CPAP Machine Data

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Quirky

CPAP Machine Data

Post by Quirky » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:36 pm

I started on CPAP in January. I'm having lots of problems adjusting, although I doubt anything that's not been discussed in this forum. I've been reading here a few days now and am very glad to have found you! I have been dealing with multiple health issues and am trying now to get more focused addressing on the moderate apnea and PAP compliance. I surely appreciate all your contributions (although I can't possibly read and absorb all that's here in a short period).

I think I'm finally getting clear on the different types of machines. I'm understanding that the smart card in my PR System One CPAP machine provides no data except the hours used, to check compliance. Can you confirm for me that is correct? (I pulled the only model name similar to mine off the list of equipment for my profile, although I find no letter number combination like the one listed on my machine or in my pamphlet.) No bi-level, no A or C flex.

I think I want something different from what I was given - an APAP with smart card that will give me data. One reason is that I have some lung issues (supposedly my scan will be explained to me after an upcoming biopsy to rule out the worst possibility), and for example, last night I could not use the CPAP because every time I tried the mask, I felt like I couldn't breathe, couldn't get enough air. Sometimes, I have awakened like that, but haven't had that to start before, or at least not that I recall. I didn't use it after those attempts last night. (I have had some full nights, but darn few.)

I am also wondering if it is normal to have air coming out the front of the mask where the hose attaches into it - ? It's not a lot, but I don't recall that until recently... unless maybe I just noticed it recently? Should it be blocked? I thought I should try to stop that air from releasing, but now am doubting myself.

JDS74

Re: CPAP Machine Data

Post by JDS74 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:53 pm

Gone

Last edited by JDS74 on Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oracle 452 Lessons Learned Updated
DSX900 AutoSV with HC150 extra humidifier and Hibernite heated hose
Settings: EPAP Min-10.0, EPAP Max-17, PS Min-3, PS Max-10, Max Pressure-20, Rate-Auto, Biflex-1.
Sleepyhead and Encore Pro 2.21.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:59 pm

Quirky wrote:I am also wondering if it is normal to have air coming out the front of the mask where the hose attaches into it - ? It's not a lot, but I don't recall that until recently... unless maybe I just noticed it recently? Should it be blocked? I thought I should try to stop that air from releasing, but now am doubting myself.
This is the vent. It helps push out the air we exhale that is laden with carbon dioxide. You probably just noticed it.
Its normal and it is definitely needed and not to be blocked.

Regarding your machine.. Do you see anything else besides PR System One CPAP? Plus? Pro? anything else?
Plus, no data except hours of use on the data card. Pro, more data available.
Do you know how to get into the clinician menu to check for data?

If not, this link shows how. Be careful, it is here where pressures can be changed.

http://www.apneaboard.com/PR-System-One ... -Setup.htm

Last edited by Pugsy on Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I may have to RISE but I refuse to SHINE.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Quirky

Post by Quirky » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:00 pm

Did that, but obviously messed up - will try again.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:01 pm

Quirky wrote:Did that, but obviously messed up - will try again.
Must save the changes..to get them to stick.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Quirky

Post by Quirky » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:07 pm

Just Phillips Electronics REMstar System One.
Integrated heated humidifier - slides in and out.
Mirage SoftGel nasal mask with headgear.

And duh, I can't find the control panel. I "lost" it once before and found it again, but can't find it now. Help??? I thought I did save the equipment info, but apparently not.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:16 pm

The User control panel is not available until you register. It is normally in the upper left corner, right under the Blue banner.

Did you register under another SN?

Emilia

Post by Emilia » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:20 pm

OP needs to register and log in to have access to the User Control Panel in the upper left under the search window. You won't see that unless you are registered member and have logged in....then your user name will be blue not black.

Yes, that blue eyed beauty is my cat! He is a seal point, bi-color Ragdoll. I adopted him in '08 from folks who could no longer care for him. He is a joy and makes me smile each and every day.

Quirky

Post by Quirky » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:21 pm

I checked per clinician instructions (thank you - I didn't know how to do that). All I get is a short list including whether humidifier is on or off, the ramp #, whether the humidifier backlight is on (it's set at off).
The compliance info doesn't have a start date, but after Days is the number 4. I have certainly used it many more days than that! What's up?

OP??? Registered earlier, and yes, under another name, which I couldn't find a way to change.

Emilia

Post by Emilia » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:25 pm

Quirky... your name is showing up in black which means you haven't logged into the forum officially.... once you do, you will have access to the User Control Panel as well as all features of the forum.

Yes, that blue eyed beauty is my cat! He is a seal point, bi-color Ragdoll. I adopted him in '08 from folks who could no longer care for him. He is a joy and makes me smile each and every day.

RestLessLass
Location: One of those areas termed The North Country. Uppermost NYS, an hr from Montreal

Post by RestLessLass » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:27 pm

Using the name I registered with, my equipment should show now... maybe...
"Life's not about waiting for the storms to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain."
~Vivian Greene

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:32 pm

Quirky wrote:OP??? Registered earlier, and yes, under another name, which I couldn't find a way to change.
Already registered? Try log in again under that SN, if password forgotten, follow prompts to get a new password.
Once registered there is a choice to "stay logged in" I forget exact words. So that you don't have go to the trouble of logging in each time and forgetting something.

No other information on the top of your machine in the silver area above LCD display??? Anything at all?
Model number from the bottom or side maybe??

Sounds like if you didn't see any data when you went to the clinician menu that you may be right about it being the very basic model. The data card may not show anything except hours of use. If we could ascertain the exact model you are using then you would know for sure.

How many nights have you used the machine and approximate number of hours per night?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:34 pm

You are up and running now.

Yep, compliance only data machine. Hours or days of use. Base model, cheapest they could give you.

How long have you had it? Did I see that you have Medicare?

RestLessLass
Location: One of those areas termed The North Country. Uppermost NYS, an hr from Montreal

Post by RestLessLass » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:58 pm

I can't give you exact days/hours of use without going through a (partial) log. In the beginning, including very first night, I would lie there awake to get my four hours in, but couldn't keep doing that. Ran into a problem with a cold 2-3 nights, up roaming with insomnia some nights, up and down with nerve pain some nights, could not tolerate it with severe TMD pain some nights , other nights would wake up dry and gasping or all stuffed up. Some nights that I woke up I got it back on. Other nights, I didn't -- sometimes was too foggy from meds, or exhausted from not sleeping prior nights and not being able to sleep earlier that same night then sleepig unexpectedly, or encountered a problem with something twisted or whatever when in such a state, or yes, gave up on it for that night.

But I haven't given up for days at a time. I haven't got a lot of full nights in, but certainly more than 4! (Night before last, I used it all night.) And there were a lot of nights I was able to get the minimum four hours in.

I am not a mouth breather. (Sleep Lab checked this too.)

Maybe I should return the rental and just purchase it myself, to be free of the regs hanging over me?
~Vivian Greene

RestLessLass

Post by RestLessLass » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:11 pm

Pugsy, I didn't answer your question about how long I've had it. Date was 1/3/11.
~Vivian Greene