setup for a resmed s6 machine

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
dave103069

setup for a resmed s6 machine

Post by dave103069 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:34 pm

Does any know how to setup a resmed s6 machine?

I bought an extra machine and need to configure it with the same settings as my other machine.

The settings on my current are 12CMH20 (what ever that means).

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

RestlessRoper

Post by RestlessRoper » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:02 pm

Someone directed me to this info. Works on S8. I don't know about other Res Med series.
Be sure to hold down the correct buttons. I had a problem with that. It was ll new to me.

ResMed S8 Series
To get into the provider setup mode in a ResMed S8 CPAP machine - such as the S8 Compact, S8 Elite or S8 AutoSet Vantage - follow these steps:

1. press the right and down arrows simultaneously for about 3 seconds until the word "clinical" appears
2. select Menu

Use the left and right arrows to cycle through the settings and use the up and down arrows to make adjustments. Below is a list of settings you can cycle through on an S8 AutoSet Vantage automatic CPAP machine. There are four groups of settings which have adjustments and data within them.

* Settings
o CPAP Mode
o Minimum CPAP Pressure
o Maximum CPAP Pressure
o Maximum Settling / Ramp
o Mask Type
o Tube Length
o Humidifier
o Smart Start
o Leak Alert
* Results
o Efficacy Data
o Usage Data
* Options
o Smart Data
o Reminders
o Factory Defaults
o Erase Data
o Date
o Time
o Menu Type
o Language
* Servicing
o Run Hours
o Serial Number
o PCV Number
o SW Number
o BR Number

"You can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest." Captain Jack Sparrow

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:47 pm

Dave, please PM me your email address.

In the meantime:

ResMed cpap S6

1. machine must be shut off
2. press START and TIMER 20 MINUTES buttons at the same time
3. switch on machine using master switch at the backside of the machine
4. using TIMER 5 MINUTES and TIMER 10 MINUTES buttons increase or decrease pressure (pressure setting is shown on display at reverse side of machine)
5. complete setting by pushing STOP button once
6. now the machine is set to the new pressure and will remember that when being shut off on switched on again
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:59 pm

Ummmmm........

This is a two-year old thread that was resurrected by a spam bot post which I deleted earlier today just before RestlessRoper posted.

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

RestlessRoper

Post by RestlessRoper » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:18 pm

Are you saying we are not supposed to post such information? I did not know that. If it is not to be posted I will not do that again.

Ted

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:24 pm

No, Roper...Den's not saying the info can't be posted. He's just calling our attention to the fact (which I usually notice, but missed this time, myself... LOL!) that dave103069 had posted his request wayyyyyy back in July 2006.

That ancient thread got moved up onto page one simply because a spambot "posted" to the thread recently. Den had used his "Delete Spam" button to get rid of the spambot "post."

You and I simply didn't take note of the date when the original post by dave103069 asked for the settings info.

Doesn't matter, though. The info may help someone else who is reading this now for the first time.
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:25 pm

RestlessRoper wrote:Are you saying we are not supposed to post such information? I did not know that. If it is not to be posted I will not do that again.

Ted
No, I'm not saying that at all. This thread was originally started on July 5th of 2006......almost 2 years ago. One of the spam bots resurrected it and I deleted the post made by the spam bot as you were posting the information.

Hopefully, the original poster got his information way back when.

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

RestlessRoper

Post by RestlessRoper » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:29 pm

I got you. I did not understand the first time around. Thanks

billbolton

Post by billbolton » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:59 pm

RestlessRoper wrote:Someone directed me to this info. Works on S8. I don't know about other Res Med series.
FYI, the S6 is 6+ year old design.... what works for an S8 definitely does not work for an S6.

Cheers,

Bill

Giggles549

THANK YOU!!!

Post by Giggles549 » Thu May 01, 2008 7:50 pm

AWESOME!!! I have a ResMed CPAP S6 Lightweight II (that is about 5 years old to me) and have been looking EVERYWHERE for directions of how to change my pressure setting! I hate dealing with with my supply company, LinCare and I couldn't get my pressure changed without a repeat Sleep Study AND driving 1 hour out to their office to have the setting changed by the nurse. I did have the Sleep Study, my THIRD one!! Results showed best results remain at 6 CM H20 but that has always been my setting for 5 years now! I just don't feel like my machine is working for me like it used to and have wanted to try putting up my pressure just from 6 to 8 before I spend money I don't have for a new machine. No one would let me do it but guess what?! I just did it... MYSELF!! Thank You sooo much!! I shall post tomorrow and let you all know how I sleep tonight!

dsm

Re: THANK YOU!!!

Post by dsm » Fri May 02, 2008 5:24 am

[quote="Giggles549"]AWESOME!!! I have a ResMed CPAP S6 Lightweight II (that is about 5 years old to me) and have been looking EVERYWHERE for directions of how to change my pressure setting! I hate dealing with with my supply company, LinCare and I couldn't get my pressure changed without a repeat Sleep Study AND driving 1 hour out to their office to have the setting changed by the nurse. I did have the Sleep Study, my THIRD one!! Results showed best results remain at 6 CM H20 but that has always been my setting for 5 years now! I just don't feel like my machine is working for me like it used to and have wanted to try putting up my pressure just from 6 to 8 before I spend money I don't have for a new machine. No one would let me do it but guess what?! I just did it... MYSELF!! Thank You sooo much!! I shall post tomorrow and let you all know how I sleep tonight!

xPAP and Quattro std mask (plus a pad-a-cheek anti-leak strap)

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Fri May 02, 2008 5:33 am

You might find a 2 cm jump in pressure from 6 cms to 8 cms more than you needed. I'd be inclined to raise the pressure only 1 cm and stay at that 7 cms for a week before deciding whether to stay there or raise or lower the pressure any more.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

Giggles549

Went to 8

Post by Giggles549 » Sat May 03, 2008 10:44 am

I set my machne to 8 and it was fine, I didn't even really notice the increased pressure but I did wake up to my husbands alarm going off at normal time with my mask still on!! I slept all through the night with my mask on!! That NEVER happens, I always wake up in the middle of the night and rip my mask off and turn off my machine. I very happy now. Thanks again!!

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Sat May 03, 2008 12:02 pm

Good going, Giggles!

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

Ram

Post by Ram » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:58 pm

rested gal wrote: In the meantime:

ResMed cpap S6
1. machine must be shut off
2. press START and TIMER 20 MINUTES buttons at the same time
3. switch on machine using master switch at the backside of the machine
4. using TIMER 5 MINUTES and TIMER 10 MINUTES buttons increase or decrease pressure (pressure setting is shown on display at reverse side of machine)
5. complete setting by pushing STOP button once
6. now the machine is set to the new pressure and will remember that when being shut off on switched on again
This is so helpful as I have an S6 that was set on 13cms pressure and was too high. My new S8 data shows that 95% of the time I need only 10cms presssure and touches 11 or 12 occassionally..

It took me a while to figure out what the reverse side of the S6 was , as I was looking near the plug socket at the back and just realised it was at the bottom as LED display

I have an old Sullivans Rescare cpap and would like to know how I can change the pressure here also to 11 cms. I think it is now on 13cms which is also a bit high.

Higher the pressure higher the leak

Ram
Sleepless in Sydney Australia
http://www.vadclub.com