Oscar Has Stopped Working

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jawone

Oscar Has Stopped Working

Post by jawone » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:11 am

Since April 11, the Oscar app does not seem able to download the nightly results of my sleep from the SD Card that I use to transfer results from my CPAP to my PC. I can see the folders with the proper dates on the SD, but when I go to the "Welcome" page; click on "Importer" then "Daily View" the most recent result is still April 11. The SD card is not anywhere near full. Can anyone shed some light on this, so I can continue to view my results? Thank you, Jeff

Pugsy

Re: Oscar Has Stopped Working

Post by Pugsy » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:25 am

Does it not download at all?

Try creating a new profile and downloading the entire card again.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:33 am

Make sure the SD card is not locked

jawone

Post by jawone » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:35 am

The card is not locked.
I destroyed old profile, created new one. Card now shows nothing beyond 2/3/2020. Also cannot find where my new "Profile" is stored within File Explorer.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:50 am

Why did you destroy the old profile? I didn't tell you to do that....you can have multiple profiles.

What is the model machine you are using?

S9 or AirSense 10...and model name?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

jawone

Post by jawone » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:42 pm

Pugsy:It is a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
Sorry, didn't realize I could have different Profiles. Jeff

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:49 pm

I have no idea why your SD card doesn't have any data on it prior to
jawone wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:35 am
Card now shows nothing beyond 2/3/2020. Also cannot find where my new "Profile" is stored within File Explorer.
Profiles are in the OSCAR folder in MyDocuments on Windows.

Do you mean no data from 2/3 to now? Or prior to 2/3?

Do you have a new SD card laying around? Maybe this one simply went bad?

jawone

Post by jawone » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:44 pm

Pugsy: Yes, after importing from the Sd to the app, nothing after 2/3/20 is available. I will try a different SD tonight to see if it makes a difference, but I see that there are folders from 4/12 and 4/13 on the SD that contain files with numerous extensions. I would post a screenshot of these but cannot figure out what to do after clicking on the "Image" icon. I get {img} {img}. Also, I tried again to create a new Profile. Went through each step and it appears to have succeeded. However, when I open the app, there is no profile listed. The only thing listed in my docs is "Oscar preferences" and "Oscar profiles" both in .xml. I do not see an Oscar folder. I wonder if I should start from scratch and completely reinstall the app and go from there. Jeff

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:57 pm

It wouldn't be impossible for OSCAR to break. It is after all Beta software and you know what they say about Beta.

You could remove it and install and try again. All the files are on that SD card so they won't be lost. Now if you do uninstall...don't forget to manually remove the OSCAR folder that is in MyDocuments. It isn't touched when we uninstall OSCAR and has to be manually deleted.
If left in place the new install will try to use it and if it is damaged you will run into same problem. Best to do a total removal.

You could get ResScan and see if it will import correctly. Windows only software though. Send me a PM if you want ResScan. I don't recommend version 6.0. It's royal PITA as it now requires passwords that from what I hear don't work more often than it works.
I suggest version 5.9.

You could also do the same with SleepyHead if you want to. See what it imports correctly or not. If it will then you know OSCAR broke and needs to be removed.
SleepyHead is still available...it's usable. Just won't ever progress beyond this last version.
https://sleepyhead.jedimark.net/

jawone

Post by jawone » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:24 pm

Pugsy: I would like to try Resscan. What is a "PM" ? Can you send whatever I need to install version 5.9? Thank you. Jeff

zonker

Post by zonker » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:46 pm

jawone wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:24 pm
Pugsy: I would like to try Resscan. What is a "PM" ? Can you send whatever I need to install version 5.9? Thank you. Jeff
on the left side of your screen you'll see pugsy's info. click on the one that says "contact" to send her a Private Message.

where it shows the dialog balloon with three dots in it.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Chris8243

Post by Chris8243 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:33 am

Hmmmm, I downloaded Oscar a few says ago and imported my data. Been on the forum several years, used Sleepyhead, hadn't looked at my data in probably 9 months and was motivated to do so the other day.

No issues. Been using the same SD card since I started 2-1/2 years ago and it was all there.

jawone

Post by jawone » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:58 am

Yesterday I reinstalled OSCAR and again set up my profile. I used a different SD card last night in my CPAP and the folder is there. However, when I opened the Oscar app just now, my profile was gone and there is no evidence of any folders/files related to it in My Docs. The Oscar folder is in Program Files, but nowhere else. I wonder if there is a Win 10 setting that is blocking me?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:30 am

I have exhausted my skill set for computer/software problems but I am using Windows 10 and haven't had a problem with OSCAR at all.
So unless you have made special changes in something security wise in Windows...doubt it is Windows 10 related problem.

DreamDiver

Post by DreamDiver » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:17 pm

jawone wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:58 am
Yesterday I reinstalled OSCAR and again set up my profile. I used a different SD card last night in my CPAP and the folder is there. However, when I opened the Oscar app just now, my profile was gone and there is no evidence of any folders/files related to it in My Docs. The Oscar folder is in Program Files, but nowhere else. I wonder if there is a Win 10 setting that is blocking me?
How old is your computer? If it's very old, it's possible something either in OSCAR or Win10 has been corrupted due to an old hard drive. Another possibility is that your SD card has failed. If you have the capacity, you could try installing OSCAR on a different Win10 machine, create a profile using your existing SD card. If the problem happens again, it could be a failed SD card. If the problem does not happen again, it might be that your Windows hard drive is near end-of-life failure. If you have a SMART hard drive you may be able to detect whether the drive is failing.
https://www.howtogeek.com/134735/how-to ... -is-dying/

There may be other reasons, but if we've exhausted the most obvious reasons why your data are gone, these may be efforts that can help figure out where to step next.

Best of luck!

Chris

Most members of this forum are wonderful.
However, if you are the target of bullying on this forum, please consider these excellent alternative forums:
Apnea Board
Sleep Apnea Talk Forum
Free CPAP Advice

Be well,
Chris