SleepyHead Project Takeover Attempt by AB

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: SleepyHead Project Takeover Attempt by AB

Post by palerider » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:01 pm

zonker wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:22 pm
palerider wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:16 pm
Grace~~~ wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:32 pm
It's not the good stuff until someone brings out the straight jacket. 8)
In all fairness, zonker's already half way there. ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
200.gif
How about "got a good head start" ....

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

babybear

Post by babybear » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:35 pm

I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for developing Sleepyhead. You spent a huge amount of you're valuable time to help others with a problem that has a big impact on their lives. I want you to know that Sleepyhead has made a significant difference in my cpap therapy for the better thanks to almost a year of learning what works for me through Sleepyhead, I have a very low AHI now and feel great!. I did not get the information I needed to make that happen with Dreamapper or my doctor, I got it from your gift of caring about others and that's all I need to know about your character and where your heart is. Please don't ever be discouraged as everyone has a right to their opinion but I am sure there are alot of people like me who are very grateful to you!!! :)

A KLERK

Post by A KLERK » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:56 pm

Grace~~~ wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:32 pm
... and I LOVE the sleepyhead sheep!
I've always hoped he is an April Aries?
(naissance)
Thank you for your very special thoughts! :D
You will not believe it, Grace, but the night before everything exploded, I had a nice long talk with Mark. He reminded me that SleepyHead almost had birthday and together we found that Bob (the sheep) was born on March 9, 2011. So next month SleepyHead will be 9 years old. :idea:
Will be, because Mark just this morning decided to put the software back on his server.
The storm is beginning to get less.
"Coincidence does not exist". Let's pray for him and his family!

Looking for MORE translators!

Grace~~~

Post by Grace~~~ » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:29 pm

Thank you, A Klerk, for that great little piece of TRIVIA. :)

I hope we can have a Bob Birthday Bash on Saturday, March 9th for Bob's ninth birthday! Sometimes CPAPTALK and Carolyn put little graphics up on the page for holidays. That would be so AWESOME to see BOB's birthday celebrated like that!

I have been, and will continue ... to pray for JediMark. I have walked on the bleeding edge of the razor myself and I "feel him" deeply.

I pray that the Lion will lie down with THE LAMB (our wonderful lamb Bob) and that this peace will heal us all ~~~
(and allow for more good works and more expressions of FREEDOM to exist in the world)

Powerful storms can be cleansing and I am in awe of Mark's baring of his soul as much as I am in awe of his technological skills. You both seem like wonderful men.

Thanks for Sleepyhead and all it has done for *me* and for the countless others who I've seen post here. And thanks to Pugsy and PR and the many MANY others who have helped translate Sleepyhead to those of us who came here seeking help.
Began XPAP May 2016. Autoset Pressure min. 8 / max 15. Ramp off. ERP set at 2. No humidity. Sleepyhead software installed and being looked at daily, though only beginning to understand the data.

A KLERK

Post by A KLERK » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:39 pm

:shock: Sorry! It will be the 8th birthday this year :oops:
Arie

Looking for MORE translators!

Grace~~~

Post by Grace~~~ » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:04 pm

LOL ~~~ you know a tiny piece of my brain was "knocking" when I rewrote that?

...but wasn't knocking loudly enough to get the mathematics through the "emotion" which was writing.

Of course 2019 minus 2011 is 8! :P

It happens.
We are complex humans ~~~
Began XPAP May 2016. Autoset Pressure min. 8 / max 15. Ramp off. ERP set at 2. No humidity. Sleepyhead software installed and being looked at daily, though only beginning to understand the data.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:58 pm

Attaboy, Bob!
Reject the dark side.
Accept the love of your subjects.

sleepy-programmer

Post by sleepy-programmer » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:24 pm

Sooooooo … … what's in the future for SleepyHead for people like me who want to help contribute code? Anyone know yet? This software is incredible and I'm grateful for it.

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:31 pm

Approximately the same as the Vegas odds on the imminent establishment of a unified International League of Cat Herders.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:57 pm

sleepy-programmer wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:24 pm
Sooooooo … … what's in the future for SleepyHead for people like me who want to help contribute code? Anyone know yet? This software is incredible and I'm grateful for it.
Some people are gathering secretly on the other forum but not with the blessing of JediMark. I hope to be able to release some of Mark's last SleepyHead 1.1 here.

Those on the other forum claim they have nothing to hide but they quickly hid their publicly visible code repository. For some unexplained reason, they are looking for people to reverse engineer some code. This does not sound like GPL software development. Why hide is there is nothing to hide? Why reverse engineer if you have the source code?

Too many things happening there do not make sense if you assume good intent.

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

sleepy-programmer

Post by sleepy-programmer » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:14 pm

prodigyplace wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:57 pm
sleepy-programmer wrote:
Some people are gathering secretly on the other forum but not with the blessing of JediMark. I hope to be able to release some of Mark's last SleepyHead 1.1 here.

Those on the other forum claim they have nothing to hide but they quickly hid their publicly visible code repository. For some unexplained reason, they are looking for people to reverse engineer some code. This does not sound like GPL software development. Why hide is there is nothing to hide? Why reverse engineer if you have the source code?

If what you say is true, wow. Hiding originally open source code is not okay. 8 years of open source development, part time or not, huge lapses in dev time or not, does not deserve that kind of treatment. The only usual reason to hide source code is to profit off of it. Not saying that's what will happen here but this is highly illogical to me. Software's much harder to debug without the source code, it's to everyone's benefit to keep it open source. It lets someone from the outside like me easily find their repo and create a pull request to contribute. If there are AB folks here that are part of this I hope they read this and reconsider.

bonjour

Post by bonjour » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:33 pm

You have no idea how much I hate this Bullshit Bruce.
We are preparing a Fork to place in the Public arena. T correctly do that certain modifications are required to occur. Mark has announced that the Sleepyhead project is "Shutdown" and has said that no one bet himself may use the Sleepyhead name and logo. The forum over there is no more hidden than Marks own Discord server, oh excuse me, he took that down which hides all the evidence other than excerpts that say what really happened. Mark said that everybody has the right to make a Fork, even AB. Well AB is not making a Fork. A group on Apnea Community members are.

There is no one in the Sleep Apnea Comunity that wants to "harm" Sleepyhead or Mark. Sleepyhead is a phenomenal product that has helped many thousands of people around the world. I applaud Mark for the tremendous effort he has put forth over the last eight years.
What happened to Trigger Marks latest posts?
It was Mark's, now former, second in command that approved of this being done. The team asked Mark's second in command "So for the foreseeable future, he will not be involved, and bug fixes, help files and translations for version 1.1.x will be up to us. I think that's a reasonable interpretation. Do you agree?" and his response was "Entirely!"

There was no attempt to takeover Sleepyhead by anyone, hostile or otherwise.
There was no Fork of the code, and to this day there is none.

There were attempts by Apnea Community volunteers, only attempts to help Mark as stated above, to apply bug fixes, help files and translations for version 1.1.x.

About a week ago Mark posted that 1.1.0 was "fatally flawed", the volunteers found that it was functional enough to provide users of the Philips BiPAP ASV and ST machines, and the Fischer Paykel Intellipap 2 enough functionality to be able to dial in their machine like the rest of the community utilizing Sleepyhead already is capable of. Now Mark lists this product as downloadable.

There is functionality for Philips BiPAP ASV and ST machine, and the Fischer Paykel Intellipap 2 that were previously added to Sleepyhead version 1.1.0. If your machine was one of these would you want this? Even if it wasn't perfect? Thought so. This was intended as an interim build pending Mark's completion of V2.0, nothing more. To put what we considered important functionality out there, and enable Mark to concentrate on V2.0. The goal was to strengthen and support the Apnea Community, and definitely not to take anything away from Mark.

Fred

sleepy-programmer

Post by sleepy-programmer » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:39 pm

Thank you for explaining and doing the work you-- and whoever else is involved-- are doing on this project. Seriously.

SuperSleeper

Post by SuperSleeper » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:59 pm

Folks, I will say this only one time.

Do not believe anything coming out of JediMark's mouth these days. He's got a serious problem and he really needs professional help, and I'm not kidding one bit.

In addition, do not believe anything coming out of prodigyplace's mouth (Bruce)

They are both posting a bunch of lies and false accusations. The truth is EXACTLY as palerider posted it, and just about EVERYONE that used to be in JediMark's "inner circle" knows that is the truth... well, all except for the relative newcomer, prodigyplace.

Newbies reading all this crap get no benefit by reading all the conflict, lies and false accusations leveled by JediMark and his "yes man" (prodigyplace).

Try doing something PRODUCTIVE with your life, guys. Those in the know are moving forward and leaving all this drama behind. We're sick and tired of it, and if you don't want to join those who are trying to make a positive difference in the lives of sleep apnea patients, then please don't berate those of us who are trying to do just that.

I commend both palerider and Pugsy for seeing through Mark's lies and tantrums. I was very impressed with their candor and willingness to be honest and frank about the destructive paranoid behavior we've seen in JediMark at various seasons over the years and his most recent implosion. I commend them both along with others here who only want to get past the "JediMark Circus of Drama" and move on to help more sleep apnea patients around the world.

Bonjour is correct - the new fork group that is now forming is NOT an Apnea Board project, nor is it a cpaptalk project. As he said, it's a open-source Sleep Apnea Community project and it will undoubtedly go forward to produce a working fork that will be compatible with future machines and I'd be willing to bet that it will be an amazing software package.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:33 pm

I don't know if the following message is just malicious lies, or purely ignorance, but... let's try sifting some TRUTH into it.
prodigyplace wrote:
sleepy-programmer wrote:
Some people are gathering secretly
"secret" in that *it's posted publicly and anybody that wants to join the working group need but ask.
prodigyplace wrote:
but not with the blessing of JediMark.
Also false, Mark *REPEATEDLY* said that a fork is perfectly fine and just... and that's what's happening, the code is being forked.
prodigyplace wrote:
I hope to be able to release some of Mark's last SleepyHead 1.1 here.
There are already links posted in the wiki to get the 'dead end' (as mark put it) version.
prodigyplace wrote:

You were invited in, you *publicly* said you declined to be a part.

There's nothing HIDDEN, any more than mark's discord server was "hidden" from the world.

Give up the lies, bud.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.