Proof of Improved Mental Functioning

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
User avatar
Breathe Jimbo
Posts: 954
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:02 pm
Location: Pasadena, CA

Proof of Improved Mental Functioning

Post by Breathe Jimbo » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:42 pm

I'm 50 and started playing chess less than 4 years ago. My progress in club tournaments has been very slow. However, tonight, after less than two weeks of CPAP, I felt very alert and won against an "8-year-old Chinese robot" (probably older) who had always kicked my butt when we played previously. I have no doubt whatsoever that my increased alertness and analytical ability are due primarily to the CPAP.

_________________
Humidifier: S9™ Series H5i™ Heated Humidifier with Climate Control
Additional Comments: Since 9/9/10; 13 cm; ResScan 3.16; SleepyHead 0.9; PapCap

User avatar
LoQ
Posts: 1475
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:59 pm
Location: America

Re: Proof of Improved Mental Functioning

Post by LoQ » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:26 am

Breathe Jimbo wrote:I'm 50 and started playing chess less than 4 years ago. My progress in club tournaments has been very slow. However, tonight, after less than two weeks of CPAP, I felt very alert and won against an "8-year-old Chinese robot" (probably older) who had always kicked my butt when we played previously. I have no doubt whatsoever that my increased alertness and analytical ability are due primarily to the CPAP.

That's very encouraging. Since starting therapy, I have noticed some improvement in my abilities to comprehend and to concentrate, but no improvement, really, to my memory. Or my ability to spell.

User avatar
BlackSpinner
Posts: 9742
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:44 pm
Location: Edmonton Alberta
Contact:

Re: Proof of Improved Mental Functioning

Post by BlackSpinner » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:41 am

It was one of the things I noticed soon after I started too. I am a computer programmer and suddenly it was easier to figure out new and obscure documentation for things I was needing to do. Things that had been difficult suddenly became a breeze.

_________________
Machine: PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto CPAP Machine
Additional Comments: Quatro mask for colds & flus S8 elite for back up
71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal