I have been banned from the ASAA Board

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ems

Re: I have been banned from the ASAA Board

Post by ems » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:09 am

2 B Sleeping Soundly wrote:John, checks out another thread to clear his mind from the "Pimp My Mask' experience... Lets see what is going on with the 'I Have Been Banned From The ASSA Board' thread - . Deep down he realizes something odd is going on, but just so he doesn't have dreams of panties, thongs, and Poise pads, he backs away from the screen, closes down the browser and turns off the computer. Hopefully he muses, a few games of Angry Birds will make peaceful sleep possible and recent threads a distant memory...

49er... do you have any idea what you started
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

Jaylee

Post by Jaylee » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:27 am

I think we might have to take up a collection for John's therapy costs.

49er

Post by 49er » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 am

ems wrote:
2 B Sleeping Soundly wrote:John, checks out another thread to clear his mind from the "Pimp My Mask' experience... Lets see what is going on with the 'I Have Been Banned From The ASSA Board' thread - . Deep down he realizes something odd is going on, but just so he doesn't have dreams of panties, thongs, and Poise pads, he backs away from the screen, closes down the browser and turns off the computer. Hopefully he muses, a few games of Angry Birds will make peaceful sleep possible and recent threads a distant memory...

49er... do you have any idea what you started

I really thank everyone again for their support.

49er

RandyJ

Post by RandyJ » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:37 am

Check with Padacheek, maybe she makes a fleece thong that could double as a chinstrap (or vice versa).

(I won't post a link though - that would need to be moderated.)

Alt masks Swift FX pillows, Mirage FX nasal mask, Mirage Quattro full face mask

Iowamv

Post by Iowamv » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:49 am

Madalot wrote:
chunkyfrog wrote:When I first knew I would need cpap, I started googling. Luckily, this board was one of the first I found.
Same here. I shudder to think where I would be had I NOT found this board and the wonderful people on it. The heavily moderated boards wouldn't have done squat for me, that's for sure.
Exactly right. I have spent a LOT of time reading this board, including the archives. There is so much information here, including terrific links. I've only been using cpap for a few weeks, but have learned a ton about equipment, adjusting to the experience, where to buy stuff (thanks cpap.com!), where to find manuals, etc. This board has definitely made it far, far easier to get started.

Believe it or not, I have never met my sleep doc. I had the sleep study done, he read the report and recommended treatment, then I had another night of titration etc. (both nights with a tech). DME seemed to really want to answer questions, but when you are new to it all it is hard to have questions. So I came here and found EXACTLY what I needed. I have never felt like I needed to find another board.

mollete

Post by mollete » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:10 am

Iowamv wrote:Same here. I shudder to think where I would be had I NOT found this board and the wonderful people on it. The heavily moderated boards wouldn't have done squat for me, that's for sure.
Please stay off topic as you run the risk of being moderated.

The next Discussion Point in the thread is "If A Turtle Wears A Sweater, Is It Redundant To Refer To It As A Turtleneck"?

Pulmonette

Post by Pulmonette » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:25 am

mollete wrote:
Iowamv wrote:Same here. I shudder to think where I would be had I NOT found this board and the wonderful people on it. The heavily moderated boards wouldn't have done squat for me, that's for sure.

The next Discussion Point in the thread is "If A Turtle Wears A Sweater, Is It Redundant To Refer To It As A Turtleneck"?
Don't ask me.

I'm still stuck on "Why Don't Motorcycles Have Doors?"

49er

Post by 49er » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:39 am

mollete wrote:

Hey wait a minute, this is my thread. Pulmonette can stay on topic if he/she want to. Or the motorcycle topic is fine.

49er

mollete

Post by mollete » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:41 am

SleepingUgly wrote:...thong underwear.
Please, talking about "thongs" makes me VERY uncomfortable.

Ever since I was unfortunately walking by a dressing room and overheard a REALLY fat lady exclaim

"I LOST MY THONG!"

Don't you know that I certainly wasn't about to head a search party to go looking for it.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:34 am

I can't help thinking of Larry the Cable Guy talking about a Milk Dud.

2 B Sleeping Soundly

Post by 2 B Sleeping Soundly » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:19 am

chunkyfrog wrote:I can't help thinking of Larry the Cable Guy talking about a Milk Dud.
CF, I laughed so hard when I heard the Milk Dud story my eyes started shedding tears... it is classic Larry the Cable Guy

One time a cop pulled me over for running a stop sign. He said, "Didn't you see the stop sign?" I said, "Yeah, but I don't believe everything I read." -- Steven Wright

ems

Post by ems » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:05 am

Pulmonette wrote:"Why Don't Motorcycles Have Doors?"

Excellent question. I've wondered the same thing. The people riding them would be much safer. They zoom in and out like crazy people and I have almost killed a few of them in my time. Seriously, not funny! Sometimes I think they aren't playing with a full deck.
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

khauser

Post by khauser » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:41 am

RandyJ wrote:Check with Padacheek, maybe she makes a fleece thong that could double as a chinstrap (or vice versa).

(I won't post a link though - that would need to be moderated.)
I am REALLY sorry to the fine company Padacheek for saying this, but, I never did think of Padacheek as being for THOSE cheeks before!

Really, I needed a good laugh in a bad way. That's done now!

avi123

Post by avi123 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:57 am

49er wrote:I have been banned from the ASAA board for violating their guidelines. One of the moderators, Vicki, wanted to know why I wasn't posting my responses publicly so I explained via PM that if I did so, i would violate guidelines. I guess giving people websites in PMs is a violation of their rules.

I know, I should have checked and so forth and so on but I guess I simply got tired of all their BS. It is for the best since I was spending way too much time on the site. But I am very saddened for all the people on that place who won't get the help they need.

I guess my question for ASAA is why do you exist if all you are going to is implement rules that make it impossible to help other people?

Anyway, I thank you all for contributing to making this the great board that it is.

49er

Comment,

From posting at the ASAA it seems to me that posters there have higher education levels. RobySue, for example, during the past years (before 2013), has more posts there.

see my recent set-up and Statistics:
http://i.imgur.com/TewT8G9.png
see my recent ResScan treatment results:
http://i.imgur.com/3oia0EY.png
http://i.imgur.com/QEjvlVY.png

SleepingUgly

Post by SleepingUgly » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:09 am

avi123 wrote:From posting at the ASAA it seems to me that posters there have higher education levels. RobySue, for example, during the past years (before 2013), has more posts there.
So are you saying RobySue's "education level" went down when she started posting more on cpaptalk than on ASAA?
Never put your fate entirely in the hands of someone who cares less about it than you do. --Sleeping Ugly