Encore Viewer Report

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Starlette

Encore Viewer Report

Post by Starlette » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:05 pm

I'm trying to get get a report from the week ending 01/28/2012. How do I do that?
Thought I was able to get reports from the past before.

Starlette

JCS57

Re: Encore Viewer Report

Post by JCS57 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:14 pm

I am in need of technical support. I bought the Encore Viewer software, version 2.0 along with a Mako Infineer DT 3500 card reader. I have a 64-bit operating system so I borrowed a laptop with a 32-bit operating system and was able to download the software and then copy it all to my 64-bit system. The software opens on my 64-bit system with no problem but does not recognize the card reader. The light on the card reader turns green when I insert the smart card but turns red after about 20 seconds. So, I return to the 32-bit system and am able to read the data from my smart card. Last night I downloaded the smart card data to the 32-bit system and transferred the information as pdf files. This morning I turn on the 32-bit system to view last nights data, the card reader light is red and Encore Viewer does not recognize the card reader. Any ideas?

Starlette

Post by Starlette » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:21 pm

I figured out my problem. Some reason it wasn't working the first time.

Starlette

Post by Starlette » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:27 pm

@JCS57 - I can't talk geek but here it goes:

EncoreViewer is not made for 64 bit computer. You need to install program on a 64 bit computer. Take a thumbdrive, and copy to thumbdrive and paste to 64 bit computer C:/Program Files (x86). Done deal.

Starlette

PS - I'm going to copy/paste this to your initial post so it will close my thread out

Last edited by Starlette on Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JCS57

Post by JCS57 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:39 pm

Thanks for the reply, but I already did that. Software works fine but card reader is now the problem.

angela06

Post by angela06 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:23 pm

Starlette:

I am getting a new computer that is 64 bit and I need to understand how to use EnCore Viewer on it.

When you say copy it to a thumbdrive and paste it back into the computer, do you mean downloading Encore Viewer to a USB drive, and then copying it back to the 64 bit computer, and then you will be able to open the card reader, view reports, and save results? If not, could you clarify the exact steps to using Encore on a 64 bit machine? Thank you

Starlette

Post by Starlette » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:45 pm

I think that is what I'm saying. Again, I'm not a computer savy like Hubbs who did it for me. Let me get some help to confirm/clarifiy.

Starlette

JCS57

Post by JCS57 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:54 pm

Follow the instructions from this post,

viewtopic/t51779/How-to-make-Encore-Vie ... stems.html

in order to get your 32-bit Encore Viewer onto your 64-bit system, it worked for me. My problem now is getting the 64-bit system to recognize the card reader.

Good luck!

angela06

Post by angela06 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:10 pm

JCS57:

My machine is the Remstar M series auto with apap and I am using version 1 of Encore Viewer. Are you saying that copying Encore Viewer to a 64 bit system only works if you have version 2 and a PR One machine? IF so, could I buy version 2 of Encore Viewer, and still use it with my machine, and make this work?

thank you

JCS57

Post by JCS57 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:30 pm

Angela,

I am very new to this and really only have knowledge of the system that I am working with. Here is a blurb from the website where I bought the software and card reader:

Version 2.0 software supports the new SD cards.

With the EncoreViewer Software 2.0 you can view the data collected by your Respironics CPAP, Auto CPAP or BiPAP such as usage and therapy details. This software is very similar to the clinician software that your doctor might use to monitor your compliance and fine tune your therapy settings.

EncoreViewer works with Respironics devices only:

All Respironics CPAP, Auto, and BiPAP with SmartCard or SD Card
All M Series systems with SmartCard
All System One machines with SD card (SD card reader not included)
BiPAP autoSV with SmartCard)
EncoreViewer does not work with:

REMstar Choice
REMstar LX
Non-Respironics machines

The Encore Viewer 2.0 software installs only on computers using a 32-bit operating system. I have Windows 7 64-bit. In order to get around that problem, I installed the Encore Viewer 2.0 software onto a second computer that uses a 32-bit operating systems and then copied the installed files onto a thumb drive to transfer to my 64-bit system. The software now runs fine, or at least it opens fine, but now I am trying to find a way to get the software to recognize the card reader. I don't know if any of this applies to version 1 of Encore Viewer or not. \

Hope this helps

Eureka

Post by Eureka » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:36 pm

I'm pullin for you to figure this out. I got the Viewer software to run on my 64 bit Windows 7, but could not get the card reader to work -- apparently just like you. I think the drivers for the card reader are built into the software, not in a separate file. Hope you can find a way to make it work -- and will post the solution for us to see. Right now I am using my wife's 32 bit Vista to read my data.

Snuff-L-Reddy

Post by Snuff-L-Reddy » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:42 pm

The DT3500 works great on my Win7-64bit. Did you guys download & install the 64-bit Drivers ?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:49 pm

Not sure why Encore Viewer doesn't see the DT3500 on Win 7 64 bit computer. I no longer have my DT3500 to test it with either Pro or Viewer on my Win 7 64 bit computer.

If someone hasn't updated the driver software for the Win 7 64 bit computers...here is the link
http://www.ais-magnetic.com/e/download_ ... p?id=23390
be sure and get the 64 bit version.
If you have already tried this...I don't know what the deal is.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

archangle

Post by archangle » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:30 am

If Pugsy's solution doesn't work, try plugging the card into another USB port on the same computer if possible. If that works, there's a fix to smartcard services or some such that might be the cure.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

Starlette

Post by Starlette » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:18 pm

Pugsy wrote:Not sure why Encore Viewer doesn't see the DT3500 on Win 7 64 bit computer. I no longer have my DT3500 to test it with either Pro or Viewer on my Win 7 64 bit computer.

If someone hasn't updated the driver software for the Win 7 64 bit computers...here is the link
http://www.ais-magnetic.com/e/download_ ... p?id=23390
be sure and get the 64 bit version.
If you have already tried this...I don't know what the deal is.
Pugsy, your post made me raise an eyebrow. I have EncoreViewer installed in my laptop. The only thing is it takes a looong time for it to get to its destination.
QUESTION 1: Would I then benefit from installing this driver? I've never updated the driver software for my Windows 7 64 bit computer.
QUESTION 2: What is a DT3500?

Starlette