Resmed™ S9 Climateline hose durability

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
billbolton

Re: Resmed™ S9 Climateline hose durability

Post by billbolton » Wed May 19, 2010 9:13 pm

DreamDiver wrote:This is the one that should have been included with the S9 when we bought it.
It is the one which is included in S9 product shipments outside of North America.
DreamDiver wrote:The only reason to develop a disposable tank is purely to create more sales.
Its more likely that it is yet another arcane outcome driven in some way or other from FDA regulations (your Government at work for you).

Cheers,

Bill

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Thu May 20, 2010 2:09 pm

billbolton wrote:
DreamDiver wrote:This is the one that should have been included with the S9 when we bought it.
It is the one which is included in S9 product shipments outside of North America.
DreamDiver wrote:The only reason to develop a disposable tank is purely to create more sales.
Its more likely that it is yet another arcane outcome driven in some way or other from FDA regulations (your Government at work for you).

Cheers,

Bill
I actually called Resmed customer service to ask about this as i know they ship the dishwasher safe one in the UK as standard too. The rep had no idea so she transferred me to a technician. The tech had no idea also.

I'm not sure that it would be due to an FDA issue as the tanks are available for purchase

WillSucceed

Post by WillSucceed » Fri May 21, 2010 6:07 am

I got a call yesterday from the ResMed guy here in Toronto telling me that ResMed has caught up with hose supply; I should be able to get a Climate-line in a couple of days. Given that supply always gets to the US before it gets to Canada, you folks in the USA who are waiting for ResMed hoses should be able to get them now.
Buy a new hat, drink a good wine, treat yourself, and someone you love, to a new bauble, live while you are alive... you never know when the mid-town bus is going to have your name written across its front bumper!

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Fri May 21, 2010 10:04 am

WillSucceed wrote:I got a call yesterday from the ResMed guy here in Toronto telling me that ResMed has caught up with hose supply; I should be able to get a Climate-line in a couple of days. Given that supply always gets to the US before it gets to Canada, you folks in the USA who are waiting for ResMed hoses should be able to get them now.
And if anyone could post a picture of the new design that would be great

lufc1953

Post by lufc1953 » Mon May 31, 2010 4:12 am

Anyone got update on the new hose, I bought the s9 last week with climate control and my hose is already split, don't really want to buy another hose yet if this is the quality of the product.

Disco

Post by Disco » Mon May 31, 2010 7:18 am

my standard hose split after one month, and replaced under warranty from my retailer. The new climate line has lasted o.k, but I think you need to be wary how you remove it from the S9. Be gentle.

lufc1953

Post by lufc1953 » Mon May 31, 2010 7:36 am

I will get in touch with retailer tomorrow and see if they will swap the hose, bank holiday today so they will be shut, can I just use the normal hose till I get another heated hose

yikagian@yahoo.gr

Re: Resmed™ S9 error//heated tube falt replace tube

Post by yikagian@yahoo.gr » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:58 pm

i use the sa9 since 12 august because the slim line tube was brocken, i bue a climatate tube and after 3-4 hours the machine stops and the message // error-heated tube fault replace tube //. this is happening every night .the temperature i use is 23 % celsius. is there anybody having the same problem?

LoQ

Re: Resmed™ S9 error//heated tube falt replace tube

Post by LoQ » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:05 pm

yikagian@yahoo.gr wrote:i use the sa9 since 12 august because the slim line tube was brocken, i bue a climatate tube and after 3-4 hours the machine stops and the message // error-heated tube fault replace tube //. this is happening every night .the temperature i use is 23 % celsius. is there anybody having the same problem?
This thread may be helpful to you:
viewtopic/t55609/Resmed-S9-H5is-and-Cli ... ubing.html

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:36 pm

Will the respironics white performance hose work with the S9 elite?
I really don't want the spend twice as much for a POS.

DreamDiver

Post by DreamDiver » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:13 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:Will the respironics white performance hose work with the S9 elite?
I really don't want the spend twice as much for a POS.
Any regular cpap hose will work. While the slimline hose comes with the S9, it uses the same inner diameter connector as a regular hose. Just be sure to keep the protective cover over the climateline hose electronic connector. A hose cover will be more important with a regular hose to prevent rainout, of course. If you're relatively gentle with your hoses, the climateline hose is does add a level of comfort that may be worth the extra money. If you run through hoses in a month or two, you probably won't want to buy the climateline hose. As a regular user of the climateline, I wouldn't exactly call it a POS. i like it a lot, but it is delicate. If I were to elect not to buy the climateline hose, I would prefer the white performance hose over the slimline that comes with the S9.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:26 pm

I actually plan to get both.
Insurance for the expensive one; my dime for the respironics white.
The slimline that came with my S9 Elite lasted just barely over 3 months--the DME replaced it free.
The next non-heated hose will be something less expensive and hopefully more durable.
I intend to reinforce the couplings on the Climateline with X-Treme tape if possible.

freidabee@gmail.com

Post by freidabee@gmail.com » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:04 pm

I had the same problem with the cuff tearing off right at the base so I got some Coban at the drugstore and wrapped it around the ends to hold it together. It's the elastic self adhering bandage wrap use as one would an ace wrap and easier to use than tape. You can take it off if you need to without damaging the tubing or just leave it on even when you wash the tube.

freidabee

Post by freidabee » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:33 pm

["freidabee"]I had the same problem with the cuff tearing off right at the base so I got some elastic self adhering bandage wrap use as one would an ace wrap and easier to use than tape. You can take it off if you need to without damaging the tubing or just leave it on even when you wash the tube.[/quote]

xenablue

Post by xenablue » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:45 pm

I have a Resmed slimline hose - not even 3 weeks old that split right near the rubber collar, sometime on day 2 or 3. When I went to have my mask changed out, I was told I'd have to purchase a new one for $42!!!! I could buy a climateline for $51.

Am I being taken for a ride?? Aren't hoses under 90-day warranty or something? Not to mention the price of course. Who knows whether I pulled the hose to cause the problem, or it just spontaneously separated?

Would appreciate any comments here.

Xenablue