Afrin nasal spray

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Midwest_non_sleeper

Re: Afrin nasal spray

Post by Midwest_non_sleeper » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:33 am

palerider wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:48 pm
Enigmas wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:41 pm
Thank your Very much for your detailed & informative reply.. I'm throwing it out now. I did use it yesterday prior to some yardwork, I was breathing easy as could be.
Today I'm so clogged up, I feel like I have plugs in my nose. Guess I have to ride this congestion out then..
One day's use *will not* cause the rebound effect..
Enigmas wrote:
A friend said it burnt out the middle of her nose. I looked up her nose, sure enough, it had a hole opening side to side.
Afrin doesn't do that... coke will
I'm gonna jump in with my...considerable experience in dealing with people that have, uhh, partook in the use of illicit powdery materials up in their frontal olfactory lobes.

PR is correct here.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:20 am

Midwest_non_sleeper wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:33 am
palerider wrote:
Enigmas wrote:
Thank your Very much for your detailed & informative reply.. I'm throwing it out now. I did use it yesterday prior to some yardwork, I was breathing easy as could be.
Today I'm so clogged up, I feel like I have plugs in my nose. Guess I have to ride this congestion out then..
Enigmas wrote:
A friend said it burnt out the middle of her nose. I looked up her nose, sure enough, it had a hole opening side to side.
I'm gonna jump in with my...considerable experience in dealing with people that have, uhh, partook in the use of illicit powdery materials up in their frontal olfactory lobes.

PR is correct here.
Just in case the popo is wondering, I don't have any first hand experience with the aforementioned topic, (I'm weird enough WITHOUT chemical enhancement), but I *DO* read a lot...

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

zonker

Post by zonker » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:10 pm

palerider wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:20 am
palerider wrote:
Enigmas wrote:
Enigmas wrote:

PR is correct here.
Just in case the popo is wondering, I don't have any first hand experience with the aforementioned topic, (I'm weird enough WITHOUT chemical enhancement), but I *DO* read a lot...
HONEST, officer! NONE of us were driving; we were all in the backseat singing!
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:04 pm

zonker wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:10 pm
Now THAT might get me hauled in on 'public menace charges. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Enigmas

Post by Enigmas » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:21 pm

Never know, I'm just an avid reader, honest. & these days I go to the mailbox to get my senior citizen aarp stuff outta my box. Being young is just a memory anymore.

Midwest_non_sleeper

Post by Midwest_non_sleeper » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:01 am

palerider wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:04 pm
zonker wrote:
Now THAT might get me hauled in on 'public menace charges. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sounds like a maintaining a common nuisance charge to me. :lol:

Midwest_non_sleeper

Post by Midwest_non_sleeper » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:03 am

palerider wrote:
palerider wrote:
Enigmas wrote:
Enigmas wrote:

PR is correct here.
I can assure you, the popo doesn't really care what a guy who lives in another State and still uses FreeBSD does. :P

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:03 am

Diotima wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:19 pm
Sinex Ultra-fine mist is pretty good on a particularly bad night... key is to not use it to often or for days/nights on end. Once every few days is fine I think.
That's the same as Afrin - Oxymetazoline Hcl 0.05%.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:11 am

Oxymetazoline Hcl 0.05% (Afrin and others) is a great product when used with caution. If you have temporary congestion, using it three or four days in a row will not cause rebound congestion when it is discontinued.

For longer-term use, Flonase (And Beconase, Nasonex, Omnaris, Veramyst, and similar medicines containing corticosteroids) is good.

It's a good idea for sleep apnea patients to have a consultation with an ENT.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:56 pm

Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:03 am
palerider wrote:
I can assure you, the popo doesn't really care what a guy who lives in another State and still uses FreeBSD does. :P
Sometimes it's good to be inconsequential :D :roll: :roll: :roll:

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:57 pm

Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:01 am
palerider wrote:
zonker wrote:
I bow to your superior knowledge, especially since I was just making it up as I went. ;)

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:58 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:11 am
Oxymetazoline Hcl 0.05% (Afrin and others) is a great product when used with caution. If you have temporary congestion, using it three or four days in a row will not cause rebound congestion when it is discontinued.
If you only use it once a day (not twice, as directed), it gives your nose time to recover every day, and you won't get rebound even if you use it for weeks.

Enigmas

Post by Enigmas » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:23 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:11 am

For longer-term use, Flonase (And Beconase, Nasonex, Omnaris, Veramyst, and similar medicines containing corticosteroids) is good.

It's a good idea for sleep apnea patients to have a consultation with an ENT.
I like that advice best.. Thank You ChicagoGranny

Midwest_non_sleeper

Post by Midwest_non_sleeper » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:38 am

palerider wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:57 pm
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:01 am
palerider wrote:
zonker wrote:
I bow to your superior knowledge, especially since I was just making it up as I went. ;)
This may as well be horseshoes and hand grenades, you were close enough. :D

esel

Post by esel » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:24 am

bjhunt01 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:07 am
I have an allergy to something in Texas all year long. I will use Afrin 3 nights only. Then some Fluonase. Then an antihistamine at night. So I try to vary everything because you know everything is going to kill you or rot out your brain if you use it consistently :shock: :lol:
agreed. I eat chocolate every day and change from Cailler to Toblerone to Hershey to Frey ... :lol:

may be you are allergic to Texan :(

Only ME... - :) - Some days sooo slow, some days just running off track ...