Still Unhappy Camper, but Better

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Hawthorne

Re: VERY Unhappy Camper - In a BIND Now

Post by Hawthorne » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:25 am

Madalot - I feel so badly for you! You have so much to deal with and now this! I can really empathize with you, I think. I have severe Rheumatoid arthritis (22 years now) and I do a lot of "doctoring" as well. I really dislike it. My husband has to drive me everywhere now. He is in quite good health but he is 84 and I worry about that all the time ---- so I know where you are coming from.

I am certainly thinking about you and hope that you can at least get this doctor situation sorted very soon -- like today would be good!

Jamiswolf - as far as your comment - it was uncalled for to say the very least. You ought to be ashamed of yourself. You should know people's story and think before you make insensitive comments like that. If you don't know their story or understand it, then just shut up! I am very upset about your post. I guess you got that.

Additional Comments:  Backups- FX Nano masks. Backup machine- Airmini auto travel cpap

jdr999

Post by jdr999 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:45 am

Madalot wrote:
jamiswolf wrote:Madalot...your Doctor dies and it's all about you? A little self absorbed are we?

Sorry but this pisses me off.
J
Jamis,

You have been very supportive and helpful to me. And I have appreciated more than you know. I thought you and I were on a good level as far as these types of relationships go.

If you felt this way, why couldn't you just pop me a PM instead of posting this like this? Do you know how cruel it was to publicly chastise me for your belief that I am being self absorbed?

Thanks for embarrassing me publicly. I really needed that.
jamiswolf, that's a little bit hash in my opinion. She's under a lot of pressure right now and is feeling lousy. We all know she feels terrible about what happened to her doctor -- there's no question in my mind at all!

Her concerns are very valid in my book.

Although I do wish she'd have a little more testing done instead of just the current poking and prodding

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:47 am

jamiswolf wrote:Madalot...your Doctor dies and it's all about you? A little self absorbed are we?

Sorry but this pisses me off.
J
Really? That is the most insensitive comment I have seen on this board and it pisses me off to no end. YES it is all about someone in pain needing help and not getting it. The doctor is dead and doesn't need a thing. The family can deal with it with out Madalot's help. Not her responsibility.
Suck it up.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

jdr999

Post by jdr999 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:55 am

Madalot wrote:You're not pestering me. I definitely need to get another evaluation of this, which is what I am trying to do. I'm waiting on a call back from the nurse right now to see what they are recommending I do.
Sometimes medical personnel can know too much about you and miss the obvious. Maybe a fresh set of eyes would help?

Can you go somewhere new and explain your CURRENT symptoms and let them rule out all the usual stuff first?

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:06 am

jdr999 wrote:
Madalot wrote:You're not pestering me. I definitely need to get another evaluation of this, which is what I am trying to do. I'm waiting on a call back from the nurse right now to see what they are recommending I do.
Sometimes medical personnel can know too much about you and miss the obvious. Maybe a fresh set of eyes would help?

Can you go somewhere new and explain your CURRENT symptoms and let them rule out all the usual stuff first?
Out of respect to my doctor's office, I am going to be patient and see what they recommend I do. I'm sure they are frantic, upset and disorganized over this. It's understandable.

IF one of them is agreeable to see me, I'll do that. If I haven't heard by the end of today, I'll start calling other doctors tomorrow to see if one of them will see me.

If need be, I'll go to an Urgent Care. The pain isn't getting any worse (no better either) but obviously if it worsens, an ER trip could be necessary.

Right now, I am playing it by ear.

Thanks for the "pestering" as you put it. I don't feel pestered at all, but probably need to be pushed.

jamiswolf

Re: VERY Unhappy Camper

Post by jamiswolf » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:16 am

deleted by poster
Last edited by jamiswolf on Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jdr999

Post by jdr999 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:25 am

Madalot wrote:Out of respect to my doctor's office, I am going to be patient and see what they recommend I do. I'm sure they are frantic, upset and disorganized over this. It's understandable.
No, I wasn't implying that you jump ship right yet..
Madalot wrote:If need be, I'll go to an Urgent Care.
This is more what I was implying. If your insurance will cover a trip to Urgent Care -- consider it. They can do all the blood work and imaging while you wait. They may find nothing but will be able to positively rule out a number of issues which may help you sleep a bit better.
Madalot wrote:The pain isn't getting any worse (no better either) but obviously if it worsens, an ER trip could be necessary.
If I didn't think I was currently dying I'd be very tempted to skip the ER and head to Urgent Care (at least in my area). They can always get me an ambulance if I really do need the ER (which is only a few miles away).
Madalot wrote:Thanks for the "pestering" as you put it. I don't feel pestered at all, but probably need to be pushed.
Glad you feel that way! Thus I'll continue to add my 2 cents whenever I can

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:31 am

jamiswolf wrote:Look Maddie, I admit I'm a little sensitized to the emotional trauma of death right now, but even the name change of your thread. You're in a "bind" now because of your Doctors death...was too much.

I've seen people face hardship much worse then you face. We all on this thread face hardship.

If my reaction to your posts hurt you, well sorry, I can't take it back. That's just the way I reacted.
Jamis

Well this thread is not about you. How could you be so insensitive? This is the shittiest apology I have read in a long time.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

Hawthorne

Post by Hawthorne » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:19 pm

jamiswolf - you have no idea what Madalot's "hardship" as you put it is!

We may all have other "hardships" that are not part of sleep apnea but sleep apnea is not a real "hardship", if that what you mean, as I put in perspective with my own much worse condition.

This post is not an apology. It is an attempt at justifying your insensitivity. You cannot justify it.

Additional Comments:  Backups- FX Nano masks. Backup machine- Airmini auto travel cpap

jamiswolf

Post by jamiswolf » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:29 pm

deleted by poster
Last edited by jamiswolf on Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robysue

Post by robysue » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:39 pm

BlackSpinner wrote:
jamiswolf wrote:Look Maddie, I admit I'm a little sensitized to the emotional trauma of death right now, but even the name change of your thread. You're in a "bind" now because of your Doctors death...was too much.

I've seen people face hardship much worse then you face. We all on this thread face hardship.

If my reaction to your posts hurt you, well sorry, I can't take it back. That's just the way I reacted.
Jamis

Well this thread is not about you. How could you be so insensitive? This is the shittiest apology I have read in a long time.
I'm with BlackSpinner on this one.

Madalot is in a very difficult position. She's using this forum as a safe place to express some of her very understandable frustrations (or fears) about a very unusual and very unfortunate situation that she finds herself trapped in. How many people have ever been in a situation where:
  • the individual has a little understood chronic, presumably genetic, degenerative neuromuscular disease that remains not fully diagnosed, and
  • because of the fairly far progressed neuromuscular disease most local PCPs are unwilling to take the person on as a patient, and
  • the person is dealing with a new and urgent, but not life threatening ongoing medical problem that appears to be only tangentially related to the chronic condition, but remains undiagnosed, and
  • the trusted PCP who was supposed to be involved in some of the testing for diagnosing the new medical problem dies suddenly over the weekend?
Madalot is treating her PCP's office staff with kindness and says she has a great deal of sympathy and sorrow for the family. Everything she's posted about her contacts with the dead PCP's office have shown that she's been understanding and kind in her interactions with them today.

But the fact remains, Madalot is up the creek without the proverbial paddle and she's posted here both to keep us informed about what's going on with the ongoing medical situation and to express some of the fears she has about what may prove to be a long and frustrating search for a new PCP. It's hardly self-centered to wonder how difficult it's going to be to replace her well-liked PCP in the middle of dealing with a mystery medical complaint that had " 3 neurologists, 1 PT & 1 OT in the room, looking, poking and discussing [her] problems" on Friday with the conclusion being that she needed to get back in touch with her PCP on Monday morning about the possibility of "shingles without the rash."

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:42 pm

Jamis
My FIRST thought was to tell you F off, but that's not who I am. In addition, I can see that you're not really upset with me. You're grieving over your loved one and using me as an outlet. I'm very sorry that you have suffered a recent loss. I've been there and know what it's like.

Both of your posts aren't about me. They are 100% about you and how YOU feel today. Maybe the next time you feel the need to react so harshly to someone's post, you'll stop and ask yourself if it's really about THEM or is it more about YOU. I can see that you won't get to that point any time soon, based on your second post.

I'm sorry that my post and updated title upset you. I was simply sharing my situation. Think about it. I mean, really, really think about it. You're not really angry/upset about my post or title -- you're grieving your own loss.

The difference between what I did and what you did is that mine wasn't intended to cause you (or anyone else) any pain or harm. Your posts, on the other hand, were absolutely intended to cause pain. If you need someone to spew your anger toward, I guess I can take it. What's one more stress on these shoulders?

Again, my condolences on your recent loss.

jamiswolf

Post by jamiswolf » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:49 pm

deleted by poster
Last edited by jamiswolf on Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hawthorne

Post by Hawthorne » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:54 pm

jamiswolf - now you are just attacking everyone who has chastised you for your post.
I expect to be next. By the way, I am a Canadian woman and am not an immigrant.

You should stop while you can. Just think about it and stop.

I guess it makes you feel better. I hope. at least, all this does that.

jamiswolf

Post by jamiswolf » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:57 pm

deleted by poster
Last edited by jamiswolf on Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.