OT: Tragic Shooting.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jabman

OT: Tragic Shooting.

Post by jabman » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:53 am

Please pray for those that are affected today by the School Shooting in Newtown Connecticut.

Psalm 150: 6
Let everything that has breath praise the LORD.
Praise the LORD.

"If God does not exist, one will lose nothing by believing in him, while if he does exist, one will lose everything by not believing. " - Blaise Pascal.

SleepyToo2

Re: OT: Tragic Shooting.

Post by SleepyToo2 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:20 pm

News is somewhat sketchy ATM, but the person who takes a gun to innocent children who are much too young to understand is especially sick. As a parent of one child who is now well beyond kindergarten, I pray for all the children, and all the parents who must be worried out of their minds.

MrStein

Post by MrStein » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:16 pm

Words fail me.....God bless the victims and the families. So senseless.

"The future of yesterday is tomorrow's today"

ddk

Post by ddk » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:25 pm

What America needs to do is arm the children so that they can shoot back.

You know, because everyone having guns is such a great idea.

lazer

Post by lazer » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:40 pm

ddk wrote:What America needs to do is arm the children so that they can shoot back.

Sad comment. I could say a lot here but I'm not going to go there with the "politics" at this point. The poor souls haven't even been buried yet.

More proper comment:

cosmo

Post by cosmo » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:42 pm

lazer wrote:
Sad comment. I could say a lot here but I'm not going to go there with the "politics" at this point. The poor souls haven't even been buried yet.
I have an idea, let me sneak in some comments about abortion rights, illegal aliens, obamacare, gay marriage, gun control, etc every chance I get.

Denial Dave

Post by Denial Dave » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:52 pm

I am in CT and live 40 minutes away... this is absolutely unfathomable. THEY WERE CHILDREN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you don't know where you are going... any road will take you there.... George Harrison

KSMike

Post by KSMike » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:08 pm

ddk wrote:What America needs to do is arm the children so that they can shoot back.

It's funny how it's always those on the left who say "don't politicize it." Yet they are the first to do so.

Without even knowing many details yet, I can tell you at least a couple of the root causes of this. But I won't, because this isn't the time.
Mike
Kansas City

hopingitworks

Post by hopingitworks » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:38 pm

It is not the time to politicize what has occurred.

Grieve for the lost children and adults, the horror experienced by those that witnessed and survived the shooting, and the family members whose lives will be forever changed.

RIP

deltadave

Post by deltadave » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:53 pm

This is truly "the worst thing that can happen".

I wish there was a word that would give comfort.
...other than food...

Slartybartfast

Post by Slartybartfast » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:17 pm

Sitting here trying to funnel drug stability data into tables to include in a report nobody will read, but which must be written because, well, reports must be written. And I'm having a hard time concentrating while I'm imagining the pain those families must be going through. So senseless. Earlier, I had thought the perp might end up being a bearded angry young man taking revenge on the western world for some perceived slight to the sensibilities of his deity. But no. Just like the mall shooting the other day, it looks like just a garden variety nutcase, which, oddly enough, makes it seem worse, at least from my vantage point. If it had been someone on a vengeful religious crusade, at least that might have made some sense, in terms of understanding why the terrible deed was committed. But this . . . is just so vacant of any reason.

I fully expect this event, and the one on the university campus, and the one at the mall the other day, will be used as a pretext by our political overlords to enact more restrictive legislation. But Connecticut already is pretty restrictive on gun ownership. And the guns the perp used were apparently legally obtained and owned.

Guns have been around since long before the founding of this nation, and they have been, if anything, more available and less restricted than they are today. And until fairly recently, these kinds of tragedies have been almost unheard of. So what is it that has changed? What is causing nut jobs, in increasing numbers, to attack innocents?

Heavylids

Post by Heavylids » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:19 pm

KSMike wrote:

It's funny how it's always those on the left who say "don't politicize it." Yet they are the first to do so.

Without even knowing many details yet, I can tell you at least a couple of the root causes of this. But I won't, because this isn't the time.

Sure..let's focus on the root cause. It was the NUTJOB who did this. That's the root cause. I cant even wrap my head around someone killing those children and the evil at work in his sick head. Both "sides" will grand stand on guns..blah blah blah.It's going to happen on this and every other forum out there. Just remember that obesity kills more people. Lets get rid of the silverware first and worry about guns later.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:23 am

Face it, this world has it's crazies. It doesn't work, passing laws to stop them. banning guns, and other weapons, or in the case of business, posting signs "no legal guns allowed". Crooks and crazies can read, they see "free fire zone",

A real deterrent that works is a well armed population, that can respond quick and swift to a threat. In Israel, tearchers are armed and trained, you can't stop crazies all the time, but you could limit their success, and the non-crazy may decide it's not worth it just to get on t.v..

It's too bad things like this happen, the better responses we use, don't work. Security is never secure, can only make the damage less likely. Jim
Last edited by Goofproof on Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:47 am

Eddie Fasolino wrote:I have something to say, but first a technical question. In the early stages of reporting this news on the radio, it was said the perp first killed his father in Hoboken and then drove to Connecticut.

When I got home last night there was no mention on TV of the fratricide in Hoboken.

What's this all about?
There was confusion in the early minutes of reporting:
His brother, Ryan Lanza, 24, who was widely and erroneously reported to be the suspect, was questioned in Hoboken, N.J., but authorities said he was not involved. An FBI source tells Fox News that Ryan Lanza and the father, Peter Lanza, have both been cleared and are not longer being questioned.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/14/po ... z2F808awOa
"It's not the number of breaths we take, it's the number of moments that take our breath away."

Eddie Fasolino

Post by Eddie Fasolino » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:50 am

Thank you.

This comment below from the article seems incredible. Has it been confirmed?
Sources told Fox News the guns used in the shooting were owned by and legally registered to Nancy Lanza.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/14/po ... z2F80xPbe5
Eddie (The Sandman) Fasolino