Hi Ya'll,
I asked my doc for a prescription for an upgrade on my CPAP and got a script for a Respironics REMstar Auto with C-Flex (M Series). Now I need to process this through my DME (I have an HMO).
I talked to his medical assistant about my desire to get more proactive about my treatment and she told me that they had just had an in-service on this particular machine and let the staff feel the difference between straight cpap and cpap with c-flex. They were immediately "converted" once they had the experience of breathing against the wind tunnel!!
Also, they found out that the sleep center uses c-flex. They didn't know this so she told me the doc is now ordering this for all his patients.
Looks like I will now need to get my new machine and learn how to use it.
I will need lots of help. Just thought I would share this with you all. Thanks for all your continued support on my journey through the valley of my sleep quest.
I got a new prescription !! Yahoo!!
-
Guest
-
Guest
Don't want to put a damper on your excitement but I don't think the "M" series Auto is available yet. Also, i wouldn't want a machine without a heated humidifier and the "M" series humidifier hasn't shipped yet either. I don't know why Reperonics would release any new machine without the intergrated HH.