I have read several posts that state the APAPs is set to certain ranges per a DME order. I have no first hand knowledge. I do trust that you are making a correct statement though.Anonymous wrote: No. That is incorrect. APAPs do not have to have defined settings just like CPAPs. They can run the full range from 4-20cms/ just the way they come from the factory.
I'm just repeating what I was told by BillMyInsurance.com this morning. I think you are correct though.Anonymous wrote: No. That is incorrect. A prescription is required.
Good links and probably on the mark. I will probably print some of them and ask my doctor and girlfriend about them. But I can see some poor family doctor on the witness stand saying…”Well I saw it on a web site”…..Why is the author of the first report not on the first page BTW?Anonymous wrote: Snooter, did you click on the links given to you in the post just after your first one?
If these studies are true, why has the insurance companies picked up on it? They could just tell the doctors to send their suspected patients home with a APAP and tell them to return the flashcard after a month of using it and get all the information they need. This could save the insurance companies big money.
Your family doc most likely sent you to a specialist, and the specialist made the recommendation. You insurance company probably requires that you see the specialist.
BTW may AHI is high, 55/Hr, duration is probably moderate 14s-mean and O2SAT OK never went below 94%. I don’t think I would have gotten all that info + Sleep stages from a APAP. I may be wrong though
My initial point is the family doc did his/her job in sending Caroline to a specialist. It is not the family doctors fault the patient took 5 years then decided to start treatment. How many of you have had a CPAP/APAP prescription giving by your family doctor without a sleep study? Family doctors rely on specialist for somethings.
Snooter




