OT: Heads up on my personal issues

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

OT: Heads up on my personal issues

Post by Pugsy » Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:01 pm

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up on what is going on with me and why I have been absent (compared to what I used to do).

Most of you guys and gals I consider my friend and I think you will understand.

We do have another moderator but that person has yet to learn the inner workings of the moderator controls that you all never see but that person has yet to be instructed on the spam patrol thing and new account post approval. That stuff.
Up to that person to let you know who they are or they can stay anonymous.

So twice a day...morning and evenings I will make a quick stop by here and do my moderator thing.

My mother is in bad shape both physically and mentally. This past year has been a nightmare. We don't know if it is plain old dementia or Alzhimers and at this point it doesn't matter. She turned 91 last month. She can't bear any weight on her failed knee replacement and her mind is also shot. I can't tell you how many times in just the last couple of months that I get phone calls 24/7 with her wanting me to take her home but the only problem was that she was already in her home.
Months and months of this. Her memory is trashed. She's waaaaay overweight and no way I can physically deal with her.
She weighs more than twice what I weigh. Then there's the mental thing. She wants to call the house phone and have Don come take her home. Only problem they haven't had a house phone for nearly 20 years and Don has been dead since May 2008. We put her in the nursing home kicking and screaming not quite 2 weeks ago.
She tells the nurses she needs to go home to take care of her mom and that she drives and shops and does everything all by herself. She doesn't do any of that. She can't get off the portable commode, we have by her chair, to get back in her chair.
She can't do anything for herself.
A month ago her granddaughter (care person) had to call the paramedics at 3 AM to help get her off that commode. :lol:

Anyhow my own daughter will be here this Friday and the plan is to go looking through stuff and some cleaning at my mom's house (gotta sell it since there is a rever erse mortage) so I won't be here much for a few weeks most likely but for sure this weekend.
Granddaughter is moving out of the house this weekend and she never cleaned a fucking thing so I know who gets to do it.

I will be around morning and evenings briefly mainly for new account post approval and need for speed....so don't you guys think that while the cat's away the mice will play....... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE no snarky shitty personal attacks or pissing contests.
To be honest may patience level is sub zero right now. Don't go pissing me off because my short temper is ugly for sure.

Play nice in the sandbox please....or go find another sandbox to play in because you got banned from this one by a short tempered old woman.

Thank you for understanding.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Pugsy

Re: OT: Heads up on my personal issues

Post by Pugsy » Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:02 pm

Oh and to make things worse...my little dog Toby got snake bit.
Sigh.

Let me get you a picture to make you sick.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:34 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:02 pm
Oh and to make things worse...my little dog Toby got snake bit.
Sigh.

Let me get you a picture to make you sick.
Ok, THAT'S what happened in that pic. ewww.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

lazarus

Post by lazarus » Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:10 am

Thank you for sharing all that and keeping us in the loop.

I'll try my best to behave. But sometimes Zonker puts me up to things.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Do what you have to do. You have given so much to this community and to your loved ones. May you find the joy in that.

Our hearts are with you.

ozij

Post by ozij » Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:15 am

lazarus wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:10 am
Thank you for sharing all that and keeping us in the loop.
[...]
Do what you have to do. You have given so much to this community and to your loved ones. May you find the joy in that.

Our hearts are with you.
Can't say it better than Lazarus did, except of course for the story he's sticking to...

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:32 am

Here's the picture. It was taken Monday and Toby had to have surgery Tuesday to remove that dead tissue.
I had in him to the vet just Saturday and all we had was a swollen leg with small wounds. So this really developed over night. Sunday was when the dead tissue showed up.
Vet said he had to cut 1/2 inch away from all that ugly just to get to viable tissue that had any chance in hell of healing.
He's not out of the woods by a long shot. All that tissue has to granulate in and that's a very slow process and he already has figured out how to get out of that cone that we used to keep him from licking. He's quite an escape artist.

https://i.imgur.com/8SNhKVi.jpg

I removed the embedded image and placed the link because some people are grossed out and made sick by the image.
Fair warning folks....its nasty gross.

I only got 4 hours of sleep last night. Going to be a long day.

kteague

Post by kteague » Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:59 am

Shew, Pugsy, that's a whole lot of life happening there to deal with. Hope each of these things go as well as they can possibly go for you.

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:10 am

So sorry you're dealing with all that - I remember my gran and ma having similar issues, if not as troublesome for us... my gran was tiny.

And fingers crossed for your dog!

Bluper

Post by Bluper » Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:04 am

Prayers for you and your Mom. My Mom had Alzheimers. I, being an only child, cared for her alone and at her home until her death. Fortunately she was tiny and I could carry her. I'm glad you could get her in a home. Doing it all alone is a nightmare. Take time for you every day. Stay sane. Cuddle your poor puppy. We will all be here if you need us. Thanks for all you do.

nana of 3

Post by nana of 3 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:55 am

Good vibes coming from my house to yours!!!!! My Mom was in the same boat but she was cognizant enough to take the final plunge herself. Of course it helped her, but the rest of us had to pick up the pieces . At least now she is with Dad in a better place and they can keep each other company.

Love ya

Nan

Resmed Airsence 10 autoset and Bleep Dreamport mask

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:56 am

I know it's hard right now, but once things resolve, the relief is incredible.
We just sold my MIL's house--after 13 tears of money pit we could not afford.
Cuddle your poor furbaby. Cuddle your mom--when you can.
Love is better than aspirin.

zonker

Post by zonker » Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:11 am

i'm hoping that there is a caregiver support group near you. they are a god send for comfort and info.

best of luck!
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Miss Emerita

Post by Miss Emerita » Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:39 am

I'm so sorry to hear about all these wrenching problems that have piled up on you. Zonker makes a great suggestion -- find people you can lean on. Then LEAN on them. Take care.
Oscar software is available at https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

CPAP-A-MUST

Post by CPAP-A-MUST » Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:14 pm

So sorry you are dealing with this and I feel your pain. My 88-year-old mother has been in an assisted living facility since January 2020 and was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s in mid-July. The facility she lives in has a memory care building and we will be moving her there in the coming months or bring her to my area of the US where care costs are considerably less.

We had to get everything out of her townhome and sell it…right in the middle of the covid outbreak in 2020. Thankfully it sold quickly (12 offers…sold over asking). We were so relieved to get that behind us.

Once you get all that behind you Pugsy I swear you will feel the huge boulders of burden lift. Wishing you the best.
Machine: ResMed AS10 for Her w/Humdifier & ClimateLine Hose
Settings: Fixed at 8 cm H2O, EPR 1
Mask: ResMed N30i
Other: Kinesiology Tape

“Gratitude and attitude are choices, not challenges”

loggerhead12

Post by loggerhead12 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:31 am

Gotta take care of family.

Thanks for what you do.