cpap.com Big Sale

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
xyz

cpap.com Big Sale

Post by xyz » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:26 pm

cpap.com has their holiday sale going. I got a bunch of things for my new ResMed. Saved around 30%.

The usual deal is free shipping for orders over $99. Current deal is free shipping on all orders.

I just hate to pay shipping when all I'm ordering is filters. They could probably be shipped using one postage stamp. So this is the time for small orders.

atab

Re: cpap.com Big Sale

Post by atab » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:35 pm

I just ordered from cpap.com and they charged me usual shipping.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:46 pm

There was a promo code for free shipping
Black16
For Black Friday I assume.
I can't find the expiration date though.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

atab

Post by atab » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:06 pm

cpap.com also holds on to my credit card info. They say I can't remove it since I ordered within last 90 days. Why is that? I don't like stores holding my my credit card info. They have to charge and then remove information. If they are storing information, they have to specifically get my permission.

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:17 pm

atab wrote:cpap.com also holds on to my credit card info. They say I can't remove it since I ordered within last 90 days. Why is that? I don't like stores holding my my credit card info. They have to charge and then remove information. If they are storing information, they have to specifically get my permission.
Check out Bank of Americas shopsafe feature on their credit cards. You can generate a virtual credit card number for a specific date and/or amount range you like (for use on line).

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:21 pm

xyz wrote: I just hate to pay shipping when all I'm ordering is filters.
Genuine filters or cpap.com manufactured filters?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:46 pm

Uncle_Bob wrote: Genuine filters or cpap.com manufactured filters?
They are aftermarket filters. Not name brand but to be fair...I have compared ResMed name brand filters to the cpap.com brand aftermarket filters and if I didn't know the bag each came out of I couldn't tell you which one was what.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Tformhals

Post by Tformhals » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:00 pm

I just ordered some filters, a chin strap, and some mask wipes and used the promo code for free shipping.

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:57 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Uncle_Bob wrote: Genuine filters or cpap.com manufactured filters?
They are aftermarket filters. Not name brand but to be fair...I have compared ResMed name brand filters to the cpap.com brand aftermarket filters and if I didn't know the bag each came out of I couldn't tell you which one was what.
Yes they all look the same but you may have missed my post years ago regarding my own scientific filter comparison tests.
I can't find any filters listed for the S10 on cpap.com that are actually manufactured by Resmed. Polypropylene/acrylic is that OK?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:11 pm

Uncle_Bob wrote:Yes they all look the same but you may have missed my post years ago regarding my own scientific filter comparison tests.
I can't find any filters listed for the S10 on cpap.com that are actually manufactured by Resmed. Polypropylene/acrylic is that OK?
Sorry, I have no idea.
All I have done is "feel" brand name hypoallerginic filters and the aftermarket filters. So looks and touch which isn't real scientific but it's the best I can do.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:37 am

When I first started with my current DME, my filters were packaged in Resmed labeled bags.
Now, I get them in a ziploc snack bag. If they are not Resmed, I cannot tell.
Some day, I may (politely) ask to see the bulk packaging.

papzombie

Post by papzombie » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:16 pm

Shipping to Europe cost 65 Euro, fuck Europe.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:39 pm

atab wrote:cpap.com also holds on to my credit card info. They say I can't remove it since I ordered within last 90 days. Why is that? I don't like stores holding my my credit card info. They have to charge and then remove information. If they are storing information, they have to specifically get my permission.
I don't see a problem. They've had my information for years. And, I just ordered some more mask parts a couple of days ago, but it was over $100, so I didn't have to use the special code. In fact, I've always placed orders larger than $100 to get free shipping.

But, I suspect that the reason they need to keep it for awhile is that if you need to return something, they need your credit card information to credit it back to your card account.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

johnnygoodman

Post by johnnygoodman » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:00 am

Howdy All,

CPAP.com does not store credit card data past the card type, last 4 and the expiration data.

When you enter your credit card, it is encrypted and securely transmitted to our credit card processor, who stores that data and gives us back a token we can redeem to charge you on order shipment.

That same token is used to issue you refunds. When we delete that token and you are due a refund, the process gets involved and inefficient as we don't have the original token which corresponds to the charge. This slows the time to process your refund.

However, if you insist that we delete the auth token from our side, we will do so. You should be aware that this isn't doing what you think it is doing - CPAP.com doesn't have you cc info necessary to charge your card and never did.

You can't delete the credit card information from the credit card processor as there are laws that bind the processor from retaining and reproducing that data on demand of government agencies. If the credit card processor is breached, well, that like the bank getting robbed, the data was in the most secure place is could have been. The recent string of breaches have related to companies storing your full credit card data on their servers, then failing to properly secure it.

Here are FAQs on our credit card and token process: https://www.cpap.com/cpap-faq/Security.html

When you see a saved credit card on your account, those are active and inactive tokens only. A new token is requested upon use of these cards.

Here are FAQs on the topic of CPAP.com credit card security:

https://www.cpap.com/account.php?s=creditcards

In conclusion:

1. You shouldn't do business with companies that store your full and charge-able credit card information to their servers, unless they are level 1 certified. While we take security seriously, we know our limits and we hand off this very important job.

2. Asking CPAP.com to delete your credit card information isn't accurate. We don't have it. We do have your auth tokens. We will delete your auth token but in so doing it will delay processing your refund.

Thanks very much for your trust and your business. We work hard to keep it!

Johnny

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:15 am

I just love the free shipping promos.
For those small items not covered by Medicare, it is most welcome.