OSCAR Suggestions & Bug reporting

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Smargie

Re: OSCAR Suggestions & Bug reporting

Post by Smargie » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:13 am

Thank you Bluedragon and Palerider for your advice regarding purchase of a new computer, although I have to say it's been a bit of a rollercoaster. Yay, USB SD card converter...problem solved! Boo, OSCAR won't run on Chrome OS...back to the drawing board. :roll: I think I may keep the old clunker I have now to use just for OSCAR and then I won't have to do any workarounds.

Thanks also to Jay and BamaGramma for clarifying the documentation rules. They sure don't make it easy to understand, do they?

BamaGramma

Post by BamaGramma » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:15 pm

I put Oscar on my laptop but the screen isn't large enough to screenshot the data needed to post here. I downloaded it onto my desktop since the monitor is much larger, but it won't import the SD card. On the laptop I get an auto-message that it has detected a Philips SD card and do I want to import. No such message on the desktop. And when it does appear to import and asks me for a file location, I select Oscar_Date and... nothing.

Help!

NCHawk

Post by NCHawk » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:25 am

I managed to get OSCAR running, but when ever I open it I still get a pop-up telling me that it needs to update data on my Respironics machine. The only problem is that I don't use a Respironics machine. The firs CPAP I had was a Respironics, but it had been replaced in 2010 and I had never posted data from it on SleepyHead. OSCAR does include a Respironics on my list of machines, and I can't find any way to delete it. It does list both my prior ResMed S9 and the ResMed AirSense which I just got this past March (although for some reason it never imported the S9 records when it was installed.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. It's rather annoying to have to close out the pop-up every time I open OSCAR to update my current usage.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:01 pm

NCHawk wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:25 am
I managed to get OSCAR running, but when ever I open it I still get a pop-up telling me that it needs to update data on my Respironics machine. The only problem is that I don't use a Respironics machine. The firs CPAP I had was a Respironics, but it had been replaced in 2010 and I had never posted data from it on SleepyHead. OSCAR does include a Respironics on my list of machines, and I can't find any way to delete it. It does list both my prior ResMed S9 and the ResMed AirSense which I just got this past March (although for some reason it never imported the S9 records when it was installed.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. It's rather annoying to have to close out the pop-up every time I open OSCAR to update my current usage.
Go into your profile in the listed data directory, and delete the Respironics directory. and if you don't care about the S9, delete that too.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

NCHawk

Post by NCHawk » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:00 am

palerider wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:01 pm
NCHawk wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:25 am

Go into your profile in the listed data directory, and delete the Respironics directory. and if you don't care about the S9, delete that too.
Thank you. Not only was I able to delete the Respironics from my profile, but I was able to import most of my S9 data. For some reason, the import locked up at 99%; after waiting for about ten minutes I hit the Abort button, and when I checked my data it now shows data from the S9 going back to 2014, although there are some gaps where no data is available. I'm going to see if these match up with times I was in the hospital, but off the top of my head some of them are too long for that. I can live with that, though, since I doubt I'll ever need to verify my sleep numbers back that far.

m421

Post by m421 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:14 pm

I can't find a way to search this thread . .

I have OSCAR on MacOS 10.14.5 and a CONTEC CMS50F. I installed the suggested driver in the Import Wizard and rebooted. After that I always get the message:
You need to tell your oximeter to begin sending data to the computer.
Please connect your oximeter, enter it's menu and select upload to commence data transfer...
There is no such menu option.

I've been googling this for OSCAR and Sleepyhead and haven't been able to find much useful. One or two people who never got it to work but most people saying it worked fine in Sleepyhead.
Last edited by m421 on Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:30 pm

m421 wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:14 pm
I can't find a way to search this thread . .

I have Oscar on MacOS 10.14.5 and a CONTEC CMS50F. I installed the suggested driver in the Import Wizard and rebooted. After that I always get the message:
You need to tell your oximeter to begin sending data to the computer.
Please connect your oximeter, enter it's menu and select upload to commence data transfer...
There is no such menu option.

I've been googling this for OSCAR and Sleepyhead and haven't been able to find much useful. One or two people who never got it to work but most people saying it worked fine in Sleepyhead.
Go back to the oximeter manual, and oximeter software, get that working first, so you can upload the data from the 50F to the oximeter software first.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

m421

Post by m421 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:45 pm

I found the download for the MacOS version of the SPO2 app for the CMS50F that allows me to download the data to a file, and I tried using the Oximetry Import Wizard to import that instead. OSCAR accepts the file but the screen that says "Import Completed. When did the recording start?" doesn't appear to work. There's a space that looks like maybe it's supposed to be a calendar that's mostly blank. I can pick month and day but not year. If I pick the option for starting the oximeter when I started my CPAP, it says "No CPAP data available on" and "No sessions present"

Does OSCAR support importing Oximetry data?
Screen Shot 2019-07-06 at 11.33.36 AM.png
Screen shot of file import screen
Screen Shot 2019-07-06 at 11.33.36 AM.png (825.18 KiB) Viewed 13352 times

m421

Post by m421 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:06 pm

palerider wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:30 pm
Go back to the oximeter manual, and oximeter software, get that working first, so you can upload the data from the 50F to the oximeter software first.
The manual says:
Uploading the saved data: Connect the device to computer with the data line, then open the PC software.
That works fine with the SPO2 app. All the listings for the CONTEC CMS50F said there was no MacOS support so I was pleased to find the software online, but I hadn't expected to need it. I was going off recommendations here that the CMS50F was a good choice for working with Sleepyhead. But then when I went to download Sleepyhead I found it's now abandonware and the OSCAR folks are now working on it. Most of what comes up in Google searches is about Sleepyhead, it's hard to tell what does and doesn't apply to OSCAR.

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:31 pm

m421 wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:06 pm
palerider wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:30 pm
The manual says:
Uploading the saved data: Connect the device to computer with the data line, then open the PC software.
That works fine with the SPO2 app. All the listings for the CONTEC CMS50F said there was no MacOS support so I was pleased to find the software online, but I hadn't expected to need it. I was going off recommendations here that the CMS50F was a good choice for working with Sleepyhead. But then when I went to download Sleepyhead I found it's now abandonware and the OASIS folks are now working on it. Most of what comes up in Google searches is about Sleepyhead, it's hard to tell what does and doesn't apply to OASIS.
If you are referring to OSCAR then most all the SleepyHead stuff should apply. They basically picked up where Mark left SleepyHead.

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

m421

Post by m421 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:36 pm

Argh. That's what I get for posting without drinking enough coffee first. I'll fix that if I can . . .

bjhunt01

Post by bjhunt01 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:59 pm

I've been running Sleepyhead and Oscar on iMac 10.13.6. Oscar transition going fine until the last two nights and it won't take my data but Sleepyhead does. I have no idea why as I'm not doing anything different. Any ideas?

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:03 pm

bjhunt01 wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:59 pm
I've been running Sleepyhead and Oscar on iMac 10.13.6. Oscar transition going fine until the last two nights and it won't take my data but Sleepyhead does. I have no idea why as I'm not doing anything different. Any ideas?
What do you mean by "it won't take my data"? It doesn't find the SD card? It says the data is up to date? Imports but no new data on the Daily page?

OSCAR 1.5.1 is the latest release.
OSCAR Team
ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto, F&P Brevida.
FlashAir SD and FlashPap for data transfer.

bjhunt01

Post by bjhunt01 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:14 pm

BlueDragon wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:03 pm
bjhunt01 wrote:
What do you mean by "it won't take my data"? It doesn't find the SD card? It says the data is up to date? Imports but no new data on the Daily page?
Good question! It finds the SD card, I tell it to import, but there is no new data on the Daily page. Just like I always have done with Sleepyhead and with Oscar until the last two days.

bjhunt01

Post by bjhunt01 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:15 pm

bjhunt01 wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:14 pm
BlueDragon wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:03 pm
bjhunt01 wrote:
Good question! It finds the SD card, I tell it to import, it appears to be doing that, but there is no new data on the Daily page. Just like I always have done with Sleepyhead and with Oscar until the last two days.