Rescan 3.10 - Screen shots & Clinicians manual

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Uncle_Bob

Rescan 3.10 - Screen shots & Clinicians manual

Post by Uncle_Bob » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:37 am

OK I thought I'd post a bit more seeing as I have managed to get my mucky paws on the latest Rescan Software.

Here is a link to the top secret clinician manual
http://tinyurl.com/ya4h4hg

Here are few screen shots, as you can see its a case of spot the difference between the old version and the new one

here is the download dialog box, in version 3.7 is was very annoying to have to select "all data" each time as the default was always "summary data only".
notice now that 3.10 now includes the "set these as my default options" check box in the lower left hand corner

Summary data, pretty much the same

The stats review screen, pretty much the same. Why am i even posting this

OK one more

If anyone wants to know anything else feel free to ask. Note that i do not have a resmed S9, data is from my Autoset II. The rescan 3.10 is backwards compatible with the older models. It is also listed as being Windows Vista compatibile.

Cheers
UB

ozij

Re: Rescan 3.10 - Screen shots & Clinicians manual

Post by ozij » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:30 am

Thans for posting all that information, Uncle_Bob.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

DreamOn

Post by DreamOn » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:35 am

Thanks so much, Uncle_Bob! I look forward to seeing screen shots from S9 machine data, to see how ResScan 3.10 presents the additional information that's supposed to be reported with that machine.

akcpapguy

Post by akcpapguy » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:35 pm

UB, thanks for posting the screens, if you look in the patient list there should be some demo data in their for the S9. You can open those up and get an idea what the S9 data will look like, there is even one in there with oximeter data. If you cannot find these in your version let me know and I can email the screens to you for hosting/posting.
Canada...I can't say anything nice, so I won't say anything at all.

So many cats, so few recipes.

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:57 pm

akcpapguy wrote:UB, thanks for posting the screens, if you look in the patient list there should be some demo data in their for the S9. You can open those up and get an idea what the S9 data will look like, there is even one in there with oximeter data. If you cannot find these in your version let me know and I can email the screens to you for hosting/posting.
Thanks for letting me know, here are some screens using the S9 Autoset with an oximeter

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:59 pm

AKCPAPGuy, what oximeter can be used w/the S9s? Only a proprietary oximeter or a variety of professional oximeters? Does the manual indicate which ones?

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

akcpapguy

Post by akcpapguy » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:59 am

That's a good question Slinky, i will try to find out tomorrow....my gut feeling is proprietary though.
Canada...I can't say anything nice, so I won't say anything at all.

So many cats, so few recipes.

dsm

Post by dsm » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:29 am

Re Oximeters. There is a plug on module (kind of like the ResLink) that attaches to the S9 then just like the Reslink, there are particular SpO2 units (I believe same 3-pin plug) that then connect to the SpO2 adapter.

I don't believe it differs from the type #1 xPod/iPod style SpO2 device used with ResLink.

The best hope is they have dropped the price or chosen a more open plug connector. The ResLink one is proprietary.

DSM
xPAP and Quattro std mask (plus a pad-a-cheek anti-leak strap)

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:51 am

Your gut and my gut must be related, AKCPAPGuy. Or at least on the same wave-length!

Yep, I'm inclined to agree w/you too, dsm. I hope your suspiciouns are right that it is the same 3 plug XPod that I have for the ResLink.

On second thought, what do I care? I'm really not all that entralled w/the S9s despite the additional therapy detection data available given the power brick and extra cord. And MAYBE the humidifier tank. And the hose off the back. Swivel or no swivel.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

DreamOn

Post by DreamOn » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:37 am

What I would like to see are ResScan screens with data directly from an actual S9 machine.

With the S8 series, you had to have the ResLink module in order to see the flattening index, snore index, minute ventilation, and flow data. I'd like to know if the module is also required in order to see that data in ResScan 3.10 software with the S9 machine. The demo data screens are great to see, but it really doesn't answer that for me.

~ DreamOn
Last edited by DreamOn on Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arizona-Willie

Post by Arizona-Willie » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:12 pm

Uncle Bob ... could you be talked into sharing a link to grab the ver 3.10?

torontoCPAPguy

Post by torontoCPAPguy » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:29 pm

Exciting indeed. Even after investing a bomb into S8 stuff I am looking forward to seeing the S9 gear and oximeter accessories. Thanks for posting ANY and ALL information, especially the link to V10 ResScan.

Fall colours. One of God's gifts. Life is fragile and short, savour every moment no matter what your problems may be. These stunning fall colours from my first outing after surviving a month on life support due to H1N1.

rosacer

Post by rosacer » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:55 pm

Hey what a good uncle are you Bob, thanks a lot.

dsm

Post by dsm » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:15 pm

From what I saw at the start of the S9 announcement (can't locate it now ???) there was a publication that showed 2 plug-on modules for the S9

1 was a plug-on wireless adapter
2 was a plug-on oximeter *adapter*

The two units looked to be the same size & shape & the impression was they plug into the back of the machine
(I couldn't see anywhere else they might connect to).

I'll still keep looking for this pub but if anyone else finds it pls post the link.

DSM

>2 This video is great ... http://www.s9morecomfort.com/s9morecomf ... mfort.html

>3 BINGO - the video shows all the adaptors (4 in all) that can be plugged in to the rear & names them.

dsm

Post by dsm » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:30 pm

Having watched the video they said some things that are relevant

They stated that all aspects (including the blower) were redesigned
They show a breakdown of the new blower in 3D
(the blower uses the same dual-stage design as is in the S8 II blower)

The connection options they showed were ...
1. SD card
2, a small plug-on module that is a USB connector
3. A (similar to 2) sized plug-on module that is the oximeter adapter
4. A larger plug-on module that is a modem module
5. A (similar to 4) sized module that is a wireless module

DSM

>2

Here are the time spots for the interesting bits (slide the blue video progress bar along & watch the elapsed time )

2:05 is where you see the dual stage blower in 3D
4:28 is where the connectivity options appear

3:30 into the video is why they designed to look like it does. It is interesting to hear the lady in this segment talk
about it. The key point is they did not want it to look like a bit of complicated medical equipment, they wanted it
to look like something other people would see & think 'I want one of them.