General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
-
jonquiljo
- Posts: 484
- Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:22 pm
- Location: SF Bay area (Marin)
Post
by jonquiljo » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:18 am
Calist wrote:$500 for me, I'll score it.
$500 for a neurologist I know, he'll interpret. He'll even write up a report and sign it, make it all official.
It'll take us a few weeks to get around to it though. Kinda backed up right now.
How about $2K for someone else to do it right now? You really don't get how this world works - do you?
Let me give you a hint. There is always someone willing to pay enough so the neurologist cleans their bathroom with a toothbrush. You don't even have to be a cynic to get that one.
We are all expendable. Period.
-
Calist
- Posts: 159
- Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:56 am
Post
by Calist » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:23 am
No I agree. $500 + $500 is a bargain price. 2k is not quite a 'Do it now' price however.
Really what you would need is to find a good neurologist that has his own team and can organize a 'Do it now' operation. For that kind of treatment he will need some serious cash however. I would like to start tossing around numbers but unfortunately I think it would depend on the neurologist really. You gotta find some one you like and then figure out exactly how much it's going to take to make him move his dayplanner around.
"There is no place for someone like him on a forum like this." -Madalot
"And I wouldn't hold your breath on learning much from anyone in the medical field" - jonquiljo
"Reconcile this." -NotMuffy
-
jonquiljo
- Posts: 484
- Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:22 pm
- Location: SF Bay area (Marin)
Post
by jonquiljo » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:26 am
Calist wrote:You gotta find some one you like and then figure out exactly how much it's going to take to make him move his dayplanner around.
You really don't get it and I'm not going to try anymore with you. I'm going to go watch an episode of "True Blood" and go to sleep. It's about as real as the world you live in, and whole lot more entertaining.
-
Calist
- Posts: 159
- Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:56 am
Post
by Calist » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:35 am
jonquiljo wrote:Calist wrote:You gotta find some one you like and then figure out exactly how much it's going to take to make him move his dayplanner around.
You really don't get it and I'm not going to try anymore with you. I'm going to go watch an episode of "True Blood" and go to sleep. It's about as real as the world you live in, and whole lot more entertaining.
Sookie is a whore!
Pfffft! I'm a sleep tech, we're real life vampires. See us walking around walmart at three o'clock in the morning... thats right, you better wear a turtleneck sweater and hide your cheez-its because we are ALL about cheez-its. Only way to stop us is with the morning sun. Our skin is so pale and translucent that it burns... IT BURNS!!!
"There is no place for someone like him on a forum like this." -Madalot
"And I wouldn't hold your breath on learning much from anyone in the medical field" - jonquiljo
"Reconcile this." -NotMuffy
-
NotMuffy
- Posts: 962
- Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:56 am
- Location: Dunno. GPS is dead.
Post
by NotMuffy » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:56 am
Calist wrote:$500 for me, I'll score it.
$500 for a neurologist I know, he'll interpret. He'll even write up a report and sign it, make it all official.
It'll take us a few weeks to get around to it though. Kinda backed up right now.
These guys (who, unlike SFB, there, really are sleep people) will score it for 40 bucks:
http://www.sleepscoringservices.com/6.html
"Don't Blame Me...You Took the Red Pill..."
-
NotMuffy
- Posts: 962
- Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:56 am
- Location: Dunno. GPS is dead.
Post
by NotMuffy » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:00 am
Sirca wrote:O2 saturation is important and fairly easily monitored by readily available pulse oximeters. Are there any decent EEG monitors that could help me monitor the quality of my sleep with respect to the time I spend in each stage of sleep? I'm aware of the Zeos, but get the impression it's more of a toy than a real EEG. I can't afford a Zeos, so I probably can't afford something more sophisticated, but I'm still curious.
You'd need some sensors around the eyes and on the chin in addition to some EEG, but same principle. Gather some mV and amplify the daylights out of it.
"Don't Blame Me...You Took the Red Pill..."
-
NotMuffy
- Posts: 962
- Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:56 am
- Location: Dunno. GPS is dead.
Post
by NotMuffy » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:06 am
Calist wrote:$500 for a neurologist...
To do what? Sirca just wants to score sleep.
Calist wrote:Kinda backed up right now.
OK, that explains everything.
"Don't Blame Me...You Took the Red Pill..."
-
Calist
- Posts: 159
- Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:56 am
Post
by Calist » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:12 am
NotMuffy wrote:Calist wrote:$500 for me, I'll score it.
$500 for a neurologist I know, he'll interpret. He'll even write up a report and sign it, make it all official.
It'll take us a few weeks to get around to it though. Kinda backed up right now.
These guys (who, unlike SFB, there, really are sleep people) will score it for 40 bucks:
http://www.sleepscoringservices.com/6.html
They only score sleep... and I wouldn't really call that scoring. You could hit the built in alice auto-score button and get the same effect. Save yourself the $40 it'll take to have it sent to India and have them do the same thing over there.
"There is no place for someone like him on a forum like this." -Madalot
"And I wouldn't hold your breath on learning much from anyone in the medical field" - jonquiljo
"Reconcile this." -NotMuffy
-
NotMuffy
- Posts: 962
- Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:56 am
- Location: Dunno. GPS is dead.
Post
by NotMuffy » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:13 am
Calist wrote:Sookie is a whore!
Now you've done it. Sookie is my cousin.
Calist wrote:I'm a sleep tech...
No, you're not.
"Don't Blame Me...You Took the Red Pill..."
-
Calist
- Posts: 159
- Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:56 am
Post
by Calist » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:13 am
NotMuffy wrote:Sirca wrote:O2 saturation is important and fairly easily monitored by readily available pulse oximeters. Are there any decent EEG monitors that could help me monitor the quality of my sleep with respect to the time I spend in each stage of sleep? I'm aware of the Zeos, but get the impression it's more of a toy than a real EEG. I can't afford a Zeos, so I probably can't afford something more sophisticated, but I'm still curious.
You'd need some sensors around the eyes and on the chin in addition to some EEG, but same principle. Gather some mV and amplify the daylights out of it.
Where around the eyes and chin exactly? Any particular spot?
"There is no place for someone like him on a forum like this." -Madalot
"And I wouldn't hold your breath on learning much from anyone in the medical field" - jonquiljo
"Reconcile this." -NotMuffy
-
Calist
- Posts: 159
- Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:56 am
Post
by Calist » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:16 am
NotMuffy wrote:Calist wrote:Sookie is a whore!
Now you've done it. Sookie is my cousin.
You know what she is! She drops her drawers for every vampire in town!
Calist wrote:I'm a sleep tech...
No, you're not.
Well you caught me there! Your too clever for me!
"There is no place for someone like him on a forum like this." -Madalot
"And I wouldn't hold your breath on learning much from anyone in the medical field" - jonquiljo
"Reconcile this." -NotMuffy
-
NotMuffy
- Posts: 962
- Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:56 am
- Location: Dunno. GPS is dead.
Post
by NotMuffy » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:25 am
Calist wrote:Your too clever for me!
Being able to spell helps.
"Don't Blame Me...You Took the Red Pill..."
-
Calist
- Posts: 159
- Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:56 am
Post
by Calist » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:28 am
NotMuffy wrote:Calist wrote:Your too clever for me!
Being able to spell helps.
I love your quote for me. Are you trying to get on my quote list?
"There is no place for someone like him on a forum like this." -Madalot
"And I wouldn't hold your breath on learning much from anyone in the medical field" - jonquiljo
"Reconcile this." -NotMuffy
-
NotMuffy
- Posts: 962
- Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:56 am
- Location: Dunno. GPS is dead.
Post
by NotMuffy » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:48 am
Calist wrote:NotMuffy wrote:Calist wrote:Your too clever for me!
Being able to spell helps.
I love your quote for me. Are you trying to get on my quote list?
Bring it, MF.
"Don't Blame Me...You Took the Red Pill..."
-
Calist
- Posts: 159
- Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:56 am
Post
by Calist » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:50 am
I'm running out of characters on my sig. Here, hold on.
"There is no place for someone like him on a forum like this." -Madalot
"And I wouldn't hold your breath on learning much from anyone in the medical field" - jonquiljo
"Reconcile this." -NotMuffy