Anyone bought a CPAP Cleaner?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
2kittymom

Anyone bought a CPAP Cleaner?

Post by 2kittymom » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:15 am

I stumbled upon the Webetop CPAP cleaner on Amazon. Compared to another that is advertised frequently, this one is much more affordable. It’s $49.99. Only a half dozen reviews, but they are all positive. I change my heated hose every 3 months, but I do not wash it. Thought this would be a good way to keep it sterilized. Sounds like it disinfects the machine too (and of course the headgear). I do have a CPAP dryer I bought 6 years ago. I put the water pan and headgear in it after I wash it. The Webetop cleans with ozone. Thoughts?

LSAT

Re: Anyone bought a CPAP Cleaner?

Post by LSAT » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:19 am

My cleaner is called Dawn...it's only 99¢

zonker

Post by zonker » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:24 am

popcorn.gif
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:29 am

2kittymom wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:15 am
Thoughts?
Why do you believe you need to use an ozone sterilizer?
Have you been experiencing more colds, flus, infections that you believe is attributable to your CPAP use?

2kittymom

Post by 2kittymom » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:35 am

I have a lot of sinus problems. We’re supposed to wash our hoses every week, and I do not. Hard to know if there’s anything growing in there. The few times I did wash the hose, it wasn’t dry when I needed to use it again.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:37 am

If you search the forum for SoClean...lots of discussions about it and it supposedly uses ozone

But you might want to read this before opening your pocketbook
https://www.verywellhealth.com/do-you-n ... in-4171650

Remember...they allegedly sanitize but they don't remove accumulated snot, slobber, facial oils or whatever....all they supposedly do is nuke the snot, slobber or whatever so no bugs are in it. You still have to manually wash with soap and water to actually remove anything.

To my mind there is a big difference between sanitize and clean.
Clean means remove the gunk on the equipment...not nuking it.

Your choice though...it's your money and you are free to do with it as you please.

Me...I wouldn't want one if it was for free....because it doesn't actually clean or remove that gunk.
Plus I have heard from a few people that it can cause discoloration or premature aging and brittleness of the silicone.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

beautifuldreamer

Post by beautifuldreamer » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:49 am

I recently purchased one on a very good deal.

The reason I got one, was sometimes I do travel, and the tap water in those countries are not drinkable, so I choose not to wash my PAP stuff when I am there.

In the past, I just bought extra bottled water to rinse with, but this time I decided to try something new for a potential upcoming 2 week trip to Asia. . .
Machine: ResMed AirSense 11 Autoset
Mask: Bleep

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:35 pm

2kittymom wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:15 am
I stumbled upon the Webetop CPAP cleaner on Amazon. Compared to another that is advertised frequently, this one is much more affordable. It’s $49.99. Only a half dozen reviews, but they are all positive. I change my heated hose every 3 months, but I do not wash it. Thought this would be a good way to keep it sterilized. Sounds like it disinfects the machine too (and of course the headgear). I do have a CPAP dryer I bought 6 years ago. I put the water pan and headgear in it after I wash it. The Webetop cleans with ozone. Thoughts?
It's junk, it'll harm the inside of your cpap,

AND, it won't *clean* anything, any snot in your mask from sneezing in it will still be there.

Crap like that is just scams meant to separate gullible people from their money.

Don't be weak minded.

Last edited by palerider on Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get OSCAR

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:36 pm

2kittymom wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:35 am
I have a lot of sinus problems. We’re supposed to wash our hoses every week, and I do not. Hard to know if there’s anything growing in there. The few times I did wash the hose, it wasn’t dry when I needed to use it again.
I never wash my hose.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:10 pm

Bought a bottle of Dawn, later found out it could be used for dishes, who would have thunk it. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:26 pm

palerider wrote: I never wash my hose.
Me neither. Probably not a slogan that one would want on a T-shirt, though.

There is the kind of cleaning we do to be responsible and conscientious. And then there is the kind of cleaning we do just to feel good about ourselves.

If a "cleaning" machine makes someone feel good about himself and he can afford it and he will use it safely, there's no law against that.

And if that person sends me a dollar, I will gladly tell him all about a good deal on a bridge that helps keep the East River clean.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:56 pm

jnk... wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:26 pm
palerider wrote: I never wash my hose.
Me neither. Probably not a slogan that one would want on a T-shirt, though.

There is the kind of cleaning we do to be responsible and conscientious. And then there is the kind of cleaning we do just to feel good about ourselves.

If a "cleaning" machine makes someone feel good about himself and he can afford it and he will use it safely, there's no law against that.

And if that person sends me a dollar, I will gladly tell him all about a good deal on a bridge that helps keep the East River clean.
The problem I have with those scams is that ozone can damage the internals of the CPAP machine... (At least, it won't help it any).

Now, I have seen an overpriced CPAP mask cleaner that could work, it's ultrasonic... And priced 3x what a non-cpap ultrasonic cleaner would cost...

2kittymom

Post by 2kittymom » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:01 pm

Thanks for all the feedback. I really appreciate it, and I will save my money.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:19 pm

I find the smell of ozone very unpleasant.
Read the material data sheet on it, and then decide.

raisedfist

Post by raisedfist » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:51 pm

All I ever do is change the filter once in a while and use mask wipes. I see no reason to wash the hose or do anything else.

SoClean etc is a scam. I've seen it turn people's mask cushion and other stuff yellow...no thanks

PS Min 6, PS Max 18, EPAP Min 4, EPAP Max 12