Another OSA forum??

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Vader

Post by Vader » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:45 am

CollegeGirl wrote:ozij,
It doesn't matter. Either way, every time you post your IP is recorded. So even if Vader is posting from a NEW IP now, the system is still matching up the old IP and the screenname (just as it would also match up the new IP and the screenname). It's nothing personal.

I thought there was something about AOL constantly changing the ip address.
I've had trouble with the Wikipedia site (until I registered) because Wiki kept "reading" me as a banned former user. This was explained to me on their site, as being due to AOL's odd policy of ip address fluctuations.

Vader

birdshell

Post by birdshell » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:53 pm

Vader, as an AOL user, I have given up on posting with that interface. Others have had the same problem with the AOL service.

I am actually planning on discontinuing with AOL as soon as I finish my research into options available in my area. Dial-up is the only reliable one available to me at the moment.

Wikipedia STILL notifies me about issues every time I sign on (and believe me, I am registered). It identifies me as THE AOL user, which is obviously not true.

I just thought that I would add my extra bit of information.
Be kinder than necessary; everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Click => Free Mammograms

meister

As Rodney King said ...

Post by meister » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:06 pm

Why can't we all just get along!

Just insert your favorite Dental Device and get some sleep!

CollegeGirl

Post by CollegeGirl » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:33 pm

AOL does have dynamic (changing) IPs. But that doesn't matter. As I've said, the only thing that happens is that the software records your IP and matches it to your username. It doesn't look to see what ISP you use - it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter how many IPs you post from - if you sign in and post from ANY IP, it will forever match up THAT IP with your username. Even if AOL had you posting from 100 different IPs, your username would be matched up to all of them. Is that a little clearer?
Machine: M-Series Auto
Mask: Headrest
No humidifier
On the hose since 2005.

AOL User

Post by AOL User » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:49 pm

sO THIS IS aol?

CollegeGirl

Post by CollegeGirl » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:50 pm

You might be the only one [out of the registered users here] who AOL has ever assigned that particular dynamic IP to, wader.

No humidifier
On the hose since 2005.

wading thru the muck!

Post by wading thru the muck! » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:52 pm

LOL! just testing.
Sincerely,
wading thru the muck of the sleep study/DME/Insurance money pit!

CollegeGirl

Post by CollegeGirl » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:55 pm

I'm glad you did. You just showed AOL users, definitively, that just because you have AOL doesn't mean you get a free pass on guest posting anonymously. AOL could have assigned your current IP to twenty users here, or to only you. There's no way to tell.
No humidifier
On the hose since 2005.

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:59 pm

CollegeGirl wrote:I'm glad you did. You just showed AOL users, definitively, that just because you have AOL doesn't mean you get a free pass on guest posting anonymously. AOL could have assigned your current IP to twenty users here, or to only you. There's no way to tell.
They probably put Wader in a class by himself

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

howdidthemovieend?

Newly diagnosed; haven't started treatment

Post by howdidthemovieend? » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:42 pm

Well ya'll please don't scare me away. If any of you old timers remember back before you were diagnosed, you may have had a great bit of difficulty with concentration and reading comprehension related to not getting adequate sleep for who knows how long. I have searched and searched the web for info, but I am still left with many, many questions. So, thanks to all of you who are out there and don't mind sharing your painfully aquired knowledge with those of us who still have a need to know.

wading thru the muck!

Re: Newly diagnosed; haven't started treatment

Post by wading thru the muck! » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:49 pm

howdidthemovieend? wrote:Well ya'll please don't scare me away. If any of you old timers remember back before you were diagnosed, you may have had a great bit of difficulty with concentration and reading comprehension related to not getting adequate sleep for who knows how long. I have searched and searched the web for info, but I am still left with many, many questions. So, thanks to all of you who are out there and don't mind sharing your painfully aquired knowledge with those of us who still have a need to know.
Fire away...what's the question? BTW, how's "The Dells" these days?
Sincerely,
wading thru the muck of the sleep study/DME/Insurance money pit!

TossinNTurnin

Post by TossinNTurnin » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:41 pm

rested gal wrote:I'm always sorry to see anything that could discourage a new person from asking a question, no matter how old hat it might seem to people with more cpap experience.

There's no telling how many new people reading this (and other boards) are trying to get their nerve up to post a question....perhaps holding back asking because they don't want to be scoffed at or lectured for asking something basic.

I sincerely hope that anyone who has found himself/herself caught up in sleep apnea and has questions will have no hesitation to ask anything - no matter how basic - on this and any other message board. I don't think there can ever be too many boards or too many of the same questions out there.

The more information available the better, imho, for the sake of all the new people who have just found out they have sleep disordered breathing and have the same questions in their minds that we all had at one time, too.
I'm new here and you have been extremely helpful to me as have many others. I'm lucky that you all were my first experience here, or I might've felt uncomfortable posting my stupid newbee questions.

A reason I'm particularly thankful is because I've been in quite a brain fog lately and have found it difficult to learn and concentrate as of late. My normal temperament is to be highly investigative and detail oriented, but it's been quite frustrating to not be up to par mentally.

Everyone's patience with me here has been extremely appreciated by me.

Thank you!

"She is a singer, and therefore capable of anything" Vincenzo Bellini

Zoo Med Repti Heat cable to prevent rainout and the Aussie heated hose

mindy

Post by mindy » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:10 pm

I have been so grateful for the help I've received on this forum - including very basic questions. When I was first sent for a sleep study, I had enough anxiety that I wasn't thinking in a very organized fashion. So at that point, I felt more like "HELP!" rather than "why don't I find something to read".

So I think it's really helpful to let folks ask basic questions and gently point them to some of the resources on this board (like collective wisdom). I'd like to see this remain a welcoming place for all, including "newbies".

After I got oriented, I found I enjoyed haltingly trying to answer other newbie's questions. I also learned a lot from that as some of the "old timers" very kindly and gently PM'd me when I got something wrong.

I see it as a process ... and hope we can retain that flavor. This is a difficult therapy to adjust to for many and we have an amazingly creative group here.

Mindy

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
--- Author unknown

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:30 pm

rested gal wrote:I'm always sorry to see anything that could discourage a new person from asking a question, no matter how old hat it might seem to people with more cpap experience.

There's no telling how many new people reading this (and other boards) are trying to get their nerve up to post a question....perhaps holding back asking because they don't want to be scoffed at or lectured for asking something basic.

I sincerely hope that anyone who has found himself/herself caught up in sleep apnea and has questions will have no hesitation to ask anything - no matter how basic - on this and any other message board. I don't think there can ever be too many boards or too many of the same questions out there.

The more information available the better, imho, for the sake of all the new people who have just found out they have sleep disordered breathing and have the same questions in their minds that we all had at one time, too.
Hear hear

Right on

RG

Sleepdeprived

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:17 pm

Just realized this thread is YEARS old! I was so confused at first!