Dream Wear Mask - My opinion

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Heart Jumping

Re: Dream Wear Mask - My opinion

Post by Heart Jumping » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:17 am

Heart Jumping wrote:Happy new member of the club, I just got mine. I am currently using the AirFit P10 (new CPAP user of 2 weeks) and am hoping the Dreamwear will work better for me. My initial impressions, by which I mean after 5 minutes of use, are extremely positive.

2. I LOVE not having the hose hanging off my face.

3. I LOVE having something that is "air pillow like" but doesn't stick in my nose.

4. I was amazed by how comfortable it is laying on my side, the tubes caused no discomfort at all.

5. At least for me, so far it IS noisier than the P10, but the sound of air movement is the least bothersome thing of all for me as I'm working to adapt to CPAP, so not an issue for me.

6. Did I say comfort?

7. Didn't seem to be experiencing any mask leak.

8. I know that masks are a very personal issue, that said I can see this mask working for a lot of people who've had issues with other masks, and also think it would be one of the top choices for all newbies as it addresses so many things that are a problem for many people - no big mask, nothing sticking in your nose, nothing hanging off your face.

Once I've slept with it for a few nights I'll report back if these impressions hold true or if I discover any big issues.
So here's my follow-up after sleeping with it last night. This is my new mask. Oh what a joy it was not to have the hose hanging off my face or anything sticking in my nose. Luckily for me no significant issues with leakage, I had a couple of moments where i felt some and a light adjustment took care of it. AHI measured the best it has since I started my treatment, so that's good too.

Heart Jumping

Post by Heart Jumping » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:40 am

I wish there was a way to what person came up with the design and ideas for this mask. I'd send them a thank you note.

Dead

Post by Dead » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:10 pm

I am a newb, just got my device and it came with this nose pillow. I really like it so far, but I am definitely getting a very sore spot under my nose where my face meets my nose. I am going to try and cover it with a band aid and hope it heals up, otherwise I'll have to find something else.

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:19 pm

Dead wrote:I am a newb, just got my device and it came with this nose pillow. I really like it so far, but I am definitely getting a very sore spot under my nose where my face meets my nose. I am going to try and cover it with a band aid and hope it heals up, otherwise I'll have to find something else.
Make sure the fit is right and on the sore spot you can use Lansinoh on it to help reduce the soreness. It is found it the baby section of the store. A small amount goes a long way.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

Mr Nifty

Post by Mr Nifty » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:49 pm

I've seen some video's of this mask online. Seems like I had better check into it.
Sleeping better since 01/13/2016
Masks I have tried
AirFit F10-FFM, AirFit N10-Nasal, Mirage Liberty-Hybrid FFM, Mirage Quattro-FFM, Swift FX Nano-Pillow, Mirage Activa LT-Nasal, ComfortGel Blue-FFM, Amara View -FFM, Pilairo Q -Pillow, Dreamwear -Nasal

Thatgirl

Post by Thatgirl » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:47 am

Dead wrote:I am a newb, just got my device and it came with this nose pillow. I really like it so far, but I am definitely getting a very sore spot under my nose where my face meets my nose. I am going to try and cover it with a band aid and hope it heals up, otherwise I'll have to find something else.
I've found using a mask wipe on the cushion part semi-regularly is essential.

Usually ~EPAP 6, IPAP 12
Loving Sleepyhead!

jenni1447

Post by jenni1447 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:04 am

I have been using my dream ware mask for 2 nights now. I like the hose being away from my face and not having it up my nose!
Does anyone have trouble with the back straps sliding up the back of the head due to long hair? I know with my previous mask I pulled a tuft of my long hair over the top of the strap to stop it from sliding. I'm not having the same results with this mask. I am a small-small. The mask fits great, it just slides up over my hair while I sleep!!! Any suggestions?

Super zzz

Post by Super zzz » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:02 am

Welcome to the strap sliding club. I reported this problem right after the mask was released. Even called the manufacturer. I tried using a larger frame hoping that maybe if the strap was lower it would stay put. Even made a hybrid strap sewing a P-10 strap to the tabs. Bottom line is trying to get the mask tight enough to stay in place without crushing the frame or pillow is a problem. Maybe head shape has something to do with it not sure. When I was fitted for the mask I was sitting a chair, gave two thumps up, sold. But I latter found out that any contact with my pillow makes the strap slide breaking seal. Tighten to much and pillow crushes. My fix was to be content with the Airfit P-10.
PR System One REMstar Auto CPAP Machine with A-Flex

Sabrina

Post by Sabrina » Thu May 26, 2016 2:41 pm

Hi everyone. I just got the diagnosis and my first mask, the DreamWear. I have a question which may seem silly but anyway....If I want to drink some water during the night do I have to take the mask off? It just feels like with so much air coming out of my mouth drinking might now work? I'm a bit timid to just try it....Thanks!

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Fri May 27, 2016 11:55 am

I'm having the strap sliding issue, too. I think it's time for the old Velcro trick--sewing some Velcro hook tape (the scratchy side) on the inside of the back strap to catch the hair. That should fix the sliding.

I said on another thread, I'm finding I have to cinch up the strap every few weeks from stretching. When it's good and snug, there's less sliding and much more comfortable sleep.

Something else when the mask is good and tight--I find I've been opening my mouth a bit more in this mask, not sure why. But not when it's good and tight.
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

Hopeful50

Post by Hopeful50 » Fri May 27, 2016 1:25 pm

Sabrina wrote:Hi everyone. I just got the diagnosis and my first mask, the DreamWear. I have a question which may seem silly but anyway....If I want to drink some water during the night do I have to take the mask off? It just feels like with so much air coming out of my mouth drinking might now work? I'm a bit timid to just try it....Thanks!
Welcome, Sabrina. I'm fairly new too . . . 3 months on CPAP, and 2 nights with my new DreamWear mask. (I started out with the Mirage FX nasal mask.) To answer your question, YES, you can drink with the mask on. It's a bit tricky, but doable. I keep my Camelbak water bottle on my nightstand and use it most nights. The trick is to keep your airway blocked with your tongue (just like you do all night to breathe with the mask), suck in some water through the straw, close your mouth and swallow, then back to breathing as usual. There may be better ways, but this is what works for me. Good luck!

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Fri May 27, 2016 1:34 pm

Know what my favorite part of this mask is?

If I have an itch on my nose or face, I can SCRATCH it. That is such a great thing!!!
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

Hopeful50

Post by Hopeful50 » Fri May 27, 2016 1:40 pm

Janknitz wrote:Know what my favorite part of this mask is?

If I have an itch on my nose or face, I can SCRATCH it. That is such a great thing!!!

+1

QueSera

Post by QueSera » Fri May 27, 2016 3:10 pm

I have no trouble connecting my Climateline to the Dreamwear, but as someone else mentioned, there's a bit of a drag at the top of my head that way. I use this short hose

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/circad ... -tube.html

because I happened to have it on hand, for some reason. It works great, but the one linked above costs half as much, so I'll be looking into it.

The only problem I have had with the Dreamwear is that my DME can't seem to find me the small frame. But Apria can, so they are now my DME for replacement masks only.
It's always something. Roseanne RoseannaDanna
I was a victim of a series of circumstances, as are we all. Malachi Constant

jtravel

Post by jtravel » Fri May 27, 2016 5:40 pm

I need to get my first mask and will be buying it on my own.
Anyone know where I can buy the Dream ware at the lowest price?