Not cancer this time

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
User avatar
chunkyfrog
Posts: 32977
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Location: in a nice, moist, Nebraska bog

Re: Not cancer this time

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:11 pm

So far, all they've said is walking, but if it comes to it, I may ask for aquatic therapy.
It was useless before, because they were just postponing what I really needed;
but for recovery, probably useful now.

_________________
Mask: AirFit™ P10 For Her Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
Additional Comments: second Airsense 10 Autoset for Her --sticking with a good thing.

User avatar
zonker
Posts: 9801
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:36 pm

Re: Not cancer this time

Post by zonker » Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:06 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:11 pm
So far, all they've said is walking, but if it comes to it, I may ask for aquatic therapy.
It was useless before, because they were just postponing what I really needed;
but for recovery, probably useful now.
i find it simply amazing just how much of a workout i get in the water.

i wish our local ymca had water aerobics, but alas, they don't.
"the world is full of good people. if you can't find one, be one."-sleepgeek(avatar)

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints
The sinners are much more fun
You know that only the good die young"-billy joel

User avatar
chunkyfrog
Posts: 32977
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Location: in a nice, moist, Nebraska bog

Re: Not cancer this time

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:06 pm

I hope I don't have to wait the entire 12 weeks.
My pain levels are already less than pre-surgery;
but my stamina is still a bit lower.

_________________
Mask: AirFit™ P10 For Her Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
Additional Comments: second Airsense 10 Autoset for Her --sticking with a good thing.

User avatar
chunkyfrog
Posts: 32977
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Location: in a nice, moist, Nebraska bog

Re: Not cancer this time

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:03 pm

Luckily, I have been off pain meds for several weeks.
Lucky, because I am now the designated driver.
The bullfrog has developed fast cataracts, and can't see well enough to drive.
Surgery is scheduled for two and three weeks from now.
For the time being, his vision is so bad, he barely complains about my driving.
How bad, I wonder, when I was taking oxy every 6 hours?
--and the poor dear was stuggling to manage, in spite of his poor vision.
Aaaw, love his sweet green hiney.

_________________
Mask: AirFit™ P10 For Her Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
Additional Comments: second Airsense 10 Autoset for Her --sticking with a good thing.

User avatar
lazarus
Posts: 573
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:21 pm
Location: NY State

Re: Not cancer this time

Post by lazarus » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:14 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:03 pm
Luckily, I have been off pain meds for several weeks.
Lucky, because I am now the designated driver.
The bullfrog has developed fast cataracts, and can't see well enough to drive.
Surgery is scheduled for two and three weeks from now.
For the time being, his vision is so bad, he barely complains about my driving.
How bad, I wonder, when I was taking oxy every 6 hours?
--and the poor dear was stuggling to manage, in spite of his poor vision.
Aaaw, love his sweet green hiney.
Upvote.
My favorite post in a while, in fact.
Thanks for sharing it, Lady Chunkyfrog!
AS10/P30i

Just think of the positive influence you have when you show courtesy, kindness, and tolerance during Internet discussions.

User avatar
ozij
Posts: 9248
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:52 pm

Re: Not cancer this time

Post by ozij » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:09 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:03 pm
Luckily, I have been off pain meds for several weeks.
So good to hear the good news, Chunky.
chunkyfrog wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:03 pm
The bullfrog has developed fast cataracts, and can't see well enough to drive.
Surgery is scheduled for two and three weeks from now.
Cataract surgery nowadays is so unbelievably easier that it was once.
Good luck to your dear Mr. Frog!

_________________
Machine: ResMed AirSense™ 10 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
Mask: Bleep DreamPort CPAP Mask Solution
Additional Comments: Machine: AirSense??? 10 AutoSet??? For Her CPAP Machine with HumidAir??? Heated HumidifierSoftware: Oscar; alternating masks
And now here is my secret, a very simple secret; it is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

User avatar
chunkyfrog
Posts: 32977
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Location: in a nice, moist, Nebraska bog

Re: Not cancer this time

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:30 pm

Yes, the advances are amazing.
So grateful for that.

_________________
Mask: AirFit™ P10 For Her Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
Additional Comments: second Airsense 10 Autoset for Her --sticking with a good thing.

User avatar
zonker
Posts: 9801
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:36 pm

Re: Not cancer this time

Post by zonker » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:31 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:03 pm

The bullfrog has developed fast cataracts, and can't see well enough to drive.
Surgery is scheduled for two and three weeks from now.
have some fast cataracts myself. am hoping they aren't quite THAT fast.

is medicare paying for the surgery?
"the world is full of good people. if you can't find one, be one."-sleepgeek(avatar)

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints
The sinners are much more fun
You know that only the good die young"-billy joel

User avatar
chunkyfrog
Posts: 32977
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Location: in a nice, moist, Nebraska bog

Re: Not cancer this time

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:43 pm

Medicare--yes. I asked more than once, and have it in writing.
We even got a formal referral from the optometrist who caught it.
(Note: he has never been to Tralfamadore.)

_________________
Mask: AirFit™ P10 For Her Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
Additional Comments: second Airsense 10 Autoset for Her --sticking with a good thing.
Last edited by chunkyfrog on Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
zonker
Posts: 9801
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:36 pm

Re: Not cancer this time

Post by zonker » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:57 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:43 pm
Medicare--yes. I asked more than once, and have it in writing.
We even got a formal referral from the optometrist who caught it.
(Note: he has never been to Tralfamador.)
good!
"the world is full of good people. if you can't find one, be one."-sleepgeek(avatar)

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints
The sinners are much more fun
You know that only the good die young"-billy joel

User avatar
Okie bipap
Posts: 3462
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:14 pm
Location: Central Oklahoma

Re: Not cancer this time

Post by Okie bipap » Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:08 pm

My wife and I both have had cataract surgery on both eyes. The surgery, replacement lens, all follow up appointments and one pair of glasses after everything settled down were all covered by Medicare. Since I have a significant astigmatism, I opted for the upgraded lens that correct most of it. Medicare paid what they normally allow for replacement lenses, and I only had to pay the additional amount. My wife's astigmatism was not bad enough to be able to use the upgraded lenses.

_________________
Machine: AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
Mask: Evora Full Face Mask - Fitpack
Additional Comments: IPAP 20-25, ps 4, OSCAR software
Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

User avatar
chunkyfrog
Posts: 32977
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Location: in a nice, moist, Nebraska bog

Re: Not cancer this time

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:45 pm

The bullfrog will only need the basic lens, as he needed no glasses at all
for most of his life; and has only needed line trifocals in the last few years,
mostly for near vision.

_________________
Mask: AirFit™ P10 For Her Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
Additional Comments: second Airsense 10 Autoset for Her --sticking with a good thing.

User avatar
zonker
Posts: 9801
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:36 pm

Re: Not cancer this time

Post by zonker » Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:06 pm

Okie bipap wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:08 pm
My wife and I both have had cataract surgery on both eyes. The surgery, replacement lens, all follow up appointments and one pair of glasses after everything settled down were all covered by Medicare. Since I have a significant astigmatism, I opted for the upgraded lens that correct most of it. Medicare paid what they normally allow for replacement lenses, and I only had to pay the additional amount. My wife's astigmatism was not bad enough to be able to use the upgraded lenses.
astigmatism here, too. and thinking of going similar. i may be a bit confused,though. mind you, i haven't done any research as it's still early days. but i'm thinking if i end up with reading glasses, that would be fine. i like having separate glasses for reading anyway as i don't like bifocals at all.

anyway, that's good to hear. thanks for the info.
"the world is full of good people. if you can't find one, be one."-sleepgeek(avatar)

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints
The sinners are much more fun
You know that only the good die young"-billy joel

User avatar
chunkyfrog
Posts: 32977
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Location: in a nice, moist, Nebraska bog

Re: Not cancer this time

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:04 pm

RK makes cataract surgery more difficult.
I had it in my 40s, after years of Coke bottle glasses.
Without glasses, my focal range was between 4 and 9 inches.
I could not recognize my own children at over 6 feet away.

_________________
Mask: AirFit™ P10 For Her Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
Additional Comments: second Airsense 10 Autoset for Her --sticking with a good thing.

User avatar
zonker
Posts: 9801
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:36 pm

Re: Not cancer this time

Post by zonker » Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:24 pm

what is "RK"?
"the world is full of good people. if you can't find one, be one."-sleepgeek(avatar)

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints
The sinners are much more fun
You know that only the good die young"-billy joel