Purchasing a device from SecondwindCPAP

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Rhodesie

Purchasing a device from SecondwindCPAP

Post by Rhodesie » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:50 am

Just wondering if anyone has purchased a device/machine from this website? Husband needs to switch to an ASV type machine and their prices are significantly less than what we have to pay up here in Canada. Our insurance only covers 50% to a certain maximum so looking for options that are more cost effective.

https://www.secondwindcpap.com/Used_CPAP.html

Thanks

Julie

Re: Purchasing a device from SecondwindCPAP

Post by Julie » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:59 am

Yes, they're great - really take care of customers and their machines etc. are good (I'm a customer, as are many here). I'm in NB if it matters to anything.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:16 am

Excellent source for gently used or new open box equipment. I have recommended them often and while I have never bought a machine from them I have bought a humidifier and at least a dozen people that I personally know of were very happy with their machine purchase.

Let me share a story about one of them...it was a guy in Australia who was needing an ASV machine. This was back before the AirCurve ASV machine made it easy to distinguish model names for people not fully comfortable with all the S9 models. I knew the model he needed and told him but when he ordered the machine he got the wrong one by mistake. I had even alerted Mark (the owner at secondwindcpap) that the order was coming in and he set aside the model S9 36037 for the guy to make sure it was available.
He needed the S9 Adapt and ordered the S9 VPAP Auto by mistake.
Then of course when he got the machine and used it we saw real quickly that it wasn't reporting or doing what we expected to see on the reports.

At first we thought maybe Mark had shipped the wrong machine but after chatting with Mark and the guy about things...that's when we figured out he bought the machine listed above the one I wanted him to have. It was confusing because the price was the same...The VPAP Auto was new and the Adapt 36037 was used.

Mark at secondwind over nighted (as much as you can over night anything to Australia) the correct machine to the guy without having to wait on physically getting the wrong machine back to get credit.

Anyway, when Mark did that for the guy he earned my loyalty. He went above and beyond to make sure the guy got the machine he needed as quickly as possible even when the error wasn't his but instead was the guy's.
Didn't ding him from make a new zero hour machine a gently used machine either.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

bombayone

Post by bombayone » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:37 am

Second Wind is fantastic. They have shipped me a brand new replacement machine at no additional cost when I received a defective used one.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:10 am

Rhodesie wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:50 am
Rhodesie
I bought a "gently used" machine from them and have been using it for about 17 months. Very pleased with machine, and ordering and shipping were easy. Will use them again.

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:17 am

As stated on other posts, my daughter bought a machine from them with excellent results.

Sheriff

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:34 am

It appears that CPAP is not covered in Alberta. Their website says that international orders are welcome. I don't think you'll have to pay GST or PST (or whatever these taxes are now called) on uncovered medical necessities, but you'll need to make sure.

Per the Alberta Health Plan website "The Lung Association Sleep Apnea Society has an assistance plan that you can apply for. Information is available from the Sleep Centre." I don't know if this is for everybody or just those who have issues affording a CPAP.

Nick Danger

Post by Nick Danger » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:47 am

I bought a machine from them a few years ago. It went well and I was very happy with the purchase.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:53 am

Can anyone clarify the details on shipping from USA to Canada?
The OP might need to avoid paying unnecessary fees.

Rhodesie

Post by Rhodesie » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:17 pm

D.H. wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:34 am
It appears that CPAP is not covered in Alberta. Their website says that international orders are welcome. I don't think you'll have to pay GST or PST (or whatever these taxes are now called) on uncovered medical necessities, but you'll need to make sure.

Per the Alberta Health Plan website "The Lung Association Sleep Apnea Society has an assistance plan that you can apply for. Information is available from the Sleep Centre." I don't know if this is for everybody or just those who have issues affording a CPAP.
That is correct. We have private health insurance thru my work. Alberta Bluecross will cover 50% up to a maximum. If we purchase it locally, the supplier charges $5000+ for an ASV version. That is more than my 50% maximum. I don't really care where we purchase it from as our DME locally here said they would support anything we buy even if not from them as long as we let them set it up. But I also work in the healthcare system and have work colleagues that are respiratory therapists that have worked in the sleep disorder area.

Holden4th

Post by Holden4th » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:31 am

I've purchased three machines via Secondwind and give them the highest of recommendations.

WearyOne

Post by WearyOne » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:19 am

I doubt anyone has had an issue with this since no one mentioned it, but any problems with odors such as cigarette smoke with the gentle used machines at Secondwind? I'm very sensitive to this, especially the cigarette smoke smell. I have also contacted them to ask about this, but wanted to get feedback from this group as well.

Thanks! :D

Pam

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:27 am

WearyOne wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:19 am
I doubt anyone has had an issue with this since no one mentioned it, but any problems with odors such as cigarette smoke with the gentle used machines at Secondwind?
They tell you the requirements for them to be willing to purchase a used machine for resale and one of them is no cigarette smoke odor.
I assume that in whatever they do to clean any machine will also include checking for odors.

https://www.secondwindcpap.com/Selling_Used_CPAP.html

There's more at the above link but they don't just take any machine
All machines purchased by Secondwind CPAP must be in good working order. It is absolutely essential that the machine come from a smoke-free environment, and must be free of heavy odors such as Patchouli Oil, or other heavy fragrances/perfumes;

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Rhodesie

Post by Rhodesie » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:59 am

Thanks everyone. Just ordered a gently used Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV. They did change me $85 for express shipping to Canada. Will be interesting to see how fast it gets here.

DavidY

Post by DavidY » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:05 am

Check also with some Canadian online dealers like Cpapoutlet MonsterCPAP and Cpapmachines. Prices at these places are typically much cheaper than local DMEs. Check with your insurer if they would accept Secondwindcpap and/or these online dealers.

A couple months ago, I bought a new APAP backup unit (Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset for her) for just over CAD$800 from CPAP Outlet.

David