Legal Issues

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
OHENRY

Legal Issues

Post by OHENRY » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:05 pm

Does any one know a good attorney that deals with Sleep Anea issues?

DocWeezy

Re: Legal Issues

Post by DocWeezy » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:29 pm

I doubt there is one who specifically does sleep issues...but you might try looking for an attorney who specializes in medical issues (usually medical malpractice).

Weezy

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:24 am

OHENRY wrote:Does any one know a good attorney that deals with Sleep Anea issues?
Who do you want to blame for your Sleep Apnea, the only people I can think of to blame is MoM & Dad for bad Genes, or self for not keeping healthy. Odd's are they are all out of money from raising you. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Big Daddy RRT,RPSGT

Post by Big Daddy RRT,RPSGT » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:01 pm

If I am to believe the media, Mcdonalds is to blame..They have brain washed me into eating too many fattening cheese burgers and fries causing me to gain weight and now I have sleep apnea. I think I have a case! Does anyone know a good attorney?

I am on a life quest for the perfect night's sleep...Keep trying...Good sleep can blow!

jeremiahchub

Post by jeremiahchub » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:06 pm

I'd say google that lady that sued them over spilling coffee in her lap... see who her attorney is.. btw i've already contacted him about the sleep apnea thing... gotta be faster LOL
Jeremiah from Indiana
Trucking my way to the next paycheck

jnk

Post by jnk » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:10 pm

OHENRY wrote:Does any one know a good attorney that deals with Sleep Anea issues?
Many of them deal with issues related to sleep apnea, but only some of them are being treated for it.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:11 pm

In what area? Job problems (ADA)? Medical issues? What?
Your question wasn't very descriptive.

Den

SleepingUgly

Post by SleepingUgly » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:19 pm

Whatever happened to the last guy that asked about legal issues? Did we ever hear from him again? (Can't remember the thread, and can't be bothered to search for it).
Never put your fate entirely in the hands of someone who cares less about it than you do. --Sleeping Ugly

Slartybartfast

Post by Slartybartfast » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:52 pm

Geez, tough crowd!

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:29 pm

Bottom Feeders: Lawyers & B&M DME's get equal respect. Also others that push the blame for life onto others, (The is isn't my fault, others are responsible) Life is messy, Clean up your own messes. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Big Daddy RRT,RPSGT

Post by Big Daddy RRT,RPSGT » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:23 am

My lawyer better be a hose head or I can't trust him!

I am on a life quest for the perfect night's sleep...Keep trying...Good sleep can blow!

OHENRY

Post by OHENRY » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:52 am

Hi, I'm new to this website but not to sleeping problems. My story will most likely knock your sox off. I've been using a CPAP machine for over seven years and have not had a formal sleep study. The test that I had was sleeping with a pulse detector on my finger. That is not a joke; that is the truth. The doctor that gave me the test and then a week later handed me a CPAP machine. He didn't explain how to use it, or give me any direction. He showed me how to turn it on and told me to put the full face mask on before I go to sleep (that is the truth). For the past seven years I've played with and adjusted the machine as best as I could. At one point I felt better my energy level got better, but now it seems I'm back being fatigue and having problems with sleep apnea. Now if that didn't knock your soxs off this might. I'm incarcerated, my wife is helping me to communicate and receive your replies. I need some help and advice (These details should help you all understand my two post on 1/18/11) thank you Wulfman....for helping to give more detail about my situation.

Cuda

Post by Cuda » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:17 pm

Be thankful you are locked up but still receive medical care and a CPAP machine. A lot of people suffering here work full time and have families and did everything right and do not have access to a doctor and if they did could not afford a machine. I would thank my lucky starts you live in a country where you can break the law causing tax payers money and get free medical care while those that pay for it cant afford it themselves.

Being locked up you also have access to free legal advice, something else none of us on the outside have.

Your story does not knock anyones socks off, its typical. Most of us are here because the doctors did not give us enough information and we have had to take matters into our own hands.

Have your wife help you by reading here to solve your issues looking at the numbers and researching.

Why should anyone here help talk you into using tax payer funded legal council to tie up more tax payers dollars to sue the tax payers because you are mad about the same medical care we got (except the tax payers paid for all yours).

Your pulse detector was most likely reading your O2 reading, a poor mans sleep study so to speak but it can identify the problem. Be thankful you are getting treatment and do some research here through your wife. The solution is not to cause taxpayers even more money than you already have.

AmyD

Post by AmyD » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:28 pm

The solution is not to cause taxpayers even more money than you already have.
Really? That will solve his sleep issues?

Cuda

Post by Cuda » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:33 pm

The solution does not involve is what I meant to say, and I do not think his solution does involve a legal fight just to fight.

That clear enough for you?

Maybe he can be like the rest of us and try and solve the problem with other means available considering its all taxpayer funded as would be his legal fight.

He wants to cost us all more money because he got free treatment go ahead, does not mean as a taxpayer I have to approve. Be different if he was first here trying to seek help to improve his treatment. But thats not the case.