Very scared because I don't know what is going on

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
fmj13
Posts: 202
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:42 pm

Re: Very scared because I don't know what is going on

Post by fmj13 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:02 am

mrsbongo1 wrote:My machine was doing the same thing, had it replaced in July, worked fine. Last week the new machine started turning off again on me, I called Resmed asked if there was any know issues, said no, wanted to know if I wanted to talk to tech support, said sure. Fellow there started out treating me like a moron, I had the correct answer to all his questions, then he asked about the Climate line hose, which I had just switch out. Bingo, the hose looked fine only a few months old but was the reason for my machines start and stop. I think it was the reason for the replacement of my first machine too. Well I put that hose in the trash, put on a new one and have not had any trouble since. I'm evenly thinking of turning the smart start/stop back on! Give it a try, I really don't like sleeping in my FF mask for an hours with the machine off.
I took your advice and switched in a new hose. It's gotten better, but it still shows flow stoppages that I don't understand. I have had to deal with some congestion the past few nights, but I still don't get the gaps.

In last night's case, I really don't understand the 3 hour gap between 5-8.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/109690148@N08/12031320004/

Also, both Sleepyhead and Resscan don't show the flow rate at all (the section doesn't even appear in the display) in the period of December 27 - January 5. The last really great day I had per Sleepyhead is December 25th:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/109690148@N08/12031490014/

On Monday, I ran into one of my friends who also has apnea. For him, the CPAP is all he needs, he asked me why I am still having sleep problems when I use mine every night. I wish I knew the answer to that.

_________________
Machine: AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
Mask: Fisher & Paykel Evora Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear
Additional Comments: on CPAP since 2007, Bipap since July 2013

User avatar
chunkyfrog
Posts: 34544
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Location: Nowhere special--this year in particular.

Re: Very scared because I don't know what is going on

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:31 pm

Hmm, so the climateline acts as a dongle of sorts--instead of generating a display message: "replace climateline hose". . . Lovely!

_________________
Mask: AirFit™ P10 For Her Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
Additional Comments: Airsense 10 Autoset for Her

sleepy1235
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:15 am

Re: Very scared because I don't know what is going on

Post by sleepy1235 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:49 pm

Mrs. bongo1 I think your post is very valuable.

It encourages apnea suffers to not accept excuses.

_________________
Humidifier

fmj13
Posts: 202
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:42 pm

Re: Very scared because I don't know what is going on

Post by fmj13 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:12 am

chunkyfrog wrote:Hmm, so the climateline acts as a dongle of sorts--instead of generating a display message: "replace climateline hose". . . Lovely!
I'm not sure that is the issue - I am still having problems with the flow. Not every night, but it is still troubling.

_________________
Machine: AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
Mask: Fisher & Paykel Evora Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear
Additional Comments: on CPAP since 2007, Bipap since July 2013

fmj13
Posts: 202
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:42 pm

Re: Very scared because I don't know what is going on

Post by fmj13 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:45 pm

Well, the problem seems to have resolved itself. I am not sure why. I was planning to see my PAP nurse on Wednesday, but now I am not sure I need to. I got my climateline on Thursday and am extremely happy with it, but the machine seems to have become okay before that. Prior to January 27th, December 25th was the last day where the time I thought it was on equaled the time it actually flowed (keeping in mind that sleepyhead and Resscan both had a gap from December 27th - January 5th where it doesn't show the flow at all). My latest usage #s are at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/109690148@N08/12274741956/

Any advice? I don't even know if the nurse can help or not in terms of figuring out what went wrong. I believe I will need to cancel tomorrow or not at all.

_________________
Machine: AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
Mask: Fisher & Paykel Evora Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear
Additional Comments: on CPAP since 2007, Bipap since July 2013