Nasal Pillow Comparison

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
JackieLee
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2026 12:34 pm

Nasal Pillow Comparison

Post by JackieLee » Thu Sep 24, 2026 8:48 am

Hey all! Just looking at the nasal pillows on the F&P Nova Micro Nasal Mask, they seem to be designed 'differently' than the nasal pillows on the ResMed Masks? Is this just a 'senior moment' illusion I am having?!?!?

User avatar
Pugsy
Posts: 65411
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 9:31 am
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: Nasal Pillow Comparison

Post by Pugsy » Thu Sep 24, 2026 11:01 am

JackieLee wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 24, 2026 8:48 am
Hey all! Just looking at the nasal pillows on the F&P Nova Micro Nasal Mask, they seem to be designed 'differently' than the nasal pillows on the ResMed Masks? Is this just a 'senior moment' illusion I am having?!?!?
I have used the Nova Micro recently and the ResMed P10 in the past so I can speak from personal experience. They all are slightly different in design and sizing.
With the P10 I used a small...with the Nova Micro I used a medium. The F & P Nova Micro runs a little small in general. I am unsure if a person using a P10 large would be happy with the size of the Nova Micro large. Just my personal thoughts on that issue. Every other nasal pillow mask out there I usually can use either the XSmall or Small but with the Nova Micro it seems the Medium fits my nostrils the best.

Below is a little snapshot of the nasal pillow masks that I have in my possession.
Left to right....ResMed P10, F & P Silo, F & P Nova Micro, Bleep Eclipse

Image

_________________
Machine: AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
Additional Comments: Mask Bleep Eclipse https://bleepsleep.com/the-eclipse/
I may have to RISE but I refuse to SHINE.

JackieLee
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2026 12:34 pm

Re: Nasal Pillow Comparison

Post by JackieLee » Thu Sep 24, 2026 12:39 pm

Pugsy wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 24, 2026 11:01 am
JackieLee wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 24, 2026 8:48 am
Hey all! Just looking at the nasal pillows on the F&P Nova Micro Nasal Mask, they seem to be designed 'differently' than the nasal pillows on the ResMed Masks? Is this just a 'senior moment' illusion I am having?!?!?
I have used the Nova Micro recently and the ResMed P10 in the past so I can speak from personal experience. They all are slightly different in design and sizing.
With the P10 I used a small...with the Nova Micro I used a medium. The F & P Nova Micro runs a little small in general. I am unsure if a person using a P10 large would be happy with the size of the Nova Micro large. Just my personal thoughts on that issue. Every other nasal pillow mask out there I usually can use either the XSmall or Small but with the Nova Micro it seems the Medium fits my nostrils the best.

Below is a little snapshot of the nasal pillow masks that I have in my possession.
Left to right....ResMed P10, F & P Silo, F & P Nova Micro, Bleep Eclipse

Image
Great post and pictures Pugsy! If it weren't for Shop and Affirm allowing me to do monthly payments for 6 months, CPAP would 'break' me since I've already used my second mask within 30 days and now there's no insurance coverage until November! :x

Indeed the F&P Pillow designs are much different than the Resmed. They 'look' to be more comfortable? What is your opinion?

JackieLee
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2026 12:34 pm

Re: Nasal Pillow Comparison

Post by JackieLee » Thu Sep 24, 2026 12:41 pm

Also, I see you have masks with the hose from the mask and at least one from the top. Do you like one over the other?

User avatar
Pugsy
Posts: 65411
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 9:31 am
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: Nasal Pillow Comparison

Post by Pugsy » Thu Sep 24, 2026 1:38 pm

JackieLee wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 24, 2026 12:41 pm
Also, I see you have masks with the hose from the mask and at least one from the top. Do you like one over the other?
None of those masks or any that I might use now or in the past have the hose at the top of my head. Tried a couple...simply not my cup of tea especially since I have several others that suit my own needs better. I prefer the hose at my nose and not at the top of my head.

_________________
Machine: AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
Additional Comments: Mask Bleep Eclipse https://bleepsleep.com/the-eclipse/
I may have to RISE but I refuse to SHINE.

User avatar
Pugsy
Posts: 65411
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 9:31 am
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: Nasal Pillow Comparison

Post by Pugsy » Thu Sep 24, 2026 2:13 pm

JackieLee wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 24, 2026 12:39 pm
since I've already used my second mask within 30 days and now there's no insurance coverage until November! :x

Indeed the F&P Pillow designs are much different than the Resmed. They 'look' to be more comfortable? What is your opinion?
Quite honestly my opinion is irrelevant....the only person whose opinion really matters is yourself. Just because I like something doesn't mean the next person does or will. Hell, some of my best friends here use a mask that I just plain downright hate but they love it and their opinion is what matters for them.

You are going to have to try something and form your own opinion...simple as that.

But I do understand that these experiments are expensive and your equipment supplier is lying to you (they all do) about 1 swap in 30 days and then you are on your own until insurance will kick in again. The real truth about these masks....the mask manufacturer will allow you to try as many masks as you can try and they give you 30 days with EACH different trial. They will reimburse the DME/equipment supplier if you need a 2 swap or 3rd or even 4th swap for any mask they give you that insurance won't pay for. The supplier won't lose anything by letting you try more masks and insurance won't pay yet.....but they do have to do a bit of paperwork and the liars are just plain lazy.
Each supplier is allowed to set their own policy though...so they choose to lie and be unhelpful. Too bad you aren't near the supplier near to me....they let you try for 60 days and swap out for as many masks as you can within that 60 days.

Here is my own mask preference list

1....the Eclispse...this is my preferred mask.
2....The F & P Nova Micro
3....The ResMed P10 (it was number 2 for years until I tried the Nova Micro :lol: :lol: so it got demoted.

I can use several of the others but there is simply no need. I have used several nasal pillow masks over my 16 plus years on cpap. If they look interesting to me and I can get my hands on one then I try it. ResMed has a new mask out the X30i
https://www.cpap.com/products/resmed-ai ... 6a74&_ss=c
but the cost is prohibitive for me.....it looks interesting but I don't use an equipment supplier/DME anymore because they lied to me a while back and I simply won't go back to them so can't really use my insurance allowance unless I find someone online to supply it and just don't have enough energy right now to do all that extra work to get insurance to pay and besides the insurance I have right now has a $300 deductible on masks. Money is extremely tight right now due to hubby's health this past year.

I don't like any mask touching the nose up anywhere near my nasal bridge area so that's why I don't use either nasal cushion or full face masks.

Anyhow...I do have some masks that people have donated that I could donate to you if you can reimburse postage.
I don't remember all that I have but I might have something that is interesting to you and gently used doesn't freak you out. It's how I obtained pretty much all my experimental masks when I first started therapy....people either sold (at a substantial discount) or just gave away their failed mask experiments.
If could tell me which masks you have tried and what you did like about them as well as what you disliked...
Along with what masks you would like to try...I can see if I have something that might work for you and snail mail it to you.
If used creeps you out...then you have to purchase brand new.

Now did you know that our forum hosts cpap.com sells cpap stuff and for masks I think they have either 30 days (or 60 I forget which) for you to try a mask purchased from them (will require a RX on file for complete mask packages) and if you hate it they will either refund the purchase or give you store credit for a different mask to try? Will require at least the first purchase though and they don't file with insurance.

_________________
Machine: AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
Additional Comments: Mask Bleep Eclipse https://bleepsleep.com/the-eclipse/
I may have to RISE but I refuse to SHINE.

User avatar
Pugsy
Posts: 65411
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 9:31 am
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: Nasal Pillow Comparison

Post by Pugsy » Thu Sep 24, 2026 2:20 pm

BTW I lost count at the number of masks that I have tried over the years...well over 50 though.
I always said that I learned something with every mask....sometimes all I learned was what a bad mistake that experiment was but sometimes I got surprised and found a very decent mask. The F & P Nova Micro was a very pleasant suprise.
I found that with each experiment I learned more about my own personal preferences, wants and needs that helped with further experiment choices....
like I want minimal headgear if not no headgear (the Eclipse doesn't have headgear) and I don't want anything touching the bridge of my nose and I learned that I don't even want to try anymore full face masks for the times I might have a stopped up nose.
In over 16 years I haven't had a time where I couldn't get my nose unstopped if I had a cold. :lol:
FFM are a waste of my time and money. Now if someone donates one and it looks interesting and in my size I might try it but I won't spend my own money on that sort of experiment.

_________________
Machine: AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
Additional Comments: Mask Bleep Eclipse https://bleepsleep.com/the-eclipse/
I may have to RISE but I refuse to SHINE.

User avatar
babydinosnoreless
Posts: 2374
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:53 pm

Re: Nasal Pillow Comparison

Post by babydinosnoreless » Thu Sep 24, 2026 2:53 pm

I'm with Pugsy about the hose from the nose. I hate the top of head ones. Simply because they pull my hair and give me a headache. YMMV.

JackieLee
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2026 12:34 pm

Re: Nasal Pillow Comparison

Post by JackieLee » Fri Sep 25, 2026 12:51 pm

I just ordered the F&P Nova Micro and praying that it works for me as far as comfort (sleeping), leaks under control, and wearing it all night!

Yes, with the N30i I have had sleep, I have, without the clogged nostril side sleeping issue, slept with the mask on until time to rise, but my leak issue is still too high! :x

User avatar
BlueDragon
Posts: 567
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 10:20 am
Location: Sonoran Desert

Re: Nasal Pillow Comparison

Post by BlueDragon » Fri Sep 25, 2026 8:01 pm

I am a long-time user of the F&P Brevida. I recently tried the Nova Micro because I've never been completely satisfied with the Brevida headgear and the cushions on the two look very similar. Unfortunately, the Nova Micro hurts my nose while the Brevida is completely comfortable, so I'm sticking with the Brevida. Good fit is a very personal thing.

_________________
Machine: AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
Mask: Brevida™ Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
Additional Comments: Dx Mar 2018 (AHI=24, RDI=54; AHI=73 supine). Started APAP June 2018, VAuto Aug 2020.
See OSCAR for the latest release.
OSCAR Lead Developer
ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto, F&P Brevida.
FlashAir SD and FlashPap for data transfer.