What about leakage . . . does it depend on the type of mask as to what is an acceptable leakage score? I have a ComfortLite2 and use the Nasal Cushions. Am I likely to get lower leakage on Nasal Cushions compared with a Nasal Mask or FF Mask?
Last night's leakage was 39 on the LED, and had been running 29 before that. Perhaps it's because I tried the "over the nose" cushions the first half of the night.
Joy
So what should I be chasing after for Leakage??
So what should I be chasing after for Leakage??
_________________
| Machine: Airsense 10 Card to Cloud |
| Mask: Zest Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear |
| Additional Comments: CPAP Pr 14.0; EPR:3 Full; Heated Hose; 1" NexCare Low Trauma Tape; PurSleep Buckwheat Hull Pillow; Caldera Releaf Collar. |
Other Accessories & Software: Wellue O2 Ring; OSCAR; SleepHQ Pro.
Re: So what should I be chasing after for Leakage??
Your mask manual has a graph that will tell you what leak rate the machine will compensate for at your particular pressure. Anything over that (subtract that from your actual leak rate) is your leak rate. For your particular pressure, you want to be as close as possible to the leak rate on the graph in your mask manual. A point or 2 over is not a problem.
If you have software, your leak line in your report should be fairly straight. It should not have large peaks. If you have software you can also see if you have any Large Leaks. These, of course, are not good.
If you have software, your leak line in your report should be fairly straight. It should not have large peaks. If you have software you can also see if you have any Large Leaks. These, of course, are not good.
_________________
| Machine: DreamStation Auto CPAP Machine |
| Mask: AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear |
| Humidifier: DreamStation Heated Humidifier |
| Additional Comments: Backups- FX Nano masks. Backup machine- Airmini auto travel cpap |
Re: So what should I be chasing after for Leakage??
What is your pressure? It depends on both the mask and the pressure. I use the CL2, also, and for my pressures (10-14), the rates should be 28-35 -- should be slightly lower with the simple cushion. I use the direct seal, which is very close to the nasal pillows.JoyD. wrote:What about leakage . . . does it depend on the type of mask as to what is an acceptable leakage score? I have a ComfortLite2 and use the Nasal Cushions. Am I likely to get lower leakage on Nasal Cushions compared with a Nasal Mask or FF Mask?
Last night's leakage was 39 on the LED, and had been running 29 before that. Perhaps it's because I tried the "over the nose" cushions the first half of the night.
http://global.respironics.com/UserGuide ... tLite2.pdf
will give you the user guide and the leak rate chart for the various pressures,
_________________
| Machine: Aircurve 11 asv |
| Mask: TAP PAP Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Improved Stability Mouthpiece |
| Humidifier: S9™ Series H5i™ Heated Humidifier with Climate Control |
-- Kiralynx
Beastie, 2008 Beastie2, PRS1 960, 2014-05 Beastie3, Dream Station ASV, 2017-10-17. Resmed Aircurve 11, 2026-06 PadaCheek Hosecover. Homemade Brandy Keg Chin Support. TapPap Mask.
Min PS = 4, Max PS = 8
Epap Range = 6 - 8
Beastie, 2008 Beastie2, PRS1 960, 2014-05 Beastie3, Dream Station ASV, 2017-10-17. Resmed Aircurve 11, 2026-06 PadaCheek Hosecover. Homemade Brandy Keg Chin Support. TapPap Mask.
Min PS = 4, Max PS = 8
Epap Range = 6 - 8


