Pur-Sleep Cpap Aromatherapy

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Starlette

Pur-Sleep Cpap Aromatherapy

Post by Starlette » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:37 pm

I've been thinking about getting the Pur-Sleep Cpap Aromatherapy. Asking for feedback on this product.

http://www.pur-sleep.com/products/prodD ... rch=&page=

Thanks.
Starlette

msradar65

Re: Pur-Sleep Cpap Aromatherapy

Post by msradar65 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:45 pm

Love it and well worth the money. I got the deluxe starter package. It had samples of all the other scents in it.
Diagnosed 08/31/10. Titration 9/02/10. Started CPAP 11/01/10. Auto mode 10-15cm. Alternate mask GoLife for her. Back up mask Full-life full face w/Pad-a-cheek mask liner. Comtec CMS F50 wrist pulse oximeter. Sobakawa Cloud Pillow, Sleepyhead software

sleepycarol

Post by sleepycarol » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:16 pm

In my opinion well worth it. I don't use it every night and in fact use it sparingly. Part of the big reason is I am lazy.

I have used many of the scents Pur-Sleep has and find that I like the ones that are more subtle. The AirCandy ones are good as well, especially the vanilla and chocolate.
Start Date: 8/30/2007 Pressure 9 - 15
I am not a doctor or other health care professional. Comments reflect my own personal experiences and opinions.

codinqueen

Post by codinqueen » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:42 pm

excellent product - i love "clear' AnD USEIT ALMOST EVERY NIGHT. fAST SERVICE TOO.

Pressure 6-10 cm

2kittymom

Post by 2kittymom » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:04 pm

Does this go into your hose somewhere, or sit on the table near the machine? Couldn't see that answer anywhere.
Lori

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:36 pm

2kittymom wrote:Does this go into your hose somewhere, or sit on the table near the machine? Couldn't see that answer anywhere.
You put the oils on something and set it next to the air intake at the back of the machine.
I use a cotton ball on a tiny swan. The cotton ball rests on its back. You can put the essential oils on anything that will absorb the oil. Just make sure it can't get to the top of your nightstand if the oils would damage what materials your night stand is made of. Mine is wood so I am careful not to put too much on the cotton ball. Besides a little goes a long way. You can adjust how strong the aroma is by moving whatever you have put the oil on...closer or further away from the air intake.
It is not recommended to add any oils to the water in the humidifier.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

kteague

Post by kteague » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:34 am

I've enjoyed several of their scents. Just kinda gives me that "aahhhhh" sensation when masking up.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:07 am

Now you guys are tempting me.

xenablue

Post by xenablue » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:17 am

Love them!
I also bought the deluxe starter kit, and since then buy just the oils I like best. Definitely gives you that "aaahhhhhh" feeling when masking up, but some of the oils also seem to clear your head as well.
Well worth trying - at least!

cheers,
xena

Bert_Mathews

Post by Bert_Mathews » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:44 am

2kittymom wrote:Does this go into your hose somewhere, or sit on the table near the machine? Couldn't see that answer anywhere.
Lori
Image Passive Diffusion

It may not look like much but it doesn't take much of your favorite aromatic to make all the difference! The system uses a raised tray and a specialized compressed fiber material. Just a drop or two of your favorite aromatic placed on the pad lightly scents the air as the air is drawn into your CPAP. It's fully compatible with all types of positive airway pressure equipment.

Imagine closing your eyes and feeling your frustrations melt away as you revel in th elight scent of orange and clove, peppermint and lime, or authentic French lavender!
Image Holistic Aromatherapy

From ancient Egyptian mummification practices to ritualistic burning of incense materials, people have practiced aspects of aromatherapy in virtually every known culture throughout human history. In modern times, aromatherapy has come to mean the use of essential oils to balance and improve human emotional, psychological, and physical well-being. Essential oils impart specific, positive properties of the underlying plant, benefits that humans have been exploring and experiencing for thousands of years. Holistic aromatherapy does not include the use of man-made, synthetic substances (such as “fragrance” and “perfume” oils).

While it is generally accepted that aromatherapy cannot cure major illnesses or mental health conditions, it is equally clear that essential oils can be highly effective in improving people’s moods and helping people feel comfortable and relaxed.

I have been a user back when it was in the hose!
Try it you'll LIKE IT !

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
http://www.sharpstones.com

123.Shawn T.W.

Post by 123.Shawn T.W. » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:28 am

I also ordered the starter kit plus the big bottle of Creme! I have t got home since it arrived, but my says she likes all the scents except spice ...

I also got a PapCap ... Just incase!
"I am a man of peace, but if war comes to my door it will find me home." - Winston Churchill

Starlette

Post by Starlette » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:38 am

Not trying to sound cheap, just thinking about all options. You know about the oils that that are sold at Hobby Lobby and WalMart right along side the candles? Can those also be used for cpap aroma therapy as well? Just curious. Btw, looks like I'll be purchasing the Pur-Sleep Aroma Therapy today.
I know there is another question I have. When I stepped away from my desk, I lost the thought. When I get the thought again, I'll post.

Starlette

Last edited by Starlette on Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:45 am

Starlette wrote:Not trying to sound cheap, just thinking about all options. You know about the oils that that are sold at Hobby Lobby and WalMart right along side the candles? Can those also be used for cpap aroma therapy as well?
Yes, those can be used as well. Just about anything that produces whatever aroma that pleases you can be used outside the air intake.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Maxie

Post by Maxie » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:10 am

I love them! Some are especially helpful for a stuffy nose.

AbbyNormal

Post by AbbyNormal » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:15 am

I make soaps from scratch, and this is where I buy all of my oils from. You can find anything under the sun here!! http://sweetcakes.com/ I'm going to try this for sure tonight!! Thanks for the tip gang!!