What is your machine sitting on?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
snuggles

What is your machine sitting on?

Post by snuggles » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:02 pm

I don't have much in the way of furniture, I like it that way. Right now I am using a dining room chair for the machine and hang the mask on top. I would like something different for it but haven't seen anything I would like to buy. I am thinking about making a small stand for the machine and the cleaning items. What do you use?

greatunclebill

Re: What is your machine sitting on?

Post by greatunclebill » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:16 pm

we have a bedroom set with matching bedside cabinets, dresser and high-boy (tall dresser). the bedside cabinets are at either side of the bed and both of our apap's sit on them along with a lamp.

please don't ask me to try nasal. i'm a full face person.
the avatar is Rocco, my Lhasa Apso. Number one "Bama fan. 18 championships and counting.
Life member VFW Post 4328 Alabama
MSgt USAF (E-7) medic Retired 1968-1990

BoomersRock

Post by BoomersRock » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:45 pm

I love all my books etc next to my bed so I ended up with a collapsible 3-shelf metal book case next to the bed (Pier One purchase). I put the machine on a shelf below the level of the bed then fish the hose through the back and hang it over the headboard. Now that I have a heavier FFM, the headboard is not the best fix but will have to work for now.

ohwhatanight

Post by ohwhatanight » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:43 pm

I don't have room on my nightstand and it is higher than my bed so it wouldn't work anyway. I dug up an exercise step stool thing out of my closet and have been using it. It works perfectly and is also plastic so I don't have to worry about ruining wood if it gets wet somehow.

sleeplessinaz

Post by sleeplessinaz » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:00 pm

I have my machine lower than my head sitting on a small plastic step stool I bought at walmart--it is perfect size and works well!!!! You do want it lower than your bed pillows to prevent rain out. Hope this helps,

Carrie

APAP setting is 6 to 12
HH 2.5
Side Sleeper
HypoThyroidism & Diabetes
New Airsense autoset 12/08/14

robysue

Post by robysue » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:05 pm

When our kids were small we got them a toddler-sized wooden table and chair set. At some point it got moved to an attic crawl space. When the PAP moved into my life, I crawled around in that attic crawl space to recover that table. Works really fantastic: It's lower than the bed, but still very easy to reach and it's about 2x1.5 feet in area so there's lots of room.

cindjo717

Post by cindjo717 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:29 pm

I have mine under my bed on the floor. I really should get something to set it on, but I would need it to fit inside something, because I am afraid that something from my lamp table will fall on top of it. Small room, and not enough space. When I am not using my mask I drape it with the hose over my head board.

JeffL

Post by JeffL » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:42 pm

greatunclebill wrote:we have a bedroom set with matching bedside cabinets, dresser and high-boy (tall dresser). the bedside cabinets are at either side of the bed and both of our apap's sit on them along with a lamp.
Same here, but the only machine is on my side.

cowlypso

Post by cowlypso » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:46 pm

I think my bedside table is technically an end table. It's got 3 levels. I use the top as my nightstand, with my lamp, alarm clock, and tissues on it. I put my machine on the next shelf down, and hang my mask and chinstrap from the bedpost during the day. It's nice, because having it on a lower shelf hides it. If you were to walk into my room and glance around, you might not even notice it at first. Not that I have strangers walking into my room at all, but it's still nice to not have it right out in the open.

I have used the desk chair in hotel rooms before, when there wasn't enough space on the nightstand or the nightstand was on the wrong side of the bed.

I also used a rubbermaid tote when I chaperoned at camp. It made a good table at night, and I could put all the equipment away inside of it during the day.

Elle

Post by Elle » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:14 pm

I use this:

http://tinyurl.com/7alfzxr

My intention was to put the machine on the middle shelf and my lamp, ereader and phone on the top but I ended up with the machine on the top because it is more convenient.

JeffL

Post by JeffL » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:49 am

Here are a couple of ideas if you want something special:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o9QXARgPV8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBxq0lZKqVI

ems

Post by ems » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:11 am

My machine is on my night table which is about the same height as my bed. The hose goes down and sort of around the corner of the bed... I don't like it hanging above my head.
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

ozze_dollar

Post by ozze_dollar » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:26 am

I like my machine to be as low as possible. It just sits on an old chopping board on the floor beside my bed.Works very well with rainout and can hardly hear it.

MDALE

Post by MDALE » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:08 am

It is in the bottom drawer of my nightstand.

It started out on top of the nightstand, but I feared pulling it off. My nighttime movement would sometimes yank the hose enough to move it around.

I put it in the bottom drawer to help prevent rainout.

Gazhacks

Post by Gazhacks » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:06 am

There is companies that deal in cpap stands for the bedroom.

http://cpapstands.com/

This is the company that does them and just to wet your appetite heres a picture of one.

Hope this helps you