Good news from the sleep guy and bought machine

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Twentysix
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:18 pm
Location: Canberra

Good news from the sleep guy and bought machine

Post by Twentysix » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:15 pm

Just been back to the sleep guy and the readout said my AHI was lower than 1 every night (from >25 in NREM and 53 in REM) and absolutely no leaks in the last 2 weeks. That sounds good to me, so I purchased the exact same setup in the hope that that burst of energy is to follow somewhere during the coming months.
By the way, was a bit miffed they had not told me the humidifier is not part of the machine and needs to be purchased separately, because it is not really usable without (not for me anyway). Keep fingers crossed it will last years and years, and I will actually make it to a 100, as I've planned.

User avatar
elena88
Posts: 1650
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:25 pm
Location: california

Re: Good news from the sleep guy and bought machine

Post by elena88 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:27 pm

sounds like you are really going for it!

you have a great machine... and yes, darn it, that humidifier is extra, and the climate line hose, but get it for the winter, you will love it!

good news about your ahi, and hope you are feeling great with your new set up!

if you need the manual for the machine, or the software, just chime in here, and youll be helped..

_________________
Mask: Swift™ FX Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
Humidifier: S9™ Series H5i™ Heated Humidifier with Climate Control
Additional Comments: sleep study: slept 66 min in stage 2 AHI 43.3 had 86 spontaneous arousals I changed pressure from 11 to 4cm now no apap tummy sleeping solved apnea

Twentysix
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:18 pm
Location: Canberra

Re: Good news from the sleep guy and bought machine

Post by Twentysix » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:53 pm

Thanks Elena! I appreciate all the help so willingly given here.

User avatar
JohnBFisher
Posts: 3821
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:33 am

Re: Good news from the sleep guy and bought machine

Post by JohnBFisher » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:02 am

Twentysix wrote:... Just been back to the sleep guy and the readout said my AHI was lower than 1 every night (from >25 in NREM and 53 in REM) and absolutely no leaks in the last 2 weeks. ...
That's FANTASTIC news!
Twentysix wrote:... That sounds good to me, so I purchased the exact same setup in the hope that that burst of energy is to follow somewhere during the coming months. ...
Well, it often takes weeks if not months if you have been sleeping poorly for a long time. But it does come.
Twentysix wrote:... By the way, was a bit miffed they had not told me the humidifier is not part of the machine and needs to be purchased separately, because it is not really usable without (not for me anyway). ...
Yeouch! Painful when the tell you the tires are extra, isn't it? I doubt they "intend" to be deceptive. The good news is that I hear VERY good things about the S9 and its humidifer.
Twentysix wrote:... Keep fingers crossed it will last years and years, and I will actually make it to a 100, as I've planned.
I had one that lasted about 18 years! Most last at least five years. Many last 10 years without problems. And from what I've seen of user reports on the S9, it appears it should do a great job of lasting for you.

Now, may your dream of dreams become your norm! Best wishes as you proceed forward on this new Journey.

_________________
Mask: Quattro™ FX Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
Additional Comments: User of xPAP therapy for over 20 yrs. Resmed & Respironics ASV units with EEP=9cm-14cm H2O; PSmin=4cm H2O; PSmax=15cm H2O; Max=25cm H2O
"I get up. I walk. I fall down. Meanwhile, I keep dancing” from Rabbi Hillel
"I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams." from Zdzisław Beksiński