If You Could Have One Wish.....

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Sleeping With The Enemy

If You Could Have One Wish.....

Post by Sleeping With The Enemy » Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:11 pm

I like to start good, interesting threads as you all can see.

I was cooking supper tonight and thinking about it and wondered if I only had one wish what would I wish for? Would I wish for money, fame, good health?

If you would like to share what your one wish would be, go ahead...

Remember you have only one wish and it can be anything, even if it is the craziest thing in the world...Be honest, what would you want more than anything in the world?

Have Fun!!!

Heidi, who is probably the most curious soul in the world....

rock and roll

Post by rock and roll » Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:25 pm

Having never had it and can't imagine a day without fighting it, I would have to say good health.

And if not, the money to pay for and buy it

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:00 pm

I'd wish for perfect health until the day I dropped dead with no warning. A little bit of a contradiction, given that if I had perfect health, why would I drop dead anyway? ... but hey, it's just a wish. If it can be an even bigger wish, I'd wish that for everyone in the world (including me!!).

NeurosurgeryNP

Post by NeurosurgeryNP » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:03 pm

One wish - well, I'd wish for world peace. LOL. No seriously, I'd wish for a disease free and illness free world (especially for kids). I don't like to see anyone suffer.

A wish for me - to die fast and without warning. I don't want to suffer or be in pain. That is one of my biggest fears.

auntiebeccaneedssleep

my wish

Post by auntiebeccaneedssleep » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:57 pm

My wish would be when I get engaged, not to have to wear my cpap on my honeymoon! Not exactly romantic to look like an alien when he comes to bed that first night! This is really something I am dreading! I am sure you can understand why! Although my snoring isn't exactly romantic either!
Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to sleep I go......

gailzee

Re: If You Could Have One Wish.....

Post by gailzee » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:29 pm

Health always. Without it money won't mean much. Success is a sate of mind.

BTW, you are a lovely bride!
Sleeping With The Enemy wrote:I like to start good, interesting threads as you all can see.

I was cooking supper tonight and thinking about it and wondered if I only had one wish what would I wish for? Would I wish for money, fame, good health?

If you would like to share what your one wish would be, go ahead...

Remember you have only one wish and it can be anything, even if it is the craziest thing in the world...Be honest, what would you want more than anything in the world?

Have Fun!!!

Heidi, who is probably the most curious soul in the world....

sleeplesssue

Post by sleeplesssue » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:31 pm

to wake up in the mornings feeling like a 45 year old and not an 85 year old.

felineperson3

Post by felineperson3 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:35 pm

I would wish for pain-free days and instant death when God feels that my work and purpose on this earth has been fulfilled.
Carley Image
"If God has brought me to it, He will bring me through it"--

Davidmcc

Post by Davidmcc » Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:45 pm

Having one son married and another about to marry, my one wish is to see them and and our daughters-in-law remain in good health and happily married and for my wife (Christine) and I to have happy, healthy, adult grandchildren in due course.

snamvar

Post by snamvar » Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:18 am

Health. Absolutely, no questions about it.
Let me also say that I suffer fro Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome. This is a condition that your natural sleep/wake cycle is out of sync (daleyed) from the rest of the world. Light exposures in the morning and Melatonins in the evenings seem to be the treatment.
This interferes with your life much more that CPAP use and OSA treatments. So, Please also count your blessings. I do it
I don't do mornings !!!

Liam1965

Post by Liam1965 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:18 am

Probably a really kick-ass robot.

Liam, who needs to be healthy when you can be a GEEEEEEEK.

TXKajun

Post by TXKajun » Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:46 am

C'mon folks! You've only got one wish, so why not do what any sensible, reasonable, thinking person would do:

Wish for 6 more wishes!!!!!!

battlin_blazes

Post by battlin_blazes » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:02 am

I love the idea txcajun, but at this point I am going with everyone else on this..... hands down the health!!!!! You just don't know what you've got until its gone!! And at 34 years old I'd be very content just feeling good enough to get up and doing half the things I used to do!!

hockeydad

Post by hockeydad » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:17 am

Health would be nice, and freedom from the infernal machine strapped to my face everynight would be great, but if I only had one wish, it wouldn't be for me, it would be for my kids.

I wish for a life of health, happiness and success for my son (10) and daughter (9). Obviously happiness and success are kind of in the eye of the beholder, but I guess I'd want them to be successful by what ever their definition is. Hopefully that doesn't just mean financial success (although it sure wouldn't hurt to be rich!!).

Liam1965

Post by Liam1965 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:17 am

If you want a serious answer, I think I'd have a hard time beating "happiness" or "contentment".

Trust me, as someone who has suffered from depression for much of my life, I'd MUCH rather be happy and/or content with my life (but have poor health) than to be in perfect health but miserably sad.

Fortunately we don't have to make that choice, but if I had to, I'd wish for the contentedness and happiness, and let my health fend for itself. Better a short, happy life than a long miserable one.

Liam. Now look what you did, you made him be serious.