CBD (from cannabis) oil and deep sleep

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
steven79421

CBD (from cannabis) oil and deep sleep

Post by steven79421 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:32 pm

Hi everyone,

I am wondering if anyone with deep sleep issues specifically has had good results using CBD (from cannabis) oil? I have read mixed literature, if I was to try it I would like a peppermint or lavender infused one. Anyone?

Arlene1963

Re: CBD (from cannabis) oil and deep sleep

Post by Arlene1963 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:04 pm

I ordered CBD oil from the Ontario Cannabis Store the day cannabis was legalized about 3 weeks ago here in Canada, but am still awaiting delivery. :lol: The launch of legal cannabis has been hilariously bad so far, and so who knows how long it will be until I eventually receive my order.

I'm really interested to try it, and am also curious to see what feedback you get from those who have tried it on this thread.

I experimented with CBD oil once before and wasn't overly impressed as I recall, but was never sure if it was the "real deal" because I bought it from a vendor on Etsy and honestly, who knows what was in it? At least if I get it from the OCS I know the actual content.

Islandwoman

Post by Islandwoman » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:29 pm

Buy from someone who sells medical Marijuana. There are many varieties bred for different purposes. Google for varieties. Amazon has lots of books. Many made from hemp for sale on line/Amazon. Its legal here in Washington state so we have shops all over. I'm 75 and many of my friends use it for pain either ingested or topical. I know they are happy with the results but I cant recommend one for sleep. I am going to try some myself as I found a store that actually has medically trained consultants and will go there. Good luck.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:30 pm

Maybe if they didn't use the parts from the CBD OIL they strip in making it, in the employee lounge the shipping would happen faster. hope your order didn't go up in smoke! :lol: Jim

On the Good side, they say the Ozone Layer is getting thicker, must be that huge cloud over Canada. We here in Indiana are getting ready for the Ice Age recovery.
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

hobbs

Post by hobbs » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:39 am

My wife has insomnia for 50+ years. 1 Ambian does nothing! She has been using a 20:1 tincture made by Yummi Karma. 300mg CBD & 15mg of THC. She says it works fine.
Tinctures are expensive and the same results could probably be obtained with a Vape Pen with a Sativa cartridge. YMMV

Comfortably Numb

Post by Comfortably Numb » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:21 am

I'm a 50 year, moderate user of marijuana. By that, I mean I may take a couple of hits from high potency herb 2-3 times per month. I have been trying a good quality CBD tincture at night for a couple of months. My dosage has been one dropper full which = 1500 mg. CBD. I can honestly say that I have felt no effects, positive or negative, from the tincture. It is extremely expensive, nearly $80-100 for 30 ml. which is supposedly a one month's supply. As compared to the CDB tincture, top-shelf cannabis goes for about $300 per ounce in my area. That ounce would last me many, many months at my rate of usage. I don't use cannabis for the purpose of sleep, but I have noticed several times that my AHI is always lower on those nights when I had a couple of tokes earlier in the evening. I believe that all of this is highly specific to the individual. The only way to know how CDB or cannabis will affect you is to experiment. My experience has revealed that cannabis is one of the most effective substances on earth. If properly used in small dosages (to be individually determined), it can have a pronounced positive effect on anxiety, mood, and relaxation. Unfortunately, I can't personally report anything about CBD tincture except that it's very expensive.

score69

Post by score69 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:09 am

I've used CBD oil sublingually for over a year. It's important to find a quality product. I'm assuming it's ok to name brands here? The two I usually get are:

CBD For the People - Has a legal THC amount in it (<.3%), full spectrum
Green Roads - Contains NO THC, also a very high quality product

I buy the 1500mg/30ml bottles. Very pricey, but the high concentration is nice and a 30ml bottle lasts several months using 3 drops under the tongue, several times daily.

I started using it for anxiety, and use it 2-3 times during the day. If you get quality oil, then it's very effective for anxiety and mood once you find your happy dose. I'm completley off xanax at this point that was prescribed for anxiety. Several months of tapering it, the CBD has replaced the need for xanax.

As far as sleep goes, mine has been somewhat difficult for a while between tapering off the xanax, and now trying to stop ambien. Years of taking ambien and xanax have really caused me a head fog that I'm hoping will clear eventually.

I've not used CBD at night for the purposes of sleep until recently, but have taken it a few times close to bedtime due to anxiety starting to return. I do seem to sleep more soundly (less tossing and turning) when I combine CBD and melatonin at night.

I buy mine online, it's much less expensive. Buy if you want to give it a try, you can probably find some locally. Maybe pick up some 'gummies' and suck on one and hour to 30 mins before you go to bed. Some of the doses are really high though with the edibles. I was buying Green Roads 'Froggies to go' for a while. Individual frog gummies that are 25mg. I would cut them in half and suck on one. 12.5 mgs was plenty for me. With the oil I'm using sublingually now, I'm at about 7.5mg/dose. Some folks use pretty high doses, but start low if you give it a try.

It's definitely effective if you get a quality product. My chiropractor got me started on it for nerve pain. After doing some reading on it and seeing how effective it was for my pain, I was also able to taper and replace my xanax. I'm hoping in another week or two off the ambien, that it allows me to sleep well by taking an additional dose at bedtime. Currently, I'm taking a dose at bedtime with 5mg of melatonin. Still restless from ambien withdrawl though. Taken that stuff since it first came out. Way too long.

Comfortably Numb

Post by Comfortably Numb » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:00 pm

score69, I, too, have dealt with an anxiety disorder since I was about 7 years old. I am now 70. I remember the day many years ago when I first read about Xanax. Since then, it has been a Godsend for me, using it only as needed for social anxiety situations. Now that I'm retired, I have much less need for it. I'm amazed (not doubting) that you receive anxiety relief from three drops of 1500 mg CBD three times a day. I take a full dropper (1.0 ml) all at once and feel nothing. When I searched for a quality product, I consulted a listing such as this: https://www.cannainsider.com/reviews/cbd-oil-reviews/ and chose cbdMD, 1500 mg. Before I give up on the idea completely, I think I'll give your brand a try. I agree that it's definitely best to buy from the internet. you can save $15-20 per bottle.

score69

Post by score69 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:12 am

Comfortably Numb wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:00 pm
score69, I, too, have dealt with an anxiety disorder since I was about 7 years old. I am now 70. I remember the day many years ago when I first read about Xanax. Since then, it has been a Godsend for me, using it only as needed for social anxiety situations. Now that I'm retired, I have much less need for it. I'm amazed (not doubting) that you receive anxiety relief from three drops of 1500 mg CBD three times a day. I take a full dropper (1.0 ml) all at once and feel nothing. When I searched for a quality product, I consulted a listing such as this: https://www.cannainsider.com/reviews/cbd-oil-reviews/ and chose cbdMD, 1500 mg. Before I give up on the idea completely, I think I'll give your brand a try. I agree that it's definitely best to buy from the internet. you can save $15-20 per bottle.
Yeah, anxiety can be crushing. I used to have flat out panic attacks so badly that I ended up in ER a few times, thinking I was having a heart attack, couldn't breathe, etc. Of course the did the whole SSRI thing before they would start me on xanax. After two months of no real relief from Paxil, and it making me feel like a zombie, xanax gave me relief. I was able to live life again, go into public, drive into the office for work, etc.

Fast forward 15 years, and at 47, I feel brain dead from the xanax, ambien, and alcohol. I wanted to be able to get off of the xanax, or just take it as needed. My chiropractor got me started on CBD for nerve pain, and I found good anxiety relief from it as well. It wasn't my intent, but noticed I was able to go longer without the xanax. By increasing my CBD dose, and tapering the xanax over a few months, I now feel like it covers my anxiety. Absolutely NO alcohol anymore either.

I like the Green Roads CBD products. I've ordered directly from them a few times. With the CBD for the People brand, check out the company website, and then compare the prices to purecbdvapors.com. Depending on the size of the bottle (30 or 60ml), it can sometimes be less expensive from purcbdvapors. Purecbdvapors.com ends up drop shipping from the companies in most cases. I've ordered from them, and gotten a different tracking number for each brand of product I've ordered. A third brand I would rate up with the other two I mentioned is Hemplucid.

With the 1500mg/30ml oils, I actually get a little uncomfortable from using 4 or more drops at a time. I can space out the doses 30-60 mins and use more. Maybe I'm just sensitive to it. We don't have medical or recreational cannabis in my state, I actually prefer the CBD without the THC anyways, as long as I can buy a quality CBD product, I'm good.

Good luck, hope you find something that works for you.

bonum.noctem

Post by bonum.noctem » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:47 pm

My wife got me a 1500mg/30ml bottle and I'm currently using 8 drop sublingual in the evening in addition to a cup of Reishi medical mushroom tea. It makes me a little sleepy, but it does not seem to have any benefits for a better sleep. I'm not really convinced, I have no interest in playing with the dosage and I'm not going to buy it again.
In pursuit of a goodnight sleep | Receive a discount at Wellue Health

Jack Burton

Post by Jack Burton » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:31 pm

I have the the 1 to 1 thc/cdb sublingual spray from ocs(finally got it last week).
It doesn't seem to do much at all.
Possibly makes my neck less tense.

Mark Sadler

Post by Mark Sadler » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:33 pm

I use cbd/thc elixir every night. Helps with pain and lets me go to sleep in a few minutes. I make my own using glycerin. I could never afford to by it. I take 1/2 tablespoon 1/2 hour before bed time and go to bed when I start to nod off. My wife only needs 1/3 teaspoon for the same affect. Just google making marajuna surup or tinicher.
I live in Oregon, so it makes it easier.

hobbs

Post by hobbs » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:35 pm

Mark Sadler wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:33 pm
I live in Oregon, so it makes it easier.
213 licensed liquor stores in the state and 1-2 dispensaries in every town, I would say so! :lol:

emmagoldman44

Post by emmagoldman44 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:55 pm

My friend is getting a lot of improved sleep through CBD oil. However, she is a chronic pain patient, so I wonder if some or most of the benefit is caused by the CBD addressing her inflammation & pain, thus allowing her to sleep better.

As for me, I tried it a few times, but it didn't do anything for me. I have a sleep disorder unrelated to pain.

Since there is little if any adverse effects from good quality CBD extract, it's probably worth a try if you can afford it.

Patti_B

Post by Patti_B » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:15 pm

I was wondering how many mg she takes for pain management at night? I have fibromyalgia and have many arousals at night because of pain. I was thinking of trying it.