Anyone here familiar with why this happens? My sleep video of my PLMD has been on YouTube for ages with no problem. This whole time, if I searched in YouTube with only the search term PLMD my video would be about third on the first page of videos. I check now and then in case someone leaves a comment I need to reply to, since the email attached to that channel for notifications is no longer valid. So tonight when I searched I scrolled all the way to the second page and my channel is listed but no mention of the video unless one goes into the channel. I tried to search again, this time with "PLMD Periodic Limb Movement Disorder". Same result. Does anybody have any ideas why something like this happens? I would like for people looking for information on the topic to be able to see the video, but it seems something has changed.
I do know my family member's music vids turn up missing in the searches often, but it's directly related to something called a DMCA claim, which is a claim of copyright violation. Never mind that hundreds of young artists can cover a song and their videos never get touched, my family member's get snatched over and over again. My video does have a song playing in the background, but it's never been a problem before, it's properly credited, and the legal owners are collecting ad revenue. Can't imagine why they'd contest it when I'm not making money off it and they are, and there's no DMCA claim against it. Oh well, if I know YouTube, everything will change by morning and this will be a moot point.
OT: My YouTube sleep video missing from searches
OT: My YouTube sleep video missing from searches
_________________
| Mask: TAP PAP Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Improved Stability Mouthpiece |
| Humidifier: S9™ Series H5i™ Heated Humidifier with Climate Control |
| Additional Comments: Bleep/DreamPort for full nights, Tap Pap for shorter sessions |
My SleepDancing Video link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE7WA_5c73c
Re: OT: My YouTube sleep video missing from searches
I have no idea why that happens KTeague but that must be very frustrating, especially when I am sure you put in a lot of effort to make this video due to your understandable passion about the issue.kteague wrote:Anyone here familiar with why this happens? My sleep video of my PLMD has been on YouTube for ages with no problem. This whole time, if I searched in YouTube with only the search term PLMD my video would be about third on the first page of videos. I check now and then in case someone leaves a comment I need to reply to, since the email attached to that channel for notifications is no longer valid. So tonight when I searched I scrolled all the way to the second page and my channel is listed but no mention of the video unless one goes into the channel. I tried to search again, this time with "PLMD Periodic Limb Movement Disorder". Same result. Does anybody have any ideas why something like this happens? I would like for people looking for information on the topic to be able to see the video, but it seems something has changed.
I do know my family member's music vids turn up missing in the searches often, but it's directly related to something called a DMCA claim, which is a claim of copyright violation. Never mind that hundreds of young artists can cover a song and their videos never get touched, my family member's get snatched over and over again. My video does have a song playing in the background, but it's never been a problem before, it's properly credited, and the legal owners are collecting ad revenue. Can't imagine why they'd contest it when I'm not making money off it and they are, and there's no DMCA claim against it. Oh well, if I know YouTube, everything will change by morning and this will be a moot point.
49er
_________________
| Mask: SleepWeaver Elan™ Soft Cloth Nasal CPAP Mask - Starter Kit |
| Humidifier: S9™ Series H5i™ Heated Humidifier with Climate Control |
| Additional Comments: Use SleepyHead |
- woodworkerjunkie
- Posts: 230
- Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:49 pm
- Location: Tn.
Re: OT: My YouTube sleep video missing from searches
I know a lot of people are upset with google screwing around with things on Youtube, it could be something dealing with that! Something about the google+ being integrated with it now and having to approve each comment or something like that! You might have to read up on the new terms and conditions since google got involved.kteague wrote:Anyone here familiar with why this happens? My sleep video of my PLMD has been on YouTube for ages with no problem. This whole time, if I searched in YouTube with only the search term PLMD my video would be about third on the first page of videos. I check now and then in case someone leaves a comment I need to reply to, since the email attached to that channel for notifications is no longer valid. So tonight when I searched I scrolled all the way to the second page and my channel is listed but no mention of the video unless one goes into the channel. I tried to search again, this time with "PLMD Periodic Limb Movement Disorder". Same result. Does anybody have any ideas why something like this happens? I would like for people looking for information on the topic to be able to see the video, but it seems something has changed.
I do know my family member's music vids turn up missing in the searches often, but it's directly related to something called a DMCA claim, which is a claim of copyright violation. Never mind that hundreds of young artists can cover a song and their videos never get touched, my family member's get snatched over and over again. My video does have a song playing in the background, but it's never been a problem before, it's properly credited, and the legal owners are collecting ad revenue. Can't imagine why they'd contest it when I'm not making money off it and they are, and there's no DMCA claim against it. Oh well, if I know YouTube, everything will change by morning and this will be a moot point.
_________________
| Mask: AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear |
| Additional Comments: SleepyHead for linux |
Wish I had the energy!Re: OT: My YouTube sleep video missing from searches
Never mind. It's back in the searches again.
_________________
| Mask: TAP PAP Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Improved Stability Mouthpiece |
| Humidifier: S9™ Series H5i™ Heated Humidifier with Climate Control |
| Additional Comments: Bleep/DreamPort for full nights, Tap Pap for shorter sessions |
My SleepDancing Video link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE7WA_5c73c

