New DeVilbiss IntelliPAP Auto

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Bearded_One
Posts: 597
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:35 am
Location: Northern Virginia, near DC

Post by Bearded_One » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:01 pm

Mine is supposed to be delivered tomorrow.

It has some unique specs; auto altitude adjustment to 9,000 feet, it goes up to 25.5 mch2o, and the noise spec is very low. It weighs about twice as much as a Respironics M, but the size is sort of similar.


User avatar
Slinky
Posts: 11372
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:43 pm
Location: Mid-Michigan

Post by Slinky » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:01 pm

Hooray for DeVilBiss! That's a great looking xPAP/integrated humifier bundle! And NICE price and 3 year warranty as well.

They need to get some GOOD software developed and available to patients giving us all the info we've been able to get from our Resmeds, Respironics and Puritan Bennets. I doubt they are really going to push their market share up to rival Resmed's w/o some form of pressure relief so many patients clamor for.

The idea of just pulling the humidifier tank out like a drawer sounds great! I wouldn't mind seeing pictures of it w/a mask hose attached.


_________________
Mask: Quattro™ FX Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
Additional Comments: PR SystemOne BPAP Auto w/Bi-Flex & Humidifier - EncorePro 2.2 Software - Contec CMS-50D+ Oximeter - Respironics EverFlo Q Concentrator
Women are Angels. And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly.....on a broomstick. We are flexible like that.
My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

User avatar
johnnygoodman
Posts: 784
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:13 pm
Contact:

Post by johnnygoodman » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:18 am

Greetings,

The first review of the intellipap auto rolled in. Its very positive.

https://www.cpap.com/cpap-machine/devil ... chine.html

I think this is a great little unit. A full 4 Db lower than most auto competitors, a small foot print and a beefy HH chamber. It is refreshing to see CPAP users taken into consideration.

However, my advice would be to wait until a few more ratings come through and a solid consensus is established. Its no fun to sell to customers in a rush only to have them call in disappointed when the 5 of 5 stars didn't cover their very favorite feature. I believe this is going to be a long term favorite online auto, and CPAP.com would love to sell you a machine, but if it were me on the buying side, I would let the early adopters have their full say first.

To follow on a few loose ends on this and a few other threads:

There is no easy breathing on this auto, nor is any planned in the short or mid term. Patents have this locked up tight.

I've not heard of a battery option, but neither have I read the whole manual. The next time I get a chance I'll ask about this and report back.

Johnny


User avatar
dieselgal
Posts: 976
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:08 pm

Post by dieselgal » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:04 am

I have to say I really like the appearance of the machine. Something about the white makes it appear so clean. I think that is one thing I like about my S8 Elite.


_________________
Mask
I'm not anti-social; I'm just not user friendly

neverbetter
Posts: 712
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:44 pm
Location: NY, Miami, London

Post by neverbetter » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:55 am

Looks like this little beauty has a good amount of water capacity for my Hybrid.
These hybrid type masks seem to be the way of the future and they take more water than a conventional mask, so it's nice they have a good size container to sit on. Looks like it from the photos, anyway.

Guest

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:17 pm

Snoredog, if DeVilbiss had a fantastic mask to sell with this machine, they could do some damage to Resmed. All alone without a good mask will make it harder to move. DeViliss has never shown brightly in the mask arena, but this does signal the beginning of a turnaround for them in sleep. It will be interesting to see if they can emerge as a serious player.


ozij
Posts: 10544
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:52 pm

Post by ozij » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:17 pm

The manual is suspiciously silent about reporting breathing events to the LCD.

What it does say is this:
Two kinds of messages are displayed: Reminders and Notifications.
Reminders
<snip> If you see a message on the display that is not listed below, you may have the optional DeVilbiss SmartLink™ Module attached to your device, which provides additional messages. Refer to the documentation that was provided with the SmartLink Module.
<snip>
Notifications identify conditions in your IntelliPAP that may require action by you or your home care provider in order to maintain a high level of therapy. If you see a message on the display that is not listed below, you may have the optional DeVilbiss SmartLink Module attached to your device, which provides additional messages. Refer to the documentation that was provided with the SmartLink Module.

<snip>

Smartlink Module?

The only thing with a similar name on the their site is something called Smart Track Modem, item number
SMLINK-300.

Image

And that, my friends does the following:
The Smart Track Modem, connected to a DeVilbiss® PAP unit in a patient's home, automatically dials into the DeVilbiss® server each evening. The DeVilbiss® eCompliance Server analyzes the data and notifies you of any patients with low PAP usage. Patients confidentiality and security are guaranteed with a password and login-protected system that puts you in control of your patients' information.

Note the connector that will fit into the data port.

I take back what I said about loving the company. Can you imagine big brother setting up a compliance server for patients data? Dialing into your cpap everyday and getting control of your information?

O.

_________________

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): CPAP


_________________
Mask: AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
Additional Comments: Machine: Resmed AirSense10 for Her with Climateline heated hose ; alternating masks.
Last edited by ozij on Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And now here is my secret, a very simple secret; it is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

old gueast

Post by old gueast » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:20 pm

I believe Devilbiss has the only machines where the user can set the parameters. Won't the old software work with this? I'll be surprised if they come up with new more detailed software. I've been using my old AALT for 8 years...keeps on going!

ozij
Posts: 10544
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:52 pm

Post by ozij » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:32 pm

old gueast wrote:I believe Devilbiss has the only machines where the user can set the parameters. Won't the old software work with this? I'll be surprised if they come up with new more detailed software. I've been using my old AALT for 8 years...keeps on going!

Which parameters?
O.

_________________
Mask: AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
Additional Comments: Machine: Resmed AirSense10 for Her with Climateline heated hose ; alternating masks.
And now here is my secret, a very simple secret; it is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

ozij
Posts: 10544
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:52 pm

sleepcomplance

Post by ozij » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:59 pm

http://www.sleepcompliance.com/html/home.htm

http://www.sleepcompliance.com/html/download.htm

http://www.sleepcompliance.com/html/demo.htm

http://www.sleepcompliance.com/html/flash.htm - wait patiently to hear how wonderful it is to monitor you through the internet.
"If potential patient non-comliance is detcted an email will be sent to your office".

And it saves money, cause the doc will call only non-compliant users. And saves home visits....


O.

_________________
Mask: AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
Additional Comments: Machine: Resmed AirSense10 for Her with Climateline heated hose ; alternating masks.
And now here is my secret, a very simple secret; it is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

old guest

parameters/ Ozis

Post by old guest » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:41 pm

Software allows changes to the flow reduction and its duration. Defaults are as per most cpaps: flow reduction Apnea to 10%, Hypopnea to 50%, each with a duration of 10 seconds. The reductions can be set between 30%-70% and the seconds of duration also changed.(For example to 8 seconds).

Also available, as per your links, are connections to enable a provider(??) to read your charts, should anyone want that.


ozij
Posts: 10544
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:52 pm

Post by ozij » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:56 pm

Whew!

O.

_________________
Mask: AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
Additional Comments: Machine: Resmed AirSense10 for Her with Climateline heated hose ; alternating masks.
And now here is my secret, a very simple secret; it is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

User avatar
Slinky
Posts: 11372
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:43 pm
Location: Mid-Michigan

Post by Slinky » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:58 pm

Thank you, Old Guest, anything more you can or care to tell us about this device and its reporting capabilities?

And, Ozij, THANK YOU for digging up the info you provided as well. I just really like the looks of this IntelliPAP and the integrated humidifier design.


_________________
Mask: Quattro™ FX Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
Additional Comments: PR SystemOne BPAP Auto w/Bi-Flex & Humidifier - EncorePro 2.2 Software - Contec CMS-50D+ Oximeter - Respironics EverFlo Q Concentrator
Women are Angels. And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly.....on a broomstick. We are flexible like that.
My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

WNJ
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:35 pm
Location: Southeast Ohio

Post by WNJ » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:56 pm

johnnygoodman wrote:. . .
To follow on a few loose ends on this and a few other threads:

There is no easy breathing on this auto, nor is any planned in the short or mid term. Patents have this locked up tight.

I've not heard of a battery option, but neither have I read the whole manual. . .
User’s manual says it runs on 12VDC (battery) using DC cord, P/N DV51D-619. I can't do without this capability.

See pages 16 and 18 of the Users Manual.

I can live without exhale relief. Besides, it seems to me that they could reverse engineer this functionality without violating any patent. Software geeks do it. But I’m not a lawyer/programmer.

At this point I’m keeping an eye out for the software to read the data from the machine. I don't want to do without that, and would like to make sure it works well before seriously considering taking the plunge.

Wayne


_________________
Mask: Ultra Mirage™ Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
Additional Comments: APAP w/CFlex @ 10 cm to 14 cm

Issac
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:53 pm

Post by Issac » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:31 pm

when a Hybrid wearer buys this and uses it, please report what you think..

_________________
Machine: PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto CPAP Machine
Additional Comments: Puresom Ruby Adjustable Chinstrap, upgrading all in July