GOT MY BUCKWHEAT PILLOW TODAY!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
louspeachy

GOT MY BUCKWHEAT PILLOW TODAY!

Post by louspeachy » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:55 pm

I got my buckwheat pillow today and am anxious to give it a try tonight. I ordered the covers seperately so I just dug around in the linen closet and found the biggest cases I have and double cased the pillow (for what it cost, I don't want to do any damage to it...LOLOL). I will give feedback tomorrow and ongoing about it. It DOES appear that it will be "noisy". Now whether it bothers me or not is another story.

My husband had me order a "millet/buckwheat combo pillow" that is millet on one side and buckwheat on the other. I got a smaller size (Japanese Pillow) for him but will order a standard size if need be for him. I will offer feedback on that also when I get it.

Louise
"Any day above ground is a good one."

ozze_dollar

Re: GOT MY BUCKWHEAT PILLOW TODAY!

Post by ozze_dollar » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:32 am

Good luck. sound like it might be a bit hard on the face.

louspeachy

Post by louspeachy » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:59 am

My fedback on night #1 of my new pillow......I LOVE IT!

I was able to get a leak free mask all night. Put my head on the edge of the pillow (noisey only for a few seconds), used my hand to adjust the hulls and my pillow was PERFECT! I like to sleep on my back occasionally but my bed is old and have lower back pain. I was able to sleep on my back in complete comfort last night.

I bought my pillow from beans72 and it is much heavier than most of the others available out there. You can add to or remove hulls for your needs.

Louise

TalonNYC

Post by TalonNYC » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:17 am

Great to hear about the success! I love my buckwheat pillow as well, and have used one for many years before CPAP started. The hulls just seem to get out of the way o the mask as you move around.

louspeachy

Post by louspeachy » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:26 am

AND, if the pillow isn't quite right, move a few hulls around and you are set to go!

TalonNYC

Post by TalonNYC » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:41 am

and the best part, flip the pillow over and you "reset" the whole thing so you can move things into a different configuration =)

louspeachy

Post by louspeachy » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:03 pm

Heading into night 2 with buckwheat pillow.

Tonight I have the added pleasure of lavender and rose sachets in with the buckwheat!

Louise relaxing with aromotherapy

gasp

Post by gasp » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:27 pm

Is it cooler than a regular pillow? That's my only complaint with my Tempurapedic - well actually one of two. It's warm - and it isn't as pure as the hulls.

louspeachy

Post by louspeachy » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:34 pm

Since this is only night 2 for me, all I can say is that I slept cool with no complaints last night. It is so easy to "adjust" the pillow that if you got hot, a little nudge or two and you are good to go.

Louise

gasp

Post by gasp » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:09 pm

louspeachy wrote:Since this is only night 2 for me, all I can say is that I slept cool with no complaints last night. It is so easy to "adjust" the pillow that if you got hot, a little nudge or two and you are good to go.

Louise
Cool LOL

louspeachy

Post by louspeachy » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:32 am

Night 2 of my new pillow....it just gets better!! Another night of being able to sleep on my back with no lower back pain and no mask leaks when on my side.

I DID have 2 remove the "rose sachets" from my pillow. The lavender are fine (natural, organic lavendar) but the rose scent was artificial and gave me a headache less than 5 minutes into bedtime. I thought it was just rose petals but the artificial fragrance isn't anything I can use. I will go back to Ebay and order some more lavender since it is a big pillow and I want to be able to smell the scent more at night.

LOVE MY PILLOW!!!

Louise in Hot Houston!!

louspeachy

Post by louspeachy » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:26 am

ANOTHER GREAT NIGHT ON MY NEW PILLOW! The lavender is heavenly and very relaxing.

Louise

DreamOn

Post by DreamOn » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:57 am

I use this small buckwheat hull pillow made by Snugglehose: https://www.cpap.com/productpage/snuggl ... illow.html. I love it! It's just the right size, and my neck is at the perfect angle for comfort. I also have a large buckwheat hull pillow, but I haven't used that one for awhile. I think I'll try that again.

louspeachy

Post by louspeachy » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:45 am

DreamOn wrote:I use this small buckwheat hull pillow made by Snugglehose: https://www.cpap.com/productpage/snuggl ... illow.html. I love it! It's just the right size, and my neck is at the perfect angle for comfort. I also have a large buckwheat hull pillow, but I haven't used that one for awhile. I think I'll try that again.

I bought my pillow from beans72. It is heavier than any buckwheat pillow I have ever seen and you have the ability to remove/add to it. I am sure there are a lot of great buckwheat pillows out there but my business will always be with this company.

My husbands millet/buckwheat (one filling on each side) will be here tomorrow. He is DYING to try it!!

Louise who is looking forward to rain in Houston later this week

DreamOn

Post by DreamOn » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:30 am

I can add/remove hulls from both my small and large buckwheat hull pillows too, and the zippered covers are washable. I slept with the larger one, which is the size of a standard bed pillow, last night. It was fine, but I think I prefer the smaller one. That may be because I probably need to remove a few more hulls from the larger, though.

Did your husband buy the Bucky Duo (buckwheat & millet hulls) or another one? I've spent a fortune on pillows since starting CPAP—and I am happy with the one I use now—but I've been tempted by that Duo for a long time! I hope he likes his new pillow.