New User 2nd post

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
User avatar
Pugsy
Posts: 65411
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 9:31 am
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: New User 2nd post

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:06 pm

mrbreezeet1 wrote:I'm getting somewhat frustrated with this therapy, and worried I may not be wearing it enough for the insurance co.
Does the machine "count as wearing it while you're awake, or it knows the difference if you're sleeping.
I don't know your specific insurance requirements but if you are on Medicare or your insurance mimics Medicare the requirements are that you use the machine for at least 4 hours a night/day...for 70% of the nights within a 30 day consecutive period and you normally have 90 days to get that done in...So 21 nights with 4 hours or more of use within a 30 day period.

The machine can't tell if you are asleep or awake in terms of recording compliance as long as you are attached to it and breathing. So awake time if you are attached...will count.
If you aren't attached...no.
mrbreezeet1 wrote:Would the insurance and or the DMEs supply a collar, or is that something they would say isn't needed, or won't work.
I'm going to try to see if walmart has one today.
DMEs will probably have cervical collars but insurance may not pay for it and for sure insurance won't pay unless the doctor writes a prescription for it.
And DME prices are going to be a lot higher than WalMart for pretty much the same collar.

_________________
Machine: AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
Additional Comments: Mask Bleep Eclipse https://bleepsleep.com/the-eclipse/
I may have to RISE but I refuse to SHINE.

mrbreezeet1
Posts: 223
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: New User 2nd post

Post by mrbreezeet1 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:37 pm

Pugsy wrote:
mrbreezeet1 wrote:I'm getting somewhat frustrated with this therapy, and worried I may not be wearing it enough for the insurance co.
Does the machine "count as wearing it while you're awake, or it knows the difference if you're sleeping.
I don't know your specific insurance requirements but if you are on Medicare or your insurance mimics Medicare the requirements are that you use the machine for at least 4 hours a night/day...for 70% of the nights within a 30 day consecutive period and you normally have 90 days to get that done in...So 21 nights with 4 hours or more of use within a 30 day period.

The machine can't tell if you are asleep or awake in terms of recording compliance as long as you are attached to it and breathing. So awake time if you are attached...will count.
If you aren't attached...no.
mrbreezeet1 wrote:Would the insurance and or the DMEs supply a collar, or is that something they would say isn't needed, or won't work.
I'm going to try to see if walmart has one today.
DMEs will probably have cervical collars but insurance may not pay for it and for sure insurance won't pay unless the doctor writes a prescription for it.
And DME prices are going to be a lot higher than WalMart for pretty much the same collar.
Im on Medicare.

User avatar
Pugsy
Posts: 65411
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 9:31 am
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: New User 2nd post

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:42 pm

With Medicare sometime between the 31st and 90th day of cpap use you also need to have a face to face with your doctor to document that cpap is working.

If for some reason you just can't get the 21 out of 30 days at 4 or more hours accomplished there are things to do to ask for an extension.
I would use available software and if I am coming close to having a problem I would read a book or watch TV while wearing the mask with the machine on to add a few more hours to the total for each day if you know you are coming up short. 4 hours really isn't all that much.

I still don't know what machine you are using but most of the common brands are compatible with SleepyHead and they all show hours of use so it's easy to see if you are going to run into trouble.
https://sleep.tnet.com/equipment

_________________
Machine: AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
Additional Comments: Mask Bleep Eclipse https://bleepsleep.com/the-eclipse/
I may have to RISE but I refuse to SHINE.

User avatar
Pugsy
Posts: 65411
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 9:31 am
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: New User 2nd post

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:44 pm

Oh...the at least 4 hours doesn't necessarily have to be consecutive or even at night...it's 4 plus in a 24 hour period. Naps during the day count.

_________________
Machine: AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
Additional Comments: Mask Bleep Eclipse https://bleepsleep.com/the-eclipse/
I may have to RISE but I refuse to SHINE.

User avatar
OkyDoky
Posts: 2869
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:18 pm

Re: New User 2nd post

Post by OkyDoky » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:27 pm

You can order the collar from Walmart online and they will ship it free to your local Walmart. https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=D ... %20Collars
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

mrbreezeet1
Posts: 223
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: New User 2nd post

Post by mrbreezeet1 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:17 pm

OkyDoky wrote:You can order the collar from Walmart online and they will ship it free to your local Walmart. https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=D ... %20Collars
OK, thank You.
I did check the RX at Kroger, but they didn't have one.
I think I found out what happened last night.
That chamber couldn't be out of water after only the 1 night, and the next Night, or part of it.
or could it.
Yep, The thing was bone dry.
I don't know if It ran out of water last night, and everything got too dry for me, Being why I took the mask off?
But it was EMPTY tonight when I checked it.
So maybe I'll try my homemade collar again tonight, not that I know there is water in it.
What I get for assuming.
Do you folks clean the hose and mask everyday?
I thought she said once a week, But the paper says daily.
I know she said weekly, clean the water tray in vinegar and water mix.

I have a Philips Respironics Dreamstation (p22 think it said on the bottom.)
I'll put the info in the right place too.

User avatar
Pugsy
Posts: 65411
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 9:31 am
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: New User 2nd post

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:25 pm

P22 doesn't tell us much
Instead do you see DSX...followed by some numbers.... what are those numbers?

And yes..you can use all the water in one night if the conditions are right.
I do it almost every night. I add water each night right before bed. Sometimes it is bone dry...sometimes not totally and sometimes not as much water is used....it depends on how humid the air is in my house to start with.
I never have enough water (and I fill to max fill line every time I add water).

Clean the hose and mask every day???. Not me but some people do.
viewtopic.php?p=567264#p567264
Old links to old discussions but I guarantee you the opinions haven't changed and they are just as varied now as then.

_________________
Machine: AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
Additional Comments: Mask Bleep Eclipse https://bleepsleep.com/the-eclipse/
I may have to RISE but I refuse to SHINE.

mrbreezeet1
Posts: 223
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: New User 2nd post

Post by mrbreezeet1 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:36 pm

Pugsy wrote:P22 doesn't tell us much
Instead do you see DSX...followed by some numbers.... what are those numbers?

And yes..you can use all the water in one night if the conditions are right.
I do it almost every night. I add water each night right before bed. Sometimes it is bone dry...sometimes not totally and sometimes not as much water is used....it depends on how humid the air is in my house to start with.
I never have enough water (and I fill to max fill line every time I add water).

Clean the hose and mask every day???. Not me but some people do.
viewtopic.php?p=567264#p567264
Old links to old discussions but I guarantee you the opinions haven't changed and they are just as varied now as then.
ok, im not cleaning it every day.
she didn't even leave me a book or nothing.
she has,
brand Respironics
model, dreamstation Auto CPAP
settings, 12cm H2O
interface brand, Resmen
model F 10
YES, IT's an Air Fit F 10.......large, guess I have a big head,
size large. must be the mask.
I will look for the DSX..... and numbers
Do you think running out of water may have woke me up, and made me take it off( the mask)
EDIT
DSX 500H11C

User avatar
Pugsy
Posts: 65411
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 9:31 am
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: New User 2nd post

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:51 pm

mrbreezeet1 wrote:Do you think running out of water may have woke me up, and made me take it off( the mask)
Very possible. When the plastic water chamber runs dry there is still some heat being applied to that chamber and it can create an odor which can cause a person to wake up. I have done it myself. Wake up and smell the stinky smell and immediately realize that I let the water chamber go dry.
So it's possible..was that it? Dunno but it's possible.

If you have the DreamStation Auto CPAP that should be model DSX500S11
It's a great machine..full data and all that and there's free and easy to obtain and used software available.
https://sleep.tnet.com/equipment

_________________
Machine: AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
Additional Comments: Mask Bleep Eclipse https://bleepsleep.com/the-eclipse/
I may have to RISE but I refuse to SHINE.

mrbreezeet1
Posts: 223
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: New User 2nd post

Post by mrbreezeet1 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:59 pm

Pugsy wrote:
mrbreezeet1 wrote:Do you think running out of water may have woke me up, and made me take it off( the mask)
Very possible. When the plastic water chamber runs dry there is still some heat being applied to that chamber and it can create an odor which can cause a person to wake up. I have done it myself. Wake up and smell the stinky smell and immediately realize that I let the water chamber go dry.
So it's possible..was that it? Dunno but it's possible.

If you have the DreamStation Auto CPAP that should be model DSX500S11
It's a great machine..full data and all that and there's free and easy to obtain and used software available.
https://sleep.tnet.com/equipment
I editied, Does DSX 500H11C sound Right?

User avatar
Pugsy
Posts: 65411
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 9:31 am
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: New User 2nd post

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:06 pm

mrbreezeet1 wrote:I editied, Does DSX 500H11C sound Right?
Yep. Sounds about right. The letter "H" is a package/product code..most likely indicating that the machine was packaged from the factory with the Humidifier included.

In the equipment profile the correct choice for your machine would be
DreamStation Auto CPAP Machine
humidifier choice would be
DreamStation Heated Humidifier

If you would choose text instead of icony/pictures then we can easily see at a glance what you are using.
With the icony choice we have to hover over the image (or click on the link) and the model name is in teeny tiny hard to see letters at the very bottom of the screen.
Visually all DreamStation machines look the same so we can't tell just by looking.

_________________
Machine: AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
Additional Comments: Mask Bleep Eclipse https://bleepsleep.com/the-eclipse/
I may have to RISE but I refuse to SHINE.

mrbreezeet1
Posts: 223
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: New User 2nd post

Post by mrbreezeet1 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:18 pm

Pugsy wrote:
mrbreezeet1 wrote:I editied, Does DSX 500H11C sound Right?
Yep. Sounds about right. The letter "H" is a package/product code..most likely indicating that the machine was packaged from the factory with the Humidifier included.

In the equipment profile the correct choice for your machine would be
DreamStation Auto CPAP Machine
humidifier choice would be
DreamStation Heated Humidifier

If you would choose text instead of icony/pictures then we can easily see at a glance what you are using.
With the icony choice we have to hover over the image (or click on the link) and the model name is in teeny tiny hard to see letters at the very bottom of the screen.
Visually all DreamStation machines look the same so we can't tell just by looking.
OK, I've updated.
will update the software when We get on to that .
I've got such a headache right now, going to try to go to sleep soon.
Thanks a Million.

User avatar
Pugsy
Posts: 65411
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 9:31 am
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: New User 2nd post

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:24 pm

Do you know if you have the heated hose or regular non heated hose?
It makes a huge difference in your humidity options and hose air temp options.
Does your hose look like this one?
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/pr-dre ... -tube.html
There will be a tiny electrical plug in thing at the end of the hose where it plugs into the humidifier.

When you have time go here and request the clinical/provider manual for your machine.
There's some really good information in it that isn't in the user manual that you have and you may need that additional information at some time in the future.
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p ... tup-manual
You can request via email. Instructions about 2/3 down the page.

_________________
Machine: AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
Additional Comments: Mask Bleep Eclipse https://bleepsleep.com/the-eclipse/
I may have to RISE but I refuse to SHINE.

mrbreezeet1
Posts: 223
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: New User 2nd post

Post by mrbreezeet1 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:44 pm

I didn't notice a plug, but she said it's a heated hose.
No homemade collar tonight, I can't find my tape now.
I can't find nothing around here and am sick of everything, as when you don't feel as good as you once did, and you're by yourself, it gets hard sometimes.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
Last edited by mrbreezeet1 on Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mrbreezeet1
Posts: 223
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: New User 2nd post

Post by mrbreezeet1 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:46 pm

Pugsy wrote:Do you know if you have the heated hose or regular non heated hose?
It makes a huge difference in your humidity options and hose air temp options.
Does your hose look like this one?
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/pr-dre ... -tube.html
There will be a tiny electrical plug in thing at the end of the hose where it plugs into the humidifier.

When you have time go here and request the clinical/provider manual for your machine.
There's some really good information in it that isn't in the user manual that you have and you may need that additional information at some time in the future.
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p ... tup-manual
You can request via email. Instructions about 2/3 down the page.
Ok, I will request the information.
Thank you.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk