Ot- 2020 memes

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
babydinosnoreless

Re: Ot- 2020 memes

Post by babydinosnoreless » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:42 pm

66B0767A-482A-4EA1-96BD-D43C75282FB9.jpeg

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:35 am

Good one, Dino! :lol: :lol:

How many times have I watched that movie! :shock:

kbh209

Post by kbh209 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:12 pm

IMG_1592.JPG
Phillips Dreamstation 2 Auto CPAP with Humidifier **

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:58 pm

Poll: Are you in favor of mandatory vacations?
~.jpg

kbh209

Post by kbh209 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:20 pm

No, I'll never agree to mandatory vaccines, and this comes from someone who vaccinates.

Edit: Oh crap I misread. LOL. I need a mandatory vacation :P
Last edited by kbh209 on Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phillips Dreamstation 2 Auto CPAP with Humidifier **

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:47 pm

She said "vacations", I suspect the kind otherwise known as "sick leave"--or quarantine.
Often caused by the failure to get vaccinated.
Missed that one, didn't ya?
Requiring vaccination will not be necessary, because we can do quite well without those who prefer getting sick.

JayDee

Post by JayDee » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:13 pm

Just pick a narrative already...
CoronaVirus_68.jpg
CoronaVirus_68.jpg (41.88 KiB) Viewed 1101 times
If you're not having a good time, *DO* something about it.

zonker

Post by zonker » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:50 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:47 pm
She said "vacations", I suspect the kind otherwise known as "sick leave"--or quarantine.
Often caused by the failure to get vaccinated.
Missed that one, didn't ya?
Requiring vaccination will not be necessary, because we can do quite well without those who prefer getting sick.
omg!

that went RIGHT over my head.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:32 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:58 pm
Poll: Are you in favor of mandatory vacations?

No, but I'm in favour of mandatory vasectomies.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:15 am

JayDee wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:13 pm
If you really believe that, you are poorly informed.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:18 am

kbh209 wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:20 pm
No, I'll never agree to mandatory vaccines, and this comes from someone who vaccinates.

Edit: Oh crap I misread. LOL. I need a mandatory vacation :P
:lol: :lol: Thanks for playing!

JayDee

Post by JayDee » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:28 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:15 am
JayDee wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:13 pm
If you really believe that, you are poorly informed.
It's not a matter of "belief", it's a matter of frequent observation. It's paraphrasing what I have heard folks saying with as much sincerity as they can muster:
Flu is low because people *are* adhering to Covid prevention measures like masking & distancing.
Covid is bad because people are *not* adhering to Covid prevention measures like masking & distancing.

Which is it? It can't be both.

The pretzel logic has become comical and when you point it out, the folks who view their Covid fear as if it were a new "virtue" get angry when they can't reconcile it.

There is a rather stark difference between those who rationally and cautiously regard the COVID risk and adhere to the associated precautions --and-- those who use their overly dramatic Covid fear as so much "social-plumage", seemingly to impress their friends and appear virtuous. Example: Like certain politicians warning against Thanksgiving gatherings with dire, ominous threats, then getting on a plane to join their extended family for a thanksgiving gathering. Seriously?

So, to the point, they should pick their narrative and stick with it as if they actually believe it. If someone insists on taking us for fools and arguing it both ways, we get to disregard their opinion as invalid, hypocritical and worthy of righteous derision.

Opinions may vary...
-JD
If you're not having a good time, *DO* something about it.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:04 pm

JayDee wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:28 pm

Flu is low because people *are* adhering to Covid prevention measures like masking & distancing.
Covid is bad because people are *not* adhering to Covid prevention measures like masking & distancing.

Which is it? It can't be both.
Yes, you can have both.

The Flu is dramatically because the COVID prevention measures that some (but not all), are reducing the spread that we are typically accustomed to.

COVID is still bad because the prevention measures are still not good enough to address the transmission of COVID because it has a much higher R-naught value than the flu. It's also bad because being a novel virus our bodies are less adapted to fighting it, and as a society we have less experience treating it.

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:56 pm

JayDee wrote:

So, to the point, they should pick their narrative and stick with it as if they actually believe it. If someone insists on taking us for fools and arguing it both ways, we get to disregard their opinion as invalid, hypocritical and worthy of righteous derision.

Opinions may vary...
-JD
Got to agree with JD.

I wear a mask, get temperature checked daily at work, we have to wipe our desks with germ killer when we get there and before we leave. Then they make all three shifts come in at the same time the day before thanksgiving and every cubical is full wall to wall people. Make up your damn minds are we in a pandemic and being safe and social distancing or are we pretending it doesn't exist. Pick one. At this point I am beyond caring which. Just decide.

colomom

Post by colomom » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:22 pm

JayDee wrote:

Which is it? It can't be both....

Example: Like certain politicians warning against Thanksgiving gatherings with dire, ominous threats
Mask wearing and other precautions have likely decreased incidences of flu but to get a better handle on a new, virulent virus that there is no vaccine for we need to do better with common sense public health measures; both things are true at the same time. The tired COVID19 vs. flu comparisons are ridiculous apples vs oranges arguments. COVID19 is more contagious and more deadly than influenza.

My family opted for in person Thanksgiving with only our household and we connected with other relatives thru Zoom. The cool thing about our unconventional Thanksgiving was for the first time in forever my brother and his family we able to join in on the celebration from their home in Thailand.
The Thanksgiving day count for new COVID19 cases in Thailand population 69.3 million was 16 (all 16 were foreigners). The Thanksgiving Day count in the rural Mountain Colorado County I live in (Population 56k) was 73. Thailand for the most part is open (travel is still restricted). My niece is back to in person school full time, my brother and his wife are back to working in their offices, stores restaurants, ect are fully open. In the Colorado county I live in the schools have all had to go back online, restaurants are closed to in person dining, most businesses are restricted to 25% capacity, and there are 0 available ICU beds.

While mask wearing before COVID wasn’t really a part of Thai culture as in countries like Japan, the Thai people fully embraced all recommendations health officials made including wearing masks.

Rather than the apples vs. oranges argument of COVID compared to flu, consider the oranges vs. oranges argument of COVID in the US vs. COVID in countries that have embraced best public health measures.