Encore Pro (Which version)?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
hairnet

Encore Pro (Which version)?

Post by hairnet » Fri May 05, 2006 1:30 pm

I know this is probably a repeat question, but I am ready to order Encore Pro and the Software reader and I am confused. I have the Remstar Auto/cflex. Do I need version 1.5i or version 1.6i. Thanks.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Fri May 05, 2006 2:01 pm

Either version will work with The Remstar Auto, however, The new "M" needs 1.6, but only if you wait to get one that has real data and a reader. Jim

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): auto

Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Coromoto

Post by Coromoto » Wed May 10, 2006 4:45 am

I'm running 1.5.77 at the moment. Does anyone know what the update to 1.6i adds (besides support for the M series?) that I would need?

Also, when I go to http://controlled.software.respironics.com/ to get the 1.6i update, it tells me I need an "account number", which I do not have. I bought my Encore Pro from cpap.com last year to monitor my own data, as my local Respironics supplier doesn't. Anybody have a link to the update or any info on this matter?

Thanks.

Coromoto

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Wed May 10, 2006 5:55 am

Coromoto,

You don't need the update.
The 1.5 version added support for the Bi-PAP Auto machine and the 1.6 version added support for the "M" series. SO, if you don't have one of those machines, you don't need it.

Best wishes,

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Malibu

Post by Malibu » Mon May 15, 2006 12:25 pm

Den,

The nice thing about 1.6i is that it fixes the flow limitation index problem. In 1.5.xx there would be no tick marks on page 4. Now in 1.6 the tick marks showing the flow limitations that actually keyed the pressure increase are shown. Maybe not a big deal to some but nice to know it works now. And the snore index is now called Vibratory Snore Index...once again not a big deal and of course it now works with the M series machines like you mentioned.

Later,

Marc

[quote="Wulfman"]Coromoto,

You don't need the update.
The 1.5 version added support for the Bi-PAP Auto machine and the 1.6 version added support for the "M" series. SO, if you don't have one of those machines, you don't need it.

Best wishes,

Den

sthnreb

Post by sthnreb » Mon May 15, 2006 2:29 pm

Anyone wanna swap a 1.6 for a 1.5?

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Mon May 15, 2006 2:36 pm

Malibu/Mark,

Thanks for the info.

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05