Resmed Not Allowed on cpapauction

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
LoQ

Resmed Not Allowed on cpapauction

Post by LoQ » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:43 pm

Anyone watching cpapauction.com?
Resmed has prohibited the sale of their items on CPAPAuction.com. Many sellers are working around these restrictions. Until we can enforce the Resmed ban with precision, we can't accept new auctions. We apologize for this sorry state of affairs.

Re: Resmed Not Allowed on cpapauction

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:04 pm

What happen? Did they force you with a stop order? CPAPAuction was great to get a true reflection of all prices for mask and machines.

Emilia

Post by Emilia » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:16 pm

Wow... how can they stop people from selling their own property? I don't get that at all..... interesting, to say the least!

Yes, that blue eyed beauty is my cat! He is a seal point, bi-color Ragdoll. I adopted him in '08 from folks who could no longer care for him. He is a joy and makes me smile each and every day.

jdm2857

Post by jdm2857 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:20 pm

I'm waiting for ResMed to call and forbid me from changing my settings.
jeff

LoQ

Post by LoQ » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:23 pm

Guest wrote:What happen? Did they force you with a stop order? CPAPAuction was great to get a true reflection of all prices for mask and machines.
No, follow the link I posted. It would appear that right now, cpapauction.com is not accepting ANY items for auction. I suspect they are re-coding to make you certify that the item you want to sell is not made by ResMed.

The problem is with ResMed. cpapauction.com is just responding to that "command" from the company.

LoQ

Post by LoQ » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:23 pm

jdm2857 wrote:I'm waiting for ResMed to call and forbid me from changing my settings.
SNORT!

kf10

Post by kf10 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:36 pm

I haven't purchase any ResMed product online, mainly because I am from Canada. Seeing what ResMed acting this way to controls/dictates its market share. Make me think twice about being their customer again.

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:07 am

ResMed has a long history of playing hardball regarding internet sales of their equipment.

The local (especially the big chains) brick and mortar home health care equipment stores -- the outfits we refer to as the "DME" (durable medical equipment sellers) -- are the manufacturers' real customers. Not the internet venders. And not us, the end users.

The local DME stores are the ones that are catered to, and protected by, the manufacturers. Not the internet venders. And not us. It's just business, ya know. A very profitable business.

I don't think the DMEs are particularly worried about the drop-in-the-bucket amount of cpap sales on the internet. But they worry VERY much about Medicare and insurance companies noticing low prices on the internet. Sooner or later a bean counter says, "It looks like our reimbursements are too high for CPAP equipment. We need to cut down on what we pay the CPAP providers for those machines, masks, etc."

When low prices appear on the internet, the DMEs yell. A manufacturer wants to keep its biggest customers happy. So... we, the real USERS pay the price, so to speak. Figuratively and literally.

As the announcement at cpapauction (owned by cpap.com) put it: "this sorry state of affairs"

Links to ResMed's internet sales policies:
viewtopic.php?p=98895
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

Kevin G.

Post by Kevin G. » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:20 am

Has anybody looked into the antitrust laws? It is my understanding that any agreement between a seller and a buyer regarding the price at which the buyer resells a product is illegal. Any attempt by a seller to have a buyer enter into such an agreement is also illegal.

Maybe the internet resellers should consult with their attorneys. This could be the sort of thing that will be litigated by the federal or state attorney generals.

granti55

Post by granti55 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:24 am

This latest outrage by ResMed has sealed the deal for me in the Great White North. Already I cannot buy ResMed S9 or any of their products on line except at the auction. I was going to buy a S9 here at $1900Cdn. but I will not buy any of their products until they ResMed get their collective heads screwed on straight.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:35 am

You can't change the way things are, unless you are willing to not buy products from the companies that attempt to hold you up. I don't buy RESMED, if Respironics, want's to follow in their footsteps, I will not buy their products either. One more thing when you make a enemy of me, it's for life till I die, or you go out of business, I remember you. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:43 am

Resmed needs to get rid of that bleeping idiot they installed at the top and maybe bring Peter Ferrell back. Either way, I've been an avid Resmed fan and it pains me to say this - but - screw Resmed and all the horses they rode in on. I'm done defending them, I'm done using their PAPs. So far I've not had good luck w/the couple of their masks that I tried. Now I will no longer even try one of their masks.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:31 am

Farrell was just as bad, imho. Farrell was CEO of ResMed when the first internet price policy was born. That was Farrell's misbegotten baby. I'm sure he was very proud of it.
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:09 am

Really?? I thought he was "in" during the Recall, but "out" before the MAP policy. I did notice that he's moved on to their sleep center "branch". They are a ruthless bunch, that's for sure.

Daniel in Ireland said over at apneasupport.com
"This has been on the horizon for a number of years now.
In Europe, ResMed either owns or is part owner of a large number of DMEs, who supply their product. Smaller DMEs are being frozen out. This is what they will continue with throughout the world.
In Europe, they have taken on the online suppliers too.
Auction are obviously next.

Respironics are not 100 miles behind. Once the Phillips takeover and branding is fully complete.......I think you will also see change."
Maybe we need to start paying more attention to and looking harder at DeVilbiss, Fisher & Paykel and Sandman - and what about Breas? What are THEY up to?

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

LoQ

Post by LoQ » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:24 am

kf10 wrote:Seeing what ResMed acting this way to controls/dictates its market share. Make me think twice about being their customer again.
Since I found this out yesterday, I have been giving very serious consideration to whether I want to buy any of their products again, either. I generally do what is best for ME, not what punishes the people I think need to be punished. Probably ResMed needs to be "punished" but I don't go there. The reason I am reluctant to buy ResMed again is that I don't want to be held hostage next time I need a freaking filter. The latest DME I've been talking to charges over $5 for a stupid filter.

I am lucky that (knock on wood) I am on straight CPAP at the moment. That means I can use any machine. I've yet to be impressed with Respironics machines, and my fear that they will follow ResMed down this path probably prevents me from considering those machines.

Slinky wrote:Maybe we need to start paying more attention to and looking harder at DeVilbiss, Fisher & Paykel and Sandman - and what about Breas? What are THEY up to?
I certainly will, next time I need a machine.

Here's my real problem. I've tried different masks, and the only one that works for me is a ResMed mask. That is what disturbed my sleep last night--how can I get away from that mask?