Kim Jong-un

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jimbud

Re: Kim Jong-un

Post by jimbud » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:52 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:42 pm
I'm mixed breed.
Yeah, me too.
Scotch/Irish with Cherokee and who knows what else.
So what does that make me?
Immigrant/ :?:

Citizen. Yes. :D
JPB

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:55 pm

palerider wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:10 pm
Bobby269 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:46 am
If you believe in God. How can you dislike people only because of the color of their skin. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Because the Bible endorses slavery...

. . .

The so-called "slavery" endorsed by the bible bears little resemblance to the institution of "chattel slavery" that existed in the US before the civil war, as well as elsewhere in the Americas. Furthermore, there is no mention of skin color or race in the bible in that context.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:03 pm

I'm mostly north European, with a trace of south Asia (India).
Apparently one of my Brit forebears invited a brown person to swim in our gene pool.
Probably where the brains came from.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:06 pm

D.H. wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:55 pm
The so-called "slavery" endorsed by the bible bears little resemblance to the institution of "chattel slavery" that existed in the US before the civil war, as well as elsewhere in the Americas. Furthermore, there is no mention of skin color or race in the bible in that context.
14.jpg
"Ebed" is the Hebrew word used in the Old Testament. It is more accurately translated as "servant".

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:09 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:03 pm
I'm mostly north European, with a trace of south Asia (India).
Apparently one of my Brit forebears invited a brown person to swim in our gene pool.
Probably where the brains came from.
Grandpa told me when I was little that we are 50% cauc/50% asian.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:18 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:06 pm
I'm having trouble accepting the No in the Old Testament column by Physical Abuse.
Exodus 21 20:21 wrote:Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result, 21 but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or two, since the slave is their property.
Beating a slave to death is punishable, but if they happen to survive the owner isn't punished.

And that chart has a No to Physical Abuse?

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:04 pm

Exodus 21: 20 and 21 is a key turning point in the history of mankind. In no prior legislation had slaves been offered any dignity or protection. Now, God commands Moses to write such dignity and protection into the law. This stands in strong and favorable contrast with the old laws of Greece, Rome, and other nations. God introduces a new concept to the world.

We shouldn't make the mistake of comparing our ethical code to the code of ancient, tribal cultures. Born in another time and place, who knows how we would have acted?

"A text taken out of context is a pretext to anything you want it to be."

RonS

Post by RonS » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:20 am

Religion, politics, accusations of racism/ancestral theft/heartlessness/godlessness/lack of personal charity, scripture quoting and argument of interpretation.

Pretty much have the bases covered.

This is going well, nobody has announced they're leaving and stormed off the forum yet, but there's still time.

Ciao!

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:40 am

Grannie is right. Plus, the people in the Bible had slaves.. not the Bible. It was a part of their culture then. Also, notice that our salvation as God has revealed to us is on-going. An example of this was the difference in the covenants with man. It started with a covenant with one man (Abraham) and the last covenant thru Jesus Christ, was with the world.

Sheriff

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:53 am

Sheriff Buford wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:40 am
Grannie is right. Plus, the people in the Bible had slaves.. not the Bible. It was a part of their culture then. Also, notice that our salvation as God has revealed to us is on-going. An example of this was the difference in the covenants with man. It started with a covenant with one man (Abraham) and the last covenant thru Jesus Christ, was with the world.

Sheriff
So well said, Sheriff.

Midnight Strangler

Post by Midnight Strangler » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:03 am

Sheriff Buford wrote:

Sheriff
As a Jew, let me add that the Hebrew slave was not what we understand slave to be today. They were bond-servants. They volunteered to be an ebed (Hebrew word translated to English as slave.). Sometimes they agreed to be an ebed for a set period of time in order to pay off their debt. Sometimes they volunteered in exchange for housing and food.

It's important to remember that most people lived in what we today would describe as deep poverty. Their daily challenge was procurement of food.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:21 am

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:51 am

Sheriff Buford wrote:

Sheriff
We still do, but we call them employees. :lol: Jim

The Government keeps lots of them.
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

peelunkins

Post by peelunkins » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:03 pm

Midnight Strangler wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:03 am
Sheriff Buford wrote:

Sheriff
As a Jew, let me add that the Hebrew slave was not what we understand slave to be today. They were bond-servants. They volunteered to be an ebed (Hebrew word translated to English as slave.). Sometimes they agreed to be an ebed for a set period of time in order to pay off their debt. Sometimes they volunteered in exchange for housing and food.

It's important to remember that most people lived in what we today would describe as deep poverty. Their daily challenge was procurement of food.
Nobody is 'volunteering' from the Goyim. They are bought and sold by the Jews.

Vayikra 25:44-46 Orthodox Jewish Bible (OJB)
44 Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, shall be of the Goyim that are round about you; of them shall ye buy eved and amah.

45 Moreover of the bnei hatoshavim that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their mishpachot that are among you, which they fathered in your land; and they shall be your possession.

46 And ye shall take them as an inheritance for your banim after you, to inherit them for a possession; they shall be your bondmen forever; but over your brethren, the Bnei Yisroel, ye shall not rule one over another with rigor.

turbo

Post by turbo » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:36 pm

Nothing wrong with being a slave :wink:

https://youtu.be/74LsTRDZgFI
“I know what I wrote, I was there when I wrote it.” JOHN BELUSHI