Getting set up with my CPAP machine

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Enchanter

Re: Getting set up with my CPAP machine

Post by Enchanter » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:33 pm

BleepingBeauty wrote:
Enchanter wrote:Well the mask is extremely sharp when I put it on my face. But yea it does turn off, beep a few times, and then turn off.
Sounds to me like two things:

You have a Hybrid mask, yes? That's the mask I've been using for about four years now. If it feels "sharp" against your face, you likely don't even have the silicone part of the mask seal fitted into the hard shell of the mask. If you have the manual for the mask, READ IT. If you have the fitting video for it, even better. WATCH IT AND PAY ATTENTION TO IT. If you can't even assemble the mask, you're not getting anywhere. How long have you had the machine and mask now, almost a week?

Second, if your machine is beeping and then shutting off, it's likely because it detects a large leak. That's probably because your mask isn't assembled correctly. It sounds like you're trying to wear just the hard shell without the soft silicone part that goes over the mouth and the pillows fit into and so much air is escaping from it that the machine senses a large leak. The machine might be set to Auto Off, and it's doing what it's supposed to do. You can change that setting later (if you're ABLE to, that is - meaning you, yourself, because the setting is definitely changeable) if you ever get that far. I'm wondering if someone else has to wipe your ass for you...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is as nice as I'm likely to get with this forum member, because I'm seriously SMH over this guy... All the coddling from other members doesn't appear to be doing any good. (I'm ready to wield a 2x4, although that's never been my style.)

Oh I am trying to fit on the silocone. Here is the link to my mask https://www.flickr.com/photos/133563138 ... ed-public/

Again it's https://www.flickr.com/photos/133563138 ... ed-public/

Any help would be appreciated. Please don't attack Ems. She helped me a lot.
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier
- Allergy Shots + nose Spray + Hepa Air Purifier
- Cardiovascular Exercise + Stretching

ems

Post by ems » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:34 pm

BleepingBeauty wrote:
ems wrote:If you don't have something helpful to say to Enchanter, go to another thread!

I understand people not having patience to help him... fine... go to another thread!

The last thing he needs is to get more anxious than he already is.

PS Bleeping Beauty... worry about wiping your own ass, that must be difficult enough!
STFU, ems. I notice you're in the lead on the "foes" poll. Wonder why...

If you get off your high horse and READ my post, you'll see that I DID say helpful things about his mask and his machine. You want to buy all this "high anxiety" he's spouting? Be my guest. I don't. Get over yourself.

And your "insult" is just sad. At least come at me with something clever (if you can come up with something you thought of all by yourself).
Ahh.. you were the first to "use" the foe thread. Oh yes, it worries me oh so much. My insult is sad?? You poor woman.
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

Enchanter

Post by Enchanter » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:36 pm

Come on people no fighting. If you want to insult someone, just insult me. Noone else deserves insults. I don't mind being insulted because right now the only thing I care about is getting my treatment.
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier

ems

Post by ems » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:44 pm

Enchanter wrote:Come on people no fighting. If you want to insult someone, just insult me. Noone else deserves insults. I don't mind being insulted because right now the only thing I care about is getting my treatment.
Enchanter... you don't deserve to be insulted. Do you understand that? I hope so!
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

Enchanter

Post by Enchanter » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:48 pm

ems wrote:
Enchanter wrote:Come on people no fighting. If you want to insult someone, just insult me. Noone else deserves insults. I don't mind being insulted because right now the only thing I care about is getting my treatment.
Enchanter... you don't deserve to be insulted. Do you understand that? I hope so!

Maybe so, but it's still about the bigger picture.
My Current Therapies
- CPAP + Humidifier

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:51 pm

Enchanter wrote:Oh I am trying to fit on the silocone. Here is the link to my mask https://www.flickr.com/photos/133563138 ... ed-public/

Again it's https://www.flickr.com/photos/133563138 ... ed-public/

Any help would be appreciated.

READ

THE

MANUAL

http://www.devilbisshealthcare.com/file ... _HiRes.pdf

WATCH

THE

VIDEO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBoVis-OStY

I see what you mean about it not being an act.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

avi123

Post by avi123 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:57 pm

enchantereric, you must be nuts to use that complicated mask. Why don't you use a simple mask like my?

If you show your face I could tell if my mask would fit you. Who do you look like?

see my recent set-up and Statistics:
http://i.imgur.com/TewT8G9.png
see my recent ResScan treatment results:
http://i.imgur.com/3oia0EY.png
http://i.imgur.com/QEjvlVY.png

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:03 pm

avi123 wrote:Eric, you must be nuts to use that complicated mask. Why don't you use a simple mask like my?
Avi, I sent Eric the hybrid. He said he was a mouth breather and all I had were that one and nasal pillows.
Morbius, are you bored?

avi123

Post by avi123 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:08 pm

postitnote wrote:
avi123 wrote:Eric, you must be nuts to use that complicated mask. Why don't you use a simple mask like my?
Avi, I sent Eric the hybrid. He said he was a mouth breather and all I had were that one and nasal pillows.
A chinstrap would take care of his mouth breathing.

see my recent set-up and Statistics:
http://i.imgur.com/TewT8G9.png
see my recent ResScan treatment results:
http://i.imgur.com/3oia0EY.png
http://i.imgur.com/QEjvlVY.png

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:11 pm

avi123 wrote:
postitnote wrote:
A chinstrap would take care of his mouth breathing.
I sent him one of those too.
Morbius, are you bored?

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:11 pm

avi123 wrote:enchantereric, you must be nuts to use that complicated mask. Why don't you use a simple mask like my?
Have you not been reading the long extensive threads of the adventures of Enchanted?

He was given the mask. Perhaps you can give him one of those to use?
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

mgaggie

Post by mgaggie » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:15 pm

My three year old nephew could put the innomed together using the manual. He might put the nasal pillows in upside down, but he could do it. I don't understand why Echanter appears to be having so much trouble.

Its a very easy mask to put together.

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:35 pm

mgaggie wrote:My three year old nephew could put the innomed together using the manual. He might put the nasal pillows in upside down, but he could do it. I don't understand why Echanter appears to be having so much trouble.

A three year old that can use a manual and put together a mask from it...I'm impressed! I have not one but two, three year old grandchildren and I will say that honestly neither of them can read yet. They know sight words but that's it. Neither could put together a hybrid mask let alone any other type of mask if it was taken apart. Either you have a genius in your family or you are a liar. Do you have trouble telling the truth?
Morbius, are you bored?

49er

Post by 49er » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:58 am

mgaggie wrote:My three year old nephew could put the innomed together using the manual. He might put the nasal pillows in upside down, but he could do it. I don't understand why Echanter appears to be having so much trouble.

mgaggie,

As one who struggles with simple tasks, everyone is different. For example, when I was packing my vpap for my trip, I had a very hard time detaching and reattaching the plug to the main unit. So I compensated by leaving it attached since it made no difference in the packing and all I had to do was plug the chord into the wall. But I am sure if I had posted about my struggles on this board, I would have received some derisive comments because everyone just assumes that if someone struggles with so called easy tasks, they are deliberately being manipulative and seeking attention. I can assure you that isn't the case as these struggles are very painful and frustrating.

Anyway, my point is I know you have good intentions but telling someone who struggles with a task that it is supposedly easy simply isn't helpful.

49er

Sonnyboy

Post by Sonnyboy » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:59 am

postitnote wrote:

A three year old that can use a manual and put together a mask from it...I'm impressed! I have not one but two, three year old grandchildren and I will say that honestly neither of them can read yet. They know sight words but that's it. Neither could put together a hybrid mask let alone any other type of mask if it was taken apart. Either you have a genius in your family or you are a liar. Do you have trouble telling the truth?
I do not see where mgaggie said her 3 year old nephew actually read the manual. The manual has pictures. Perhaps the child is smart enough to look at the pictures and correctly put on the mask. Perhaps mgaggie simply meant to imply that this is so simple even a child can do it. Calling her a liar is out of line in my opinion.

Has Enchanter looked at the video emailed to him earlier in this thread??? Has he looked at the pamphlet emailed by Palerider???
Perhaps if Enchanter utilized these tools he would not he having so much difficulty now.

Some forum members speak of anxiety as being a big problem for Enchanter. If this is true why aren't you encouraging him to see a psychiatrist for medication, a therapist for behavior modification, or some other type of treatment for anxiety?

I understand OSA can contribute to anxiety and Cpap may help this, even so, Enchanter appears to need a way to deal with his anxiety now so he is able to process the new information he needs before he can start treatment.

I feel you are enabling Enchanter's childish dependent behavior and this is not helping him.