I have a couple questions for you guys that track data

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jnk

Re: I have a couple questions for you guys that track data

Post by jnk » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:06 pm

Hawthorne wrote:Sorry if you took my comment the wrong way! It was simply an observation.

I enjoyed Carbonman's "enlightening" post but still think we are now talking to ourselves, which is fine with me if you want to do that.
I appreciated your post, Hawthorne. I just enjoy being silly.

I don't have the self-discipline not to sit in the back of the classroom and throw paper wads back and forth with carbonman when a young substitute teacher from the DME (Mr. Mike) heads up the thread.

Carbonman and I may cause a little trouble now and then, but I want everyone to know that we're still hoping to ace the spelling/grammar test at the end of this semester.

carbonman

Post by carbonman » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:56 pm

jnk wrote: I don't have the self-discipline not to sit in the back of the classroom and throw paper wads back and forth with carbonman when a young substitute teacher from the DME (Mr. Mike) heads up the thread.

I had to leave the room to for this one.

jnk wrote:Carbonman and I may cause a little trouble now and then, but I want everyone to know that we're still hoping to ace the spelling/grammar test at the end of this semester.
No problem, bro....I'll loan you my notes.
"If your therapy is improving your health but you're not doing anything
to see or feel those changes, you'll never know what you're capable of."
I said that.

yardbird

Post by yardbird » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:20 pm

We pause to honor
The stream of wisdom
That flows within each living thing
And guides us on our journey

That wisdom flows through each of us
It is always available
If we have opened ourselves
To experience it

This is a time of opening,
To experience our wisdom streams.
Remember deep within
When the student is ready
The teacher comes.

When questions are asked
Answers always are there
For us to hear
For teachers are everywhere.

Each one of us has something to teach
Each one of us has something to learn
Let each of us be open now.

jnk

Post by jnk » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:43 pm

I can't believe you just made me look up "grammer" to be sure. I'm such a sucker!

carbonman

Post by carbonman » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:53 pm

jnk wrote:I can't believe you just made me look up "grammer" to be sure. I'm such a sucker!
"If your therapy is improving your health but you're not doing anything
to see or feel those changes, you'll never know what you're capable of."
I said that.

ColinP

Post by ColinP » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:47 pm

DreamStalker wrote:So should we just ignore your post? According to Merriam, "unintelligent" and "uneducated" are accepted as solid words and therefore should not be hyphenated.
Please do, it'll be so much less messy than me falling on my sword.

roster

Post by roster » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:28 pm

carbonman wrote: ..........
1 jackass to reply to the first message 6 months later and relaunch the whole freakin' ordeal!

I marked it on my calendar.

travismcgee wrote: ........In summary it was a lack of respect from the DME regarding how educated the patient should be that motivated me to take control of my own therapy. ........
Three years reading posts and I finally learned what DMEs are good for.

I have a vision that we will figure out an easy way to ensure that children develop wide, deep, healthy and attractive jaws and then obstructive sleep apnea becomes an obscure bit of history.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ycw4uaX ... re=related

kteague

Post by kteague » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:44 am

Yardbird,

Spoken like a wise old (yard)bird! The quotes below are not directed at anyone's specific posts, just quotes that came to mind after Yardbird's inspiration. I'm guessing Mike is at least still reading if not commenting. I wouldn't want to either because it's like jumping in the line of fire.

I admit to in the past having a prejudice regarding the intellect of those who misuse words like your and you're, or there, their and they're. I mean, if I could understand why couldn't they? And in much of society, that's not an unusual perception. In living I've seen some remarkably intelligent people who really didn't know the rules of using these words, or just don't stop to think about it. I guess they were more focused on retaining things like advanced mathmetics or Latin in med school or computer programming - things I could never get my mind around. I still notice when others make errors, and think in some cases they could represent themselves better, but I don't attach any other significance to it. We're all smart about the things we know, and not about the things we don't.

Mike, hope you're not too shaken on a personal level by how this thread has gone. Take from it that which will benefit you, and grow. Shoot, even my mean ex husband spoke some truths about me that helped me grow.

Kathy

P.S. Yes, I know some with a REAL command of the English language could eat me alive.

On Knowledge:
"I know that I know a lot. I also know that I don't know a lot more."
On Wisdom:
"Others are generally quite impressed with my insight. That is, until they observe my gift
works only when looking outward and not inward."
On Humility:
"If rights to arrogance were earned, it would be a small club indeed."
On Awareness:
"Calling you a know-it-all didn't make me right or any smarter."
On Humor:
"Life could have been much more fun had it not been for missed opportunities. I certainly gave
myself plenty of opportunities to laugh."
On Strength:
"When someone's opinion of you threatens to change your mind about yourself, draw on your inner
child and scream, "You're not the boss of me!"

mars

Post by mars » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:37 am

Reading this thread the following came to mind -

"You know, I reckon that we folks are the only one's who know what we are on about.

Just me and thee...................

........................................And I've got my doubts about thee."

Old English saying.
for an an easier, cheaper and travel-easy sleep apnea treatment :D

http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic/t7020 ... rapy-.html

roster

Post by roster » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:13 am

Funny, I just this moment received an email with the subject line, "Clinically Proven Natural Diapbetes Management."

Now I know it is just a typo, but do you think I will open it and read it? Delete.

I have a vision that we will figure out an easy way to ensure that children develop wide, deep, healthy and attractive jaws and then obstructive sleep apnea becomes an obscure bit of history.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ycw4uaX ... re=related

DoriC

Post by DoriC » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:44 am

Yardbird and Kathy, Thanks, I'm so glad this thread is going in the right direction now. I'm feeling better about all of us now.
Rooster, Can't help it, you make me laugh.

"Do or Do Not-There Is No Try"-"Yoda"
"We are what we repeatedly do,so excellence
is not an act but a habit"-"Aristotle"
DEAR HUBBY BEGAN CPAP 9/2/08

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:51 am

I guess they were more focused on retaining things like advanced mathmetics or Latin in med school or computer programming - things I could never get my mind around.
Exactly and English is such a bloody illogical messy language that has, unlike some European languages, not been brought into 1900th century, never mind the 21st. Plus which version do you want spell checked?
If people have problems with what they perceive as incorrect English then they should take responsibility for their issues and get some counseling. They should look at the rest of their lives, are they fixing their own cars? are they fully uptodate with all technology? Are their houses as green as possible? Do they know where their children are?

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

roster

Post by roster » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:19 am

BlackSpinner wrote:.........If people have problems with what they perceive as incorrect English then they should take responsibility for their issues and get some counseling. ........
If that has been declared a disease, I am sure big pharma will have a capsule soon.

ColinP

Post by ColinP » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:41 pm

BlackSpinner wrote:If people have problems with what they perceive as incorrect English then they should take responsibility for their issues and get some counseling. They should look at the rest of their lives, are they fixing their own cars? are they fully uptodate with all technology? Are their houses as green as possible? Do they know where their children are?
What has servicing your car got to do with poor grammar? Or are you trying to say that all mechanics have poor grammar? I'm not at all sure what your point post is trying to make, except for the fact that you reserve the right to speak poorly and be misunderstood, which seems an odd sort of thing to be quite that militant about. Don't worry, I'll go off and find a grammar counsellor and deal with my issues - I'm sure I'm not able to hold up my end of an argument with you on the subject.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:22 pm

ColinP wrote:
BlackSpinner wrote:If people have problems with what they perceive as incorrect English then they should take responsibility for their issues and get some counseling. They should look at the rest of their lives, are they fixing their own cars? are they fully uptodate with all technology? Are their houses as green as possible? Do they know where their children are?
What has servicing your car got to do with poor grammar? Or are you trying to say that all mechanics have poor grammar? I'm not at all sure what your point post is trying to make, except for the fact that you reserve the right to speak poorly and be misunderstood, which seems an odd sort of thing to be quite that militant about. Don't worry, I'll go off and find a grammar counsellor and deal with my issues - I'm sure I'm not able to hold up my end of an argument with you on the subject.
As I noted previously, the reader has just as much responsibility to be intelligent and educated enough to understand the meaning of the writer.

My understanding of her post (which appears to be written with proper spelling and grammar) is that if someone expects perfection of the English language, then they should also expect perfection of themselves with anything and everything they do in life (including the repair and maintenance of the auto they drive or interpreting what they may write or read).
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.