Totally Fed Up Vent

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Stormynights

Re: Totally Fed Up Vent

Post by Stormynights » Sat May 18, 2013 7:17 am

terence999 wrote:Stormy

I had a machine for months that was not even blowing. I though it was great until I realized I was snoring. I thought I had finally found a machine and mask that worked and did not leak much or blow like a horn. I got a new machine and the hurricane started again.
I don't think anyone believes me but why would I make this up? I am a real person. I have feelings. I am not so stupid I can't tell if air is blowing.
Edited I was wrong about terence and I owe him an apology. I am truly sorry I misjudged your response.

Last edited by Stormynights on Fri May 24, 2013 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

49er

Post by 49er » Sat May 18, 2013 7:26 am

Avi123,

Here is a challenge for you. Can you go at least a week without saying something nasty on this board? I realize that can be a subjective issue but when several people keep commenting that your posts fit the description, in my opinion, you have a big time problem.

49er

Nooblakahn

Post by Nooblakahn » Sat May 18, 2013 7:56 am

avi123 wrote: You been posting twisted scientific data for a least a year. Do you remember, Muffy, at that time gave you hell for it and even called you .........?
Any credibility you have was blown when you posted your first comment berating the op. You realize cyber bullying like you did above can cause psychological harm? Very very unhelpful... especially when someone is looking for support? What ails you? What is the goal to be had by such rude behavior? Comments such as those can run people off websites such as these, or worse cause them to harm themselves...

Stormy ignore this fool (meaning add him to your foe list). I hope you get it all sorted out. Insurance companies are a royal pita. I feel bad for my wife that has to deal with them on a daily basis due to her job duties.

Last edited by Nooblakahn on Sat May 18, 2013 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I wonder if I've been changed in the night. Let me think. Was I the same when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different."
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Kate M

Post by Kate M » Sat May 18, 2013 8:16 am

49er wrote:Avi123,

Here is a challenge for you. Can you go at least a week without saying something nasty on this board? I realize that can be a subjective issue but when several people keep commenting that your posts fit the description, in my opinion, you have a big time problem.

49er

+1

I have noticed that avi repeatedly goes back to edit his nasty posts afterwards. This tells me he KNOWS he was out of line,(and maybe wants to eliminate the evidence before someone quotes him?) but offers no apology and then does the same thing in another thread very soon afterwards.

It's a pattern, avi, that I have seen in a very short time here. I like 49er's challenge. Will you take it?

On Waking by John O'Donohue
I give thanks for arriving/ Safely in a new dawn/ for the gift of eyes/ To see the world/ The gift of mind/ To feel at home/ In my life...

Stormynights

Post by Stormynights » Sat May 18, 2013 8:31 am

Everyone knows a certain someone loves to be an ass. He must lead a very sad life. I wish him well.

My life is just out of control now. I have way too much on my mind. Yesterday was the anniversary of a very close friend's death. Today would have been his birthday. I have people living with me that I don't want here. I try to be the best I can be but I fail. My husband is going to have to have to have surgery for a possible melanoma again. I am stressed. I told too many people too much about my life so now I think most think I am either crazy or a liar.

I have found a lot of nice people here that have helped me so much and for that I will always be grateful. I am not going to mention names for fear of missing someone that needs a thank you. I just want you to know that I do appreciate all the help. I just have to realize that there isn't going to be any changes any time soon so I need to learn to accept that. I also need to learn to stop bothering everyone with my problems.

Best wishes

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat May 18, 2013 8:44 am

While waiting to check the pressure delivered on the S9 machine..you were using EPR of 3 if I remember correctly...that 3 cm drop during exhale does drop the overall average pressure being delivered so maybe reduce EPR or increase the pressure being delivered to help compensate for that reduction????
I don't remember your pressure needs but your husband has been using relatively very low pressure and may not be getting adequate therapy at the levels used (I know it was a comfort issue for him) and it's possible that his insomnia and headaches are from sub optimal therapy.

It doesn't explain why it would happen to you unless you also maybe needed a little more pressure to achieve optimal results.
That EPR reduction is much more dramatic of a reduction than the similar setting on the PR S1 happens to reduce.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

jdm2857

Post by jdm2857 » Sat May 18, 2013 8:54 am

Have you had your machine checked out by your DME?

ResMed's warranty for machines is for 2 years for the original owner, so you should do this post haste.
You must go through a DME to make a warranty claim.

They replaced my S8 after about 1 1/2 years when it began shutting down in the middle of the night.
jeff

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Sat May 18, 2013 9:01 am

Stormynights wrote: I have found a lot of nice people here that have helped me so much and for that I will always be grateful. I am not going to mention names for fear of missing someone that needs a thank you. I just want you to know that I do appreciate all the help. I just have to realize that there isn't going to be any changes any time soon so I need to learn to accept that. I also need to learn to stop bothering everyone with my problems.

Best wishes
Life can be a soap opera, in fact it can make soap operas look tame and wishy washy. If it helps you to vent then do so, you are not responsible for idiots who can't grasp that life can be full of challenges that they have never experienced.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat May 18, 2013 9:09 am

---and somebody needs to dial back on the Androgel.
Overdosing will NOT make it work; and it's NOT our fault!
Avi: take YOUR pity party somewhere else!

DJD52

Post by DJD52 » Sat May 18, 2013 11:56 am

DoriC wrote:
Stormynights wrote:
avi123 wrote:You post sentences that don't make sense to me such as: I can't figure out why a change of machine would cause insomnia or stop it.

Do you understand what Insomnia is, and if yes, how could a change of machine start or stop it?

Another question: do you assume that reading your posts while being disturbed by that silly Avatar would help you?
Avi, Is there any purpose for your rude comment? Speaking of disturbed.....
Thank you Dori for stating that so well!!

DJ

Stormynights

Post by Stormynights » Sat May 18, 2013 12:27 pm

jdm2857 wrote:Have you had your machine checked out by your DME?

ResMed's warranty for machines is for 2 years for the original owner, so you should do this post haste.
You must go through a DME to make a warranty claim.

They replaced my S8 after about 1 1/2 years when it began shutting down in the middle of the night.
No one is going to check the pressure on my machine. I made a 90 mile round trip to get it checked but they refused to check it. Told me if it was blowing it was working. I turned off EPR on both machines and set the pressure on straight 6. The pressure is not the same on the two machines. I know unscientific but that is the best way I had to check it. I am very depressed. It doesn't matter anymore. I am just too tired of worrying about it.

Bye Bye

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat May 18, 2013 12:45 pm

Threaten to sic a lawyer on them.

StuUnderPressure

Post by StuUnderPressure » Sat May 18, 2013 1:22 pm

Stormynights wrote:
DoriC wrote:It's probably too simple but you are using clean filters, right?
Thank you for the reply. I even use those inline filters.
The online filter AKA the Actibacterial filter should really only be used when more than 1 patient is using the same machine (i.e. in a medical setting).

Page 27 of the 2011-09 Version of the Clinical Guide states:

Antibacterial filters are not compatible with the ClimateLine, ClimateLine Max, or Slimline tubing but can be used with the standard air tubing.
Antibacterial filters increase resistance in the air circuit and may affect accuracy of displayed and delivered pressure, particularly at high flows.

SD Card Formatter 5.0.2 https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/format ... index.html

jencat824

Post by jencat824 » Sat May 18, 2013 1:36 pm

I could not find a pressure meter on cpap.com, I know I bought mine there, but they must not carry them anymore. Below is a link to another site that does have one at a very reasonable price. I checked the pressure on my old series M & it did state correct pressure. Also checked my Icon & it always read a little off. My PR S1 560 reads correct pressure, so I know it is accurate.

You might want to try this, its inexpensive & might solve part of the problem.

http://www.directhomemedical.com/AGCPM1 ... meter.html

Rant if you need to, we all get frustrated from time to time & if it helps I'm glad to listen.

Jen

Other masks I've tried: *=liked, #= no way
Piliaro, SleepWeaver Elan*, Swift FX w&w/o Bella Loops#, OpitLife#,Simplicity*, Mirage Vista*, Go Life for Her#, IQ (original hg only)*, Quattro FX (barely)###, Wisp*, Nuance#, Swift LT for her**

Stormynights

Post by Stormynights » Sat May 18, 2013 1:40 pm

That is probably my problem. We live on a dirt road and dust is a real problem at our house. I always keep our filters changed twice a week. I just use the inline as extra protection. I didn't use the inline filter with my experiment and I don't use it with the heated hose. In fact I didn't use that hose this winter at all because we had such a mild winter. It is probably dust that screwed up the machine. Thanks to everyone for their replies.