CPAPtalk House Keeping Bug Report Thread

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
bdp522

Re: CPAPtalk House Keeping Bug Report Thread

Post by bdp522 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:04 pm

I click on chat and the log in box doesn't show up. Can't log in without thelog in box...

Brenda

johnnygoodman

Post by johnnygoodman » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:45 pm

Howdy,

Sorry for the trouble. I've got some questions to help us narrow this down:

Do websites like youtube.com load for you? (I'm wondering if flash is installed)

Do you have a pop up blocker preventing cpaptalk from opening a new window or tab? (if so, that would explain the lack of login screen)

What operating system (windows 98, windows xp, windows vista, mac leopard, ubuntu, etc) do you have?

What web browser (firefox, internet explorer 6, internet explorer 7, safari) are you using?

Thanks,
Johnny

bdp522

Post by bdp522 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:58 pm

I'm on vista wiht firefox and everything worked this morning except for those annoying bleeps in chat. Everything thing else works, just no log in box. It shows that it is loading settings, loading main chat window, and starting chat system. Then no little box pops up. I do allow popups. Youtube works fine. Just checked and no login window on IE either.

Brenda

jules

Post by jules » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:36 pm

I am on another forum with the old version of chat installed - was in that chat right after this one was installed - no problems - all of the chat problems have been since version 5 flash chat was put on -

we did a survey in chat last night - FF vs IE - no conclusion - XP vs Vista - no conclusion either

ah - TD - well you know gumby - maybe he was there - maybe he wasn't - but if we said he was, he probably was, but also beware I was in there last night as gumby and he was in there last night as 101010110 or close to that --- think that was before you came in

I came in last night first at b jules h and didn't see gumby - I came in as KDS using another browser and also did not see gumby - but I have gumby on yahoo so he was there --------

we did a survey in chat last night - FF vs IE - no conclusion - XP vs Vista - no conclusion either

THE TRUTH

Post by THE TRUTH » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:52 pm

Jules - you and Gumby need to get a life. You two and your chronies make chat suck. You really need to find a hobby or something and quit controlling chat. From reading your old posts it is obvious you are a nut case and Gumby is just an asshole. You two dummies should get married. I wish all those who agree would post but I know they don't want to be found out and attacked just like I don't. Get a life bitch.

GumbyCT

Post by GumbyCT » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:17 pm

TheDreamer wrote:When I had my pointer hovering over the chat link...it didn't show Gumby in chat...and I didn't see Gumby when I went in there...
The Dreamer.
Speaking of "MouseOver" to see who is in chat. I am surprised no one has complained about that yet. It's kinda like trying to text while you are driving. Plus when there are more than 10 (I think) people in chat the over 10 are truncated and you can't see anyway.

I think the old way of just scrolling the names was much better.
Just My Meaningless Opinion (JMMO),

I have no doubt, how I sleep affects every waking moment.
I am making progress-NOW I remember that I can't remember
;)
If this isn’t rocket science why are there so many spaceshots?
Be your own healthcare advocate!

Mikosiko

Post by Mikosiko » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:36 pm

bdp522 wrote:I click on chat and the log in box doesn't show up. Can't log in without thelog in box...

Brenda
Brenda,

deleting your flash cache should solve this problem ... it solved mine

go here
http://www.macromedia.com/support/docum ... ger06.html

scroll down in the little screen and find cpaptalk.com an delete it (you can also select in that screen "delete all sites")

close your browser and start it again

miko

Mikosiko

Post by Mikosiko » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:44 pm

johnnygoodman wrote:Howdy,

Sorry for the trouble. I've got some questions to help us narrow this down:

Do websites like youtube.com load for you? (I'm wondering if flash is installed)

Do you have a pop up blocker preventing cpaptalk from opening a new window or tab? (if so, that would explain the lack of login screen)

What operating system (windows 98, windows xp, windows vista, mac leopard, ubuntu, etc) do you have?

What web browser (firefox, internet explorer 6, internet explorer 7, safari) are you using?

Thanks,
Johnny
Using the same computer as always (never failed before)... I'm getting the login screen after few seconds (longer than usual) and the message "Socket Server Connection Failed"...
maybe the announced maintenance is in place at this moment?.....

Weird.... no changes here... and clicked couple times again and Voila... connected again.... gremlins are having fun

Last edited by Mikosiko on Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheDreamer

Post by TheDreamer » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:44 pm

jules wrote:ah - TD - well you know gumby - maybe he was there - maybe he wasn't - but if we said he was, he probably was, but also beware I was in there last night as gumby and he was in there last night as 101010110 or close to that --- think that was before you came in

I came in last night first at b jules h and didn't see gumby - I came in as KDS using another browser and also did not see gumby - but I have gumby on yahoo so he was there --------
Oh sure, mess with the CPAP user that hasn't slept with his CPAP in a week....

The Dreamer.

You may be a dreamer, but I'm The Dreamer, the definite article you might say!

73 de W0LKC

jules

Post by jules » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:53 pm

TD,

We just did a few permutations of chat names last night while testing things out - miko used one briefly last night I had used.

I think by the time you were in there last night, we were all back to normal names.

And for anyone wanting info, I am XP media edition, FF 3 normally in chat, but IE 6 for KDS and didn't see the real gumby with that name either.

ThatMaskedMan

Post by ThatMaskedMan » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:27 pm

Unable to get in chat all day. Mac OS X 10.3.9. I keep getting "socket server connection failed."

birdshell

Post by birdshell » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:07 pm

ThatMaskedMan wrote:I keep getting "socket server connection failed."

Ditto for Windows XP.
I clicked on the chat link and the sign in box came up after about 30 seconds with "socket server connection failed" at the top of it.

I tried to log in to the chat (it accepted my user name and allowed me to enter it) and the sign in box came up after about 30 seconds with "socket server connection failed" at the top of it. Trying multiple times merely put me into a loop of getting the sign in box with "socket server connection failed".

I CAN get videos from YouTube without any problem playing them.

I DID as mikosiko suggested and deleted my flash cookies.

I DO have Active X Control, which I turned off to check. It did not make a difference, although I didn't have cpaptalk.com disallowed anyway. That could be a mute point.

I DID delete cpaptalk.com cookies.

I have done all I could think to do. I saw Trinh Vu's name in chat (sometimes in different versions) throughout the day, so he must have been doing something. At one point, I did try to log in, and successfully did so...even "birdshell" was listed as "birdshell"!

So, I am rather certain that a bit of patience will have us back in business.

Thank you for all the time spent fixing this for us.

Karen,
Who likes to chatImage
Be kinder than necessary; everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Click => Free Mammograms

bdp522

Post by bdp522 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:19 pm

deleting your flash cache should solve this problem ... it solved mine

go here
http://www.macromedia.com/support/docum ... ger06.html

scroll down in the little screen and find cpaptalk.com an delete it (you can also select in that screen "delete all sites")

close your browser and start it again
Did it, didn't help.

Brenda

bdp522

Post by bdp522 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:25 pm

OK...got the log in box. Took it about 60 seconds to show up, but it did.

Brenda

m

Post by m » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:26 pm

CLEARED THE COOKIES AND THE FILES THE SIGN IN BOX COMES UP BUT IT CANT CONNECT TO THE SERVER