Sleepyhead shutting down?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
nobody

Re: Sleepyhead shutting down?

Post by nobody » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:24 pm

zonker wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:45 pm
nobody wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:13 pm
grayghost4 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:10 pm
nobody wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:12 pm

Dunno what this is about so much, but I couldn't agree more.
then why are you commenting ... when you don't understand what is happening

when you take something out of context .... as I just did ... you change the meaning of it .
His assessment of "palerider" is universal, that was my point. It doesn't matter what is being discussed, the person behind the palerider account is a nasty person. It's clear regardless the topic.
no, it isn't universal. you've tangled with palerider and that colors your perception. if you actually went through and read all of his posts, you'd realize that's not the case. there have been many, many times when he has helped people out, without having to result to insults.

he's not a mild milk toast kind of guy. he's a very good resource for information about most anything cpap related. could he be nicer? oh, hell yes! but in the end, what matters is that gets that information out, imho.

you are entitled to your own opinion. but please don't try to paint palerider as someone who is universally regarded as a nasty person.
I have not "tangled" with palerider he made specific personal attacks toward me after which I blocked him. I'm damn glad to see someone else calling out his shit. He has been crapping all over this board for years. A real piece of shit of a person. Makes this place full of negativity and ruins the atmosphere of helping. Ban me then I don't give damn. Been here longer than either palerider or pugsy. Seen all the good people leave probably because of this shithead who is constantly rude and attacking people.

nobody

Post by nobody » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:29 pm

And furthermore I'm not part of the audience. This place doesn't belong to either one of these guys as some stage or TV we're supposed to watch. It's sickening watching the favoritism play out here. Truly the most disgusting thing I've seen here in the over decade I been here. Too bad this place went from being so helpful to a steaming pile of crap.

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:42 pm

I only came to CPAPTalk looking for a little support and encouragement over a "hostile takeover" attempt, not to chuck a "temper tantrum". I genuinely needed help, and poorly estimated the number of people who even remotely cared about my work.

My name has been maligned all over the place, by people who had no idea what was going on, who have outright lied repeatedly about me and attacked me with their horrendous displays of entitlement and put-downs.

It's clear coming here was the wrong choice, and I apologize for allowing myself to get stirred up by pr's rot. I DID however tell the truth, and at least my sides known now.

I tried to foe'd pr immediately, but didn't realize CPAPTalk didn't actually have any blocking capability (I've never had to use it before), and he kept attacking. I did feel well within my rights to defend against that rubbish.

I will spare you all the trauma of participating any further on this forum. Goodbye

Additional Comments: CMS50D+/F Oximeter, S9 VPAP Auto/Adapt, PRS1 Auto, Intellipap Auto, SleepyHead :)
Author of the free, cross platform, open-source sleep tracking software SleepyHead.
Download http://sleepyhead.jedimark.net
Source Code http://gitlab.com/sleepyhead/sleepyhead-code

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:43 pm

Nobody wrote:frothing vitriol
Sounds like the infamous, and now banned 'guest'.

Last edited by palerider on Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get OSCAR

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:54 pm

jedimark wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:42 pm
I genuinely needed help, and poorly estimated the number of people who even remotely cared about my work.
Huge numbers of people care about your WORK.

it's your childish temper tantrums that reflect poorly on you.

We do agree that you genuinely need help.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:59 pm

nobody wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:29 pm
It's sickening watching the favoritism play out here. Truly the most disgusting thing I've seen here in the over decade I been here. Too bad this place went from being so helpful to a steaming pile of crap.
Couldn't have said it better. Don't others see the favoritism? It's a unspoken joke.
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:01 pm

Lucyhere wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:59 pm
nobody wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:29 pm
It's sickening watching the favoritism play out here. Truly the most disgusting thing I've seen here in the over decade I been here. Too bad this place went from being so helpful to a steaming pile of crap.
Couldn't have said it better. Don't others see the favoritism? It's a unspoken joke.
I'd love to see a poll of which of us people would rather do without on the forum... you or me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Snoregone Conclusion

Post by Snoregone Conclusion » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:23 pm

palerider wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:54 pm
jedimark wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:42 pm
I genuinely needed help, and poorly estimated the number of people who even remotely cared about my work.
Huge numbers of people care about your WORK.

it's your childish temper tantrums that reflect poorly on you.

We do agree that you genuinely need help.
The only useful role you could have fulfilled in this whole mess is being a rubber duck, but you aren't remotely wise enough to be a rubber duck.

Your attitude of ingratitude has rightfully earned all his ire.

I'm very thankful for what he's done, I do fully understand what's involved in its creation, regardless of whatever the details are, whatever the history: it's his creation and a massive amount of sacrifice, and you've gone out of your way to shit on him, like you do with so many other people that aren't your sycophants. You getting him a t-shirt? Big fat whooping deal: that doesn't remotely come close to having any real practical meaning, and whatever good will comes out of a t-shirt, no matter how nice, doesn't make up for you attacking him and derisively talking about him and his work, in your usual snide way when you have decided to be your negative self.

You're calling him childish, well, YOU need to look in the mirror: it's not a pretty sight when seen by someone else.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:37 pm

Sigh....this thread went where I asked it not go. If no one wants to stay on topic...or needs to.... then I guess no one needs to say anything else constructive.
It will be locked.
If you all want to discuss further ways to help Mark or with SleepyHead ....I guess you can start a new thread.

I think you all have beat this dead horse to death and now looking for another horse to beat on. It won't be here in this thread.

We have many forum member who often say things that people don't like or someone takes offense to.
Sometimes they are just being an ass and sometimes they are just telling the truth and sometimes the truth isn't pretty and it hurts.
Palerider isn't the only forum member with a sharp tongue. Some of you folks need to take a hard look in the mirror in the morning.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.