Chest Pains related to Sleep Apnea?
-
pain32
Chest Pains related to Sleep Apnea?
Does anyone else have chest pains and palpitations when waking up? Like you feel your heart racing really fast.
- Junebug999
- Posts: 231
- Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:02 pm
Re: Chest Pains related to Sleep Apnea?
OHHHH yeah -- the saturday night before I got my machine it happened to me and I was reaching for the phone to call 9-1-1. The palpitations were very strong. I knew it was related to my sleeping because I had awakened gasping. The palpitations were not steady, but pounding -- it was frightful. I actually did not sleep in bed for the next week and even developed a fear of going to sleep.
The good news is that I'm 2000% better already. Four weeks later I'm on the machine -- it is my best friend. I have no more chest pain and no dizziness -- and LOTS of sleep. Keep on keeping on. Tell your doc about the chest pain ASAP.
Best wishes
The good news is that I'm 2000% better already. Four weeks later I'm on the machine -- it is my best friend. I have no more chest pain and no dizziness -- and LOTS of sleep. Keep on keeping on. Tell your doc about the chest pain ASAP.
Best wishes
Re: Chest Pains related to Sleep Apnea?
I had some chest pain but it more muscular feeling....like my breathing muscles were working out for the first time in a long time! I used to have palpitations and dizziness a lot, but those have disappeared since I started cpap. Think of it this way: your body is now being oxygenated properly 24/7 after many years of only getting enough O2 for maybe 16 hrs. a day. All the cells in your body are going to react to this newly infused oxygen and things are going to change for the better.
I think what you are experiencing when awakening may be some adrenalin from dreaming during REM. If you haven't had REM or had very little, this increase in active dreaming may be causing an increase in hypopneas and awakening you with a start. This will calm down as you settle into your therapy.
Keep plugging along..... I am two months into it now....and it is getting better every night!
I think what you are experiencing when awakening may be some adrenalin from dreaming during REM. If you haven't had REM or had very little, this increase in active dreaming may be causing an increase in hypopneas and awakening you with a start. This will calm down as you settle into your therapy.
Keep plugging along..... I am two months into it now....and it is getting better every night!
Yes, that blue eyed beauty is my cat! He is a seal point, bi-color Ragdoll. I adopted him in '08 from folks who could no longer care for him. He is a joy and makes me smile each and every day.
Re: Chest Pains related to Sleep Apnea?
oh my I just answered this on your other asthma thread.. so Im just going to cut and paste it okay?
Are you being treated for sleep apnea presently?
I can tell you that I would wake up with my heart pounding, and my stomach pulsating (abdominal aorta) and have chest pains in
the morning..
often I would wake up with an irregular heartbeat, very irregular.. and by the time I made it to the doctor it all stopped..
this went on for fifteen years.. so of course the doctors cant treat the symptoms if there are none by the time you see them..
but they could look a little friggen further, couldnt they?
This year my husband mentioned to a cardiologist that i was raging insomniac..
this one comment is what lead to a sleep test, which lead to the reason I had all the heart issues..
SO...if you havent been tested for sleep apnea, you might mention it to your doctor..
bye the way, my issues are pretty much when I lay on my back.. so until you get in to see our doc, try sleeping on your stomach just in case
you have the same problem..
pain32
Reply with quoteTwitter this postReport this post Re: IS ASTHMA RELATED TO SLEEP APNEA?
by pain32 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:44 pm
I've noticed my heart pounding hard when I wake up and also a little chest pain sometimes. Is this serious? A lot of the doctors I go to seem to ignore my symptoms Top
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are you being treated for sleep apnea presently?
I can tell you that I would wake up with my heart pounding, and my stomach pulsating (abdominal aorta) and have chest pains in
the morning..
often I would wake up with an irregular heartbeat, very irregular.. and by the time I made it to the doctor it all stopped..
this went on for fifteen years.. so of course the doctors cant treat the symptoms if there are none by the time you see them..
but they could look a little friggen further, couldnt they?
This year my husband mentioned to a cardiologist that i was raging insomniac..
this one comment is what lead to a sleep test, which lead to the reason I had all the heart issues..
SO...if you havent been tested for sleep apnea, you might mention it to your doctor..
bye the way, my issues are pretty much when I lay on my back.. so until you get in to see our doc, try sleeping on your stomach just in case
you have the same problem..
_________________
| Mask: Swift™ FX Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear |
| Humidifier: S9™ Series H5i™ Heated Humidifier with Climate Control |
| Additional Comments: sleep study: slept 66 min in stage 2 AHI 43.3 had 86 spontaneous arousals I changed pressure from 11 to 4cm now no apap tummy sleeping solved apnea |
Re: Chest Pains related to Sleep Apnea?
A long day before severe chest pain and went to general physician. He was examining the report and said lymph node is an enlarged. Physician prescribed Generic for Covera-HS (Verapamil). It is used to treat chest pain (angina) and irregular heartbeats. This medicine helps in which relax blood vessels and thus normalize heartbeats. Now better to feel.


