encore Pro and smart card reader AND the Data Management software or one or the other?
Also I have read posts of people ordering smart card readers from 2factors? is that the Smart card reader, and if so, is it cheaper on 2factors than cpap.com"

Dec 14, 2005 subject: Encore pro software Topic started by chicagocard

Nov 29, 2005 subject: Encore Pro Software? Topic started by Peaches

Nov 16, 2005 subject: Rats (encore / myencore software) !Topic started by DaveMunson: Got the encore pro data management software tonight. -- Loaded software. Already did dot-net a few nights ago. Installed $33 Chinese USB device w/ drivers from software cd-rom. Everything works. -- I can see why people don't like the software. Retarded. Looks like it was designed by a, well, never mind. Retarded interface. -- (by the way - the Chinese reader worked perfectly). -- Tried to install myencore. Turns out I don't have not net installed.

Nov 22, 2005 subject: Encorepro error message Topic started by wendysquilts - "when i try to download my card it gets about half way and then gives me the message that an error has occurred while downloading with the Source Resperonics Smart card 2.Type0.1 Error Number : 80040213 "

Nov 15, 2005 MyEncore 1.4 Glitch? Topic started by Masked Ranger - I've just noticed that "Export Daily Data" command won't export more than 21 days worth of data to a text file. I'm using the text file data for Excel spread sheet. User preferences is set for 31 days and the data past the 21st day is viewable using MyEncore... just won't export

Nov 10, 2005 subject: Encore pro Topic started by Guest"Jim" - "I have encore pro ver.1.4i rev.4.with the infineer smart card reader.(usb)
Win.xp home.the problem I'm having with the encore pro software is i can't change the settings from serial to usb in the preference window. The smart card is loaded properly and is recognized by windows so I think the problem is in the encore pro software "

Nov 09, 2005 subject: Encore Pro Question Topic started by elliejosie - "Can anyone tell me about how many night's detailed data the smartcard holds?? In other words, about how often do you erase your card? "

Oct 29, 2005 subject: One last Encore Pro Question Topic started by sleepyinsunnyvale - "Is there a specific sequence? Should I install the Reader driver before the Encore SW or visa versa or doesn't make a any difference?"

Oct 21, 2005 subject: SmartCard Reader Not Detected!!! 6 page Topic started by BP

Aug 31, 2005 subject: Origins of Selling CPAP Software to Patients Topic started with an excellent post by "cpapseller".

Aug 23, 2005 subject: A few more ?'S Topic started by garyml - "Should I pull the card out of the remstar when running the air to dry the various parts?"

Sep 01, 2005 subject: encore pro software, what version? Topic started by sarkel

Aug 31, 2005 subject: ? for Rested Gal Topic started by morphy - "comparison of Encore Pro and Silverlining?"

Aug 25, 2005 subject: Had card read....is this all? Topic started by sunny16

Aug 04, 2005 subject: Help interpreting Encore Pro / MyEncore data Topic started by Tridens

Aug 03, 2005 subject: Encore Pro Question Topic started by SnoreNoMore2005 - question about how to keep data from being erased from "smart card".

Jun 08, 2005 subject: Can you combine Encore data base from two computers Topic started by Stinson.

May 27, 2005 subject: Encore Pro and PC Standby Topic started by McSam. "installed the Respironics Encore Pro software on my Win-XP system, and now my PC wakes up a few seconds after going into Standby."

May 27, 2005 subject: exporting encore data Topic started by seamaiden. Discussion about how to save Encore report as a PDF file.

May 21, 2005 subject: Encore data help Topic started by mommaw. "I want to publish a couple of his Encore daily reports on here so I can get some feedback on them. I don't know how to put them on the forum."

Apr 22, 2005 subject: Software to download info Topic started by tbone106 as a Guest. "My DME stated that only they could download the information from my bipap, is this true? Is they security that might keep me out?"

May 19, 2005 subject: Smart Card Reader Topic started by busman317. "Anyone know if I can get the Encore Smart Card Reader and software cheaper than $199.00?"
More recent discussions did find a cheaper card reader that works with the Respironics Smart Card: Jul 14, 2005 subject: Card Readers?

May 17, 2005 subject: How to read data Topic started DrDroopy. "I'm wondering if someone can help me understand how to gather and read my own data."

May 15, 2005 subject: Is there a good textbook that explains how to read APAP data Topic started mwink.

May 16, 2005 subject: Encore pro software difficulty Topic started by eugene. "From what I have seen here it appears that the Encore pro software is not easy to download or interpret. Is this true? Is it too complicated for a regular computer user?"

Encore Pro installation problems - error messages

Feb 09, 2006 subject: Problem installing Encore Pro-Help Please! Topic started by snoozalot - "I downloaded version 1.5i from the Respironics website, per this forum, and ran the install program. I got the following error: "Installer unable to start the MSDE SQL Server" -- "Now I get the following error: "Unable to create Encore Pro Database"

Aug 03, 2005 subject: Encore Pro Error message on download "No value given... Topic started by Tridens - I'm getting the following error after I've downloaded data from my SmartCard into Encore Pro (and immediately before the Erase Data: Yes/No box comes up:
Window Title: RespironicsXMLServer
Window text: No value given for one or more required parameters."

Jul 10, 2005 subject: Encore Pro Installation Problems Topic started by tomkat. Error message: "Searching for Encore Pro database"

Jul 24, 2005 subject: Problems with Infineer USB Card Reader Topic started by Macishman. Error message: "Smart Card Reader Not Installed."

Jul 16, 2005 subject: Any body else had difficulty installing encorepro software? 2 page topic started by Fifi. Error message: "Unable to Load MSDE successfully Please Contact Respironics For Support."

Jul 19, 2005 subject: Encore Pro installation problem resolved! Topic started by Derek. Resolved Fifi's installation problem with Error message: "Unable to Load MSDE successfully Please Contact Respironics For Support."

May 10, 2005 subject: Encore Pro software Topic started by fstanmyre. Discrepancy between report time/clock

Jun 14, 2005 subject: Encore Pro Help Topic started by NeurosurgeryNP. Error message: "can't connect to the database" and rxforsleep's problem with "Unable to load MSDE successfully, please contact Respironics"

Jun 03, 2005 subject: Help, please: Installing USB Smartcard Reader for Encore Pro Topic started by arfunk. "trouble installing the USB smartcard reader that came with Encore Pro... where is the driver software? Should the reader have come with a driver CD?"

Encore Pro Installation Issues with Win XP

Aug 30, 2005 subject: Encore Pro installation disaster! RESOLVED Topic started by Simply Sue - installation issue (WinXP)

Jul 19, 2005 subject: Encore Pro installation problem resolved! Topic started by Derek - Fifi's installation issue (WinXP)

Aug 29, 2005 subject: Having trouble reading smart card Yawn gets error: "An error has occurred while downloading from the Smart Card
Error Source: Error Number: 0 Please check your Setup."

Aug 30, 2005 subject: Encore and Windows XP....a match made in H-ll???? Yawn describes her installation problems.

Inexpensive sources for the Mako Infineer DT3500 card reader that works with the Respironics Smart Card and Encore Pro

http://www.two-factor.com/shop/index.php?productID=115 Hong Kong store with card reader (approximately $30 with shipping to U.S. included) Desktop USB Smart Card Reader - Mako DT3500
Do NOT use the installation CD that comes with the Mako reader. That does not have a driver on it that will work with Respironics' Smart Card. Instead, download and install the correct driver for the card reader by clicking a link on the product page: "Installer for EncorePro: DT3500-ISW-Encorepro_v1_3.exe"

http://www.securetech-corp.com/mako_dt.html U.S. company that has the DT-3500 USB card reader. $49 + shipping. You'd probably still need to go to the two-factor.com site to get the correct driver.

"setup.exe" drivers file URL to drivers for the Mako card reader on "sleepyman's" website. Note - that site is now "Locked".

Discussion Topics about the inexpensive card reader:

If ordering the card reader from two-factor.com, use IE as your web browser. That site used to be named 2factors.com. Here's some helpful advice from sunnyvale sleeper:

As for the card reader from TwoFactor, the website isn't user friendly. After you click the Buy button on the card reader, it takes you back to the log-in page. Rather than re-entering your user name and password, click on the Shopping Cart button along the top banner. You'll see your order and the Confirm Order button at the bottom of the page. Agree to the Terms, select online or offline payment and click the button. Then you can complete your order.

Aug 27, 2006 subject: will this card reader work with a resperonics auto? Topic started by tooly125 - "Would anyone have any idea if this would read the smart card from a respironics apap?"

Jul 09, 2006 subject: Smartcard failure Topic started by Regnad - "I seem to have screwed my smartcard up royally. Encorepro won't erase nor download data from it now, and the machine beeps like crazy when I insert it. Gives an error C220, beeps and flashes lights. Doesn't go away either, unless I remove card. Machine is totally unusable with card in.
The Mako cardreader utility sees the reader as present. Has an unknown protocol and returns a card state of SC_UNKNOWN I believe. "

Jul 08, 2006 subject: 2factors smartcard reader, change in price Topic started by gecko1977a VerySleepy posted the URL to snoredog's post ( viewtopic.php?t=7525 ) explaining how to still get the reader for about $30 from 2factors.

Apr 12, 2006 subject: 2factors cardreader install problem Topic started by Whitey - "I installed the Encore Pro software and it seems to be working fine. I then installed the Mako software that came with the 2factors reader and everything, again, seemed fine.
I set myself up as a patient in Encore Pro and tried to download the data from the card. but it says "cardreader not detected". I checked in preferences and selected usb...still no luck. Then I noticed that when I insert the card into the cardreader the light is red... "

Mar 28, 2006 subject: Card reader trouble Topic started by Julie - "every time I tried to 'download data' (after setting myself up as a patient), I got an error message saying the reader was not connected.."

Feb 15, 2006 subject: another encore pro problems Topic started by CraigC - "I just received my card reader from 2factors and downloaded the encore pro 1.5 from the respironics site and installed it and installed the drivers for the card reader and it keeps on saying: smart card reader not detected."

Feb 10, 2006 subject: MyEncore Error "Failed to load Resources...." Topic started by snoozalot - "I finally got Encore Pro working. Now, when trying to run MyEncore, I get the following message upon start-up: "Failed to load resourses from resource file. Check Setup"
I have not received my card reader yet, so is it possible that since I don't have any data in Encore Pro that this is why I get the error? "

Jan 30, 2006 subject: Smart Card readerTopic started by Neurosurgery NP: "I seem to have lost (misplaced) my Smart card reader. I went onto Amazon.com and they have a multi reader which supports Smart Media card. Is this the same?"

Jan 23, 2006 subject: Card Reader Installation QuestionTopic started by Bonnie: To click or not to click... "The software you are installing for this hardware - Mako DT3500 SmartCard Reader - has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatibility with WindowsXP."

Jan 19, 2006 subject: Ordering from 2factors.com questionTopic started by GrumpyInKC: "I'm trying to order a card reader from 2factors.com. I signed up, clicked the buy button, checked out from my IE browser. I got a confirmation email from 2factors.com thanking me for my order but they never asked for any billing information."

Dec 29, 2005 subject: Securetech Peripherals for Smart Card ReaderTopic started by NightHawkeye: Has anyone here used these guys? After a couple of days I couldn't get any response from 2factors when I tried to order from them.

Nov 27, 2005 subject: Any smartcard reader?Topic started by HappyHoser: Just curious, somewhere in the posts I remember it being mentioned that my encore specifically required the mako reader. It seems to me that the usb device itself should have native support in winxp and the smartcard protocol shouldn't be proprietary to my encore. Anybody had success with another reader

Nov 14, 2005 5:44 pm Post subject: No digital signature with Infineer--is it safe to continue?Topic started by Born Tired: 2)Tried to install Mako Infineer Smart Card Reader, but when I got just so far this message came up:
"has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatability with Windows XP. Continuing your installation of this may impair or destabilize the correct operation of your system either immediately or in the future. INF does not contain digital signature information..."

Did you get this message and ignore it or did you not get this message? If you did not, then what do I do next? Keep in mind I am not very techy. We are up-to-date with WindowsXP.

Nov 15, 2005 subject: Encore card reader, what's so special about it ?Topic started by Ric: I see I can get the smart card reader for the Encore software for a mere $99 if I buy it bundled WITH the software. OR, I can get it for $139 if I wait and get it separately. -- My question to this forum is, what is so special about THEIR smart card reader, as opposed to say, an ordinary USB "smart card" reader available at BestBuy/Target/RadioShack/CompUSA which costs only $10-20 ???

Nov 24, 2005 subject: 2factors smart card readerTopic started by yardbird: I see $6.80 Postal Service to US with arrival estimate of 10 to 20 days. Then I see a FedEx delivery for $20 that says 2 to 4 days. If you had yours shipped using postal service, was it really 2 to 3 weeks before you got it?

Nov 11, 2005 Need Help - Setup for Smart Card Reader Software Topic started by DaveMunson

Jul 14, 2005 subject: Card Readers? Tridens, sleepyman and others track down and test a less expensive card reader that works with the Respironics "Smart Card" and Encore Pro.

Aug 17, 2005 subject: Encore Pro and Mako drivers for USB card readers...

Jul 14, 2005 subject: Card Readers? 6 page topic started by Sleepless on LI

Aug 02, 2005 subject: Cheaper Card Reader for Encore Pro (Respironics) Topic started by ozij

Sep 13, 2005 subject: Encore does not detect my smartcard reader lil help please SLPYHED gets error: "I purchased the infineer smart card reader from 2factors.com I downloaded the software and created a patient...me and then downloaded the driver for the 3500 reader. When I try to read the data from the smartcard I get a cannot connect to device message."

jskinner's "Encore Pro Analyzer" - Free program to enhance Encore Pro data reports with Respironics "M" series (and older) machines

Nov 08, 2006 subject: Encore Pro Analyzer for REMStar Auto (non M Series)

Nov 07, 2006 subject: Introducing Encore Pro Analyzer (myEncore clone)

Derek's "MyEncore" - Free program to enhance Encore Pro data reports

Jul 21, 2005 subject: Derek's MyEncore Software Now Hosted on cpaptalk.com

Excellent step-by-step instructions by Derek for installing and using Encore Pro software.

Derek's supplemental "MyEncore" program - instructions and download link.

Aug 30, 2006 subject: Now What?? Got MyEncore to work, can't scan cards now Topic started by dllfo - "Now that I got got MyEncore to work...when I try to scan the data off either one of our smartcards I get this message: EncorePro Can't connect to the device. then there is a place to click "OK". If you click on OK, you are out of the Extract Data mode. Any ideas? I tried reinstalling the SmartCard Reader/Writer CD. No luck. My computer no longer sees the card reader."

May 16, 2006 subject: Download issue? Topic started by greatoz99 - "I just tried to download the 1.5b7 from the MIT site, but it doesn't work. Is anyone else having the same problem? Is there another site/page to get it from?"

May 15, 2006 subject: Disparity ibetween Encore Pro and My Encore Topic started by TerryB - "I just looked at my numbers and there are days missing from the compliance chart on My Encore which are there on Pro. So how are the two programs getting different reports out of the same database?"

May 12, 2006 subject: Encore 1.6i and My Encore Topic started by Malibu - "Has anyone used Encore 1.6i with My Encore 1.5b7?"

May 03, 2006 subject: MyEncore Nightmare Topic started by jononline - "I have Windows XP, Encore Pro 1.6, and a smart card reader. The error message says: "Unable to access the EncorePro Database.
"My Encore will close... Index#0
Line Number:0
Source: .Net Sql Client Data Provider
Procedure: Connection Open (Connect())"

Feb 23, 2006 subject: MyEncore sees only SOME of EncorePro's dates Topic started by dvejr - "I started using a CPAP almost 3 weeks ago. EncorePro shows data since Day One, which was Feb 6. But MyEncore shows data only from Feb 16. Is this a known issue?"

Feb 10, 2006 subject: MyEncore: Unable to access EncorePro Database Topic started by sixthst3 - "I am getting an error when trying to use MyEncore. Encore Pro seems to be working fine.
MyEncore Version 1.0.2x
EncorePro Version 1.5i
Error Message: Unable to access EncorePro Database. SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
I have a guess as to what the problem may be, but do not know how to address. When installing Encore Pro, I think I remember it asking for a Database Password, which I did setup. Since MyEncore doesn't come up, I have no idea where to tell it what the password is for the Database. I also can't find any setup on EncorePro to disable the Database Password."

Feb 10, 2006 subject: MyEncore Error "Failed to load Resources...." Topic started by snoozalot - "I finally got Encore Pro working. Now, when trying to run MyEncore, I get the following message upon start-up: "Failed to load resourses from resource file. Check Setup"
I have not received my card reader yet, so is it possible that since I don't have any data in Encore Pro that this is why I get the error? "

Jan 29, 2006 subject: MyEncore error message help, please Topic started by WNJ - "MyEncore seems to have loaded successfully, but when I try to start it up, I get the error message, “Unable to access an Encore Pro database. MyEncore will close.
After searching here for this problem, the only solution I found was to make sure that MMSQLServer is running. I confirmed that MSSQLServer was (and is) running. That does not appear to be the problem. "

Jan 28, 2006 subject: Hours of use in Encore Pro and MyEncore do not add up Topic started by george49 - "I noticed that the hours of use in MyEncore are twice of what is on the machine and in Encore Pro. Has anyone had this problem before? "

Jan 28, 2006 subject: MyEncore Problem - resubmission Topic started by Linda3032 - "Okay, maybe these pictures will help you understand what I'm talking about regarding 'no data shown on daily pressure chart'."

Jan 26, 2006 subject: Can't Get Daily Pressures on MyEncore Topic started by Linda3032 - "have had both Encore Pro and MyEncore up and running for almost a month. But, when I bring up the MyEncore reports, the "Daily Pressures" report never has data on it. The page loads with all the titles and graphs, but no data."

Jan 27, 2006 subject: New to Forum... question about MyEncore Topic started by Hlynk - "I also downloaded and installed MyEncore, but get an error msg when starting it up, that it can't open the SQL database. Does anybody know if it should work with the Encore Pro 1.5 version?"

Nov 12, 2005 subject: Leak data MyEncore Topic started by biggziff - "Trying to get my head around the leak data from MyEncore. "There are 3 plots...average leak, 90% leak and max leak. What exactly do these mean? I'm mostly interested in the max leak plot.

Nov 19, 2005 subject: Encore Pro and My Encore Topic started by dkeat - "When I first got the Encore Pro Software I also downloaded the My Encore program for testing. Since then I have been trying to figure out what the difference is between the two. Apart from visual clarity, that is.

Oct 30, 2005 subject: MyEncore Download Problems Topic started by Mark83 - "when I click on the MyEncore icon to open it I get a message that reads "Setup Error...Failed to load resources from resource file. Please check your setup"

Sep 01, 2005 subject: Encore Pro Software Topic started by frostman - "How do I actually download data???"

Aug 24, 2005 subject: Derek's software question Topic started by garyml - "I have data from 8/15 till last night 8/23. But when I go to print up the charts in Derek's software, I can't get any data to print or show up on the monitor or to print, except 8/20 thru 8/23."

Jul 27, 2005 subject: MyEncore error Tridens gets error: "Failed to load resources from resource file
Please check your Setup
."[/i]

Jul 26, 2005 subject: Turn off the machine during "pitstops"? Topic started by stoveman

Jul 25, 2005 subject: MyEncore Questions Topic started by Macishman - "MyEncore is not importing all of the data that Encore Pro says is there. Encore Pro displays data going back to 7/14 whereas MyEncore says the first date in the database is 7/21."

Jun 27 2005, 7:06 Post subject: New (free) software add-on for Encore Pro users Topic started by Derek on talkaboutsleep when he released his free program "MyEncore"

Jun 16, 2005 subject: Announcement: MyEncore Software is now available Topic started by Derek on cpaptalk when he released his free program "MyEncore"

May 29, 2005 subject: EncorePro and MyEncore Topic started by eugene - when I try to start MyEncore I get the message, "Unable to access an EncorePro data base. MyEncore will close".

May 26, 2005 subject: MyEncore Software - an update Topic started by Derek when he was beta testing "MyEncore".

May 07, 2005 subject: Wanted - a couple of brave souls... Topic started by Derek when his "MyEncore" program was in its infancy.

ENCORE PRO 1.5 (and higher) and "MyEncore"

Nov 10, 2006 subject: MyEncore Topic started by Anna - "I am trying to run MyEncore but receive an error message that the SQL data base cannot be found or access was denied. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? " - resolved by jskinner, bdp522, and Wulfman with download link to myencore15b7

May 26, 2006 subject: MyEncore - Error - Unable to access the EncorePro database. Topic started by edro - "Here’s what I get from the MyEncore Installer_v15b7.msi version:
MyEncore - Error
Unable to access the EncorePro database.
MyEncore will close...
Index #0
LineNumber:0
Source: .New SqlClient Data Provider
Procedure: ConnectionOpen (Connect())."

Mar 18, 2006 subject: MyEncore V1.5B7 Reporting Issue for BiPap Pro 2 Topic started by CheezWiz - "For me, MyEncore is graphing My EPap pressure where it should be graphing the IPap pressure. I have an I pressure of 18 and an E pressure of 12, all the charts are graphing on the E pressure of 12 when they are labled as I pressure"

Feb 25, 2006 subject: MyEncore fails to load with error message !! Topic started by LittleRedTruck - "Hi, when starting MyEncore it fails to start... I get the following error message !!!! Failed to load resources from resource file....Pleas check your setup !!!!
I have EncorePro 1.582 installed, works perfectly ! MyEncore 15b7 installed with the .Net both seemed to install properly. I didnt see any setup options for MyEncore,,,it seemed to go right in !!!!"

Feb 23, 2006 subject: Encore Pro 1.5 problem Topic started by snoozalot - "When trying to view the reports, I get the following error: "Can't instantiate control. Control is not registered. CLSIP="{...then I get a ton of numbers here}.
Yes, the word "instantiate" is just the way it is spelled in the error message. I have no idea what it means.
If I continue to press "enter" about 6-8 times, I finally get the section where the reports should be. The top of the page indicates that there are 10 pages, but the all appear to be blank, except the last page ( summary page )."

Feb 15, 2006 subject: another encore pro problems Topic started by CraigC - "I just received my card reader from 2factors and downloaded the encore pro 1.5 from the respironics site and installed it and installed the drivers for the card reader and it keeps on saying: smart card reader not detected."

Feb 01, 2006 subject: About to purchase Encore Pro,,,,a few questions... Topic started by snoozie_suzy - "Do people that have the software typically order both packages, the Encore Pro and smart card reader AND the Data Management software or one or the other?
Also I have read posts of people ordering smart card readers from 2factors? is that the Smart card reader, and if so, is it cheaper on 2factors than cpap.com"

Dec 28, 2005subject: Help with Myencore installation Topic started by napper: My Encore will close. Index # 0 "Message:SQL Server does not exist or access denied. Line Number:0 Source: .net sql client data provider Procedure: Connection open (Connect ()). With the sql server I opted for not putting in a password with the understanding that myencore would be compatable."

Nov 29, 2005 subject: Encore Pro Software? Topic started by Peaches

Nov 28, 2005 subject: Installing Encore Pro - for use with MyEncore.Topic started by Derek: I've done a bunch of experiments to see why some people are having trouble running MyEncore for Encore Pro Ver. 1.5. I've reinstalled Encore Pro 1.5 several times (pain in the neck) and here's my latest conclusions.

Nov 25, 2005 subject: GET YOUR ***FREE*** ENCOREPRO 1.5V SOFTWARE!!!!!Topic started by neversleeps

Nov 26, 2005 subject: Installing MyEncore - SQL Server Problems Topic started by Jerry69: I downloaded and installed EncorePro, Ver. 1.5. -- No problems. -- 'MyEncore' installed successfully. -- When I tried to run 'MyEncore' I got these screens: "MyEncore Cannot Open The Encore Pro 1.5 Database."

Nov 23, 2005 subject: New Beta MyEncore for Encore Pro 1.5 available (11/23/05)Topic started by Derek: I have fixed a problem in the Daily Pressure Plots when using a REMStar Auto (thanks to Bulldoger).

Nov 20, 2005 subject: problem (bug) in Encore Pro Ver. 1.5???Topic started by Derek: Is it just me or do others have the following problem in the new Emcore Pro 1.5? When I do a download, it does not recognize my Patient ID, and asks me if I want to continue with the download. It gets the name ok, but the Patient ID (which should be 2) is blank. If I click "YES" it proceeds normally.

Nov 18, 2005 subject: My EncoreTopic started by Marius: When I try to startup MyEncore the program tells me that there is a serious problem because of: Invalid column name 'UnitModelId'
MyEncore gives me the possibility to proceed and shows that my data are present but reading and displaying of the data is impossible: the program crashes!

Nov 15, 2005 subject: Yet another Release of MyEncore for Encore Pro 1.5 (Beta 4)Topic started by Derek: I've just uploaded a new MyEncore Beta 4 for Encore Pro Ver 1.5 -- Download MyEncore for EncorePro Ver. 1.5 Beta 4 -- Again, I emphasize that this will not work with Encore Pro Ver. 1.4.xx
This version addresses issues with BiPAPs. It should handle the new Auto BiLevel devices, but I have some concerns that it might confuse EPAP and IPAP pressures on the BiPAP Pro 2 and other BiPAPs

Nov 11, 2005 subject: MyEncore for Encore Pro 1.5 Beta available for testingTopic started by Derek: For the foolhardy amongst us I have made the hot-off-the-press Beta of MyEncore for Encore Pro Ver 1.5 available: MyEncore Beta for EncorePro Ver. 1.5 Beta 2 (Sunday Nov. 13: This link now downloads the latest version: Beta 2 - see below.)
Note that this version will NOT work with any of the Encore Pro Ver. 1.4.xx versions.

[URL=viewtopic.php?t=5690]Nov 15, 2005 subject: Encore Pro Ver. 1.5 and BiPAP - looking
Last edited by rested gal on Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:51 pm, edited 81 times in total.

derek

Post by derek » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:45 am

RG - Good work!

I'm in the middle of creating a web page that summarizes the known installation problems and fixes for MyEncore and Encore Pro. With a great deal of luck I might have the first pass available today otherwise it will be next week some time.

I'll post when it's ready, then invite people to submit the problems I inevitably will have forgotten. I'll try to keep it up top date as new problems emerge.

Maybe Johnny can post it somewhere here???

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:13 pm

Derek, excellent idea! When you get it done, I'll certainly add it to the links above.

gracie97

Post by gracie97 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:59 pm

I'm in the middle of creating a web page that summarizes the known installation problems and fixes for MyEncore and Encore Pro. With a great deal of luck I might have the first pass available today otherwise it will be next week some time.

I'll post when it's ready, then invite people to submit the problems I inevitably will have forgotten. I'll try to keep it up top date as new problems emerge.

Maybe Johnny can post it somewhere here???
Hate to admit this, but I've had the Encore Pro software and the 2factors cardreader sitting by my computer unused and uninstalled because I feel so overwhelmed by all the various bits of talk about this driver and that program and various downloads and steps and processes!

Am not computer savvy and have lost my nerve and the confusion seems to be growing.

I wonder if perhaps there could be a link on this message board to a page to COMPLETE step-by-step instructions and links for all the downloading and installing and etc that it takes to get from zero to up and running complete with Encore-Pro, drivers, card reader, and My Encore as well as your (Derek's) page of problems and fixes (I'm not far enough along even to have problems for which fixes are needed).

I've gone through RG's post full of links, BUT IT IS ALL SO SPREAD OUT, bits here and bits there, that it makes my sleep deprived head spin.

Do ALL the steps exist in one place anywhere? Am I the only person so scattered and confused and computer illiterate to keep track of what comes first?

(I'm pretty sure I should start with the Encore-Pro disk, then come some drivers that I'm not sure where they come from or if one is the one in the 2factors box or..., then there's a sort of program from a sleepyman link somewhere, then some huge file download, then MyEncore, and somewhere in there I can plug in the cardreader.)

Grace
Started CPAP on 7/1/2005
Mild apnea
Plus upper airway resistance syndrome with severe alpha intrusion

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:02 pm

Grace,

Try starting with reading the very first link on Rested Gal's post at the top of this thread:

"Excellent step-by-step instructions by Derek for installing and using Encore Pro software."

This is a very comprehensive list of instructions and (I believe) pretty easy to understand and follow.

Then, if you have any problems, let us know.

Best wishes,

tomjax

Encore pro

Post by tomjax » Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:15 pm

I installed my Encore pro software.
Installed my smart card reader.

Attempted to download data from smarctard.
From interactions, i selected download from SC reader.
It looked like it was downloading, but I got the message:

Can't connect to the device.

What do I do now?

Jerry69

Smart Card Driver

Post by Jerry69 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:03 pm

Tom,

I made this post on another topic, but did you install the driver from the link

called "Installers for EncorePro"?

There seems to be a lot of other drivers that might not work. Just a thought.

Jerry69

Ave. AHI after therapy = 0.5
Ave. Snore Index = <10
Current pressure = 9 cm

ENCORE PRO AND SMART CARD

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:27 pm

I have 3 smart card readers w/ smart cards if anyone is interested contact me at:

CampusTek@insightbb.com

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:49 pm

Post by Guest » Mon May 08, 2006 8:39 am

For a limited time and limited number of downloads, the Encore Pro 1.5 is available free at

http://www2.sendthisfile.com/d.jsp?t=4Y ... Wl8fNu6dhn

103 megabytes.

Post by Guest » Mon May 08, 2006 9:27 am

file has already maxed out...sorry.

pratzert

Post by pratzert » Mon May 08, 2006 1:31 pm

Holy Smoke !

THAT WAS FAST !!!!!

Shows that a lot of folks still want/need the program.

Tim

NimbleLooper

Post by NimbleLooper » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:49 pm

I purchased Encore Pro 1.6.22 and do not understand why the compliance view shows only a long black bar for the entire night (except for short breaks when nature called and I switched the machine off). I read that this indicates no breathing was detected, so do I have software settings wrong, a huge leak, or a malfunctioning machine (BI-PAP PRO2)? Thanks.

krousseau

Post by krousseau » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:12 pm

Responding to Gracie
I was dreading the installation of the two programs-but Windows XP pretty much took me throught the process. Had one problem and that got solved here pretty quickly. I am used to Apple computers and pretty much a novice to PC's and Windows. So go ahead and install-keep notes about what you have been prompted to do and if you have a problem-there is someone here who can help. Obviously not me.

PS....Not to start anything but I still use my MAC for everything except Encore Pro & My Encore.

Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof.....Galbraith's Law

oceanpearl

Post by oceanpearl » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:00 pm

Many of the links listed here are dead links.
I just want to go back to sleep!