Are there any sources online to download CPAP firmware?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
User avatar
Justin Case
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:18 am

Are there any sources online to download CPAP firmware?

Post by Justin Case » Sun Jun 09, 2024 3:41 am

I don't want to RMA my machine because the only issue with it is its not receiving any updates. It's been tested at the DME clinic and despite it being connected to cellular data the update isn't being pushed to it. They tried everything and the manufacturer said they want to examine it and assess the reason why.

User avatar
Julie
Posts: 19937
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:58 pm

Re: Are there any sources online to download CPAP firmware?

Post by Julie » Sun Jun 09, 2024 4:35 am

What is RMA?

User avatar
Justin Case
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Are there any sources online to download CPAP firmware?

Post by Justin Case » Sun Jun 09, 2024 4:54 am

Julie wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 4:35 am
What is RMA?
It's referred to as return merchandise authorization — industry term for authorized returning of product to the manufacturer.
JC

User avatar
vandownbytheriver
Posts: 417
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:42 pm

Re: Are there any sources online to download CPAP firmware?

Post by vandownbytheriver » Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:27 am

Justin Case wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 3:41 am
I don't want to RMA my machine because the only issue with it is its not receiving any updates. It's been tested at the DME clinic and despite it being connected to cellular data the update isn't being pushed to it. They tried everything and the manufacturer said they want to examine it and assess the reason why.
You want just any old firmware or a particular machine firmware? Might be nice to tell us which machine.

Anyway, the answer I suspect is no. You don't have an Airsense 10 and that's the only one I know of. I'm guessing you have the Airsense 11. You say it's connecting... are you getting MyAir information? So many questions.

_________________
Machine: AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
Mask: Fisher & Paykel Vitera Full Face Mask with Headgear (S, M, or L Cushion)
Additional Comments: I use O2Ring, Oscar, SleepHQ, and Cover Roll Stretch mouth tape.

User avatar
Justin Case
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Are there any sources online to download CPAP firmware?

Post by Justin Case » Sun Jun 09, 2024 4:49 pm

vandownbytheriver wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:27 am
Justin Case wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 3:41 am
I don't want to RMA my machine because the only issue with it is its not receiving any updates. It's been tested at the DME clinic and despite it being connected to cellular data the update isn't being pushed to it. They tried everything and the manufacturer said they want to examine it and assess the reason why.
You want just any old firmware or a particular machine firmware? Might be nice to tell us which machine.
Not relevant, really. How this usually works is there is a website or forum which has listed firmware.

However, as I have peaked your curiosity. Here is a list of firmware updates for the Resmed AirSense 11: https://support.resmed.com/en-us/ota-updates/
JC

User avatar
vandownbytheriver
Posts: 417
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:42 pm

Re: Are there any sources online to download CPAP firmware?

Post by vandownbytheriver » Sun Jun 09, 2024 9:17 pm

Justin Case wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 4:49 pm
vandownbytheriver wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:27 am
Justin Case wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 3:41 am
I don't want to RMA my machine because the only issue with it is its not receiving any updates. It's been tested at the DME clinic and despite it being connected to cellular data the update isn't being pushed to it. They tried everything and the manufacturer said they want to examine it and assess the reason why.
You want just any old firmware or a particular machine firmware? Might be nice to tell us which machine.
Not relevant, really. How this usually works is there is a website or forum which has listed firmware.

However, as I have peaked your curiosity. Here is a list of firmware updates for the Resmed AirSense 11: https://support.resmed.com/en-us/ota-updates/
'piqued'... not so much... there's no firmware there... just a list of updates.

Firmware is very specific to a particular machine or platform. You want firmware? Tell us machine. Not that difficult.

_________________
Machine: AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
Mask: Fisher & Paykel Vitera Full Face Mask with Headgear (S, M, or L Cushion)
Additional Comments: I use O2Ring, Oscar, SleepHQ, and Cover Roll Stretch mouth tape.

User avatar
ChicagoGranny
Posts: 14601
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:43 pm
Location: USA

Re: Are there any sources online to download CPAP firmware?

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Jun 10, 2024 5:24 am

vandownbytheriver wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 9:17 pm
You want firmware? Tell us machine. Not that difficult.
It's funny how people come here asking for help and then being obstinate and uncooperative. It's a good thing we have members who are patient and helpful.
vandownbytheriver wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 9:17 pm
piqued
Beat me to it.
"It's not the number of breaths we take, it's the number of moments that take our breath away."

prodigyplace
Posts: 1765
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:45 pm
Location: Central Virginia

Re: Are there any sources online to download CPAP firmware?

Post by prodigyplace » Mon Jun 10, 2024 11:38 am

Justin Case wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 4:49 pm
vandownbytheriver wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:27 am
Justin Case wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 3:41 am
I don't want to RMA my machine because the only issue with it is its not receiving any updates. It's been tested at the DME clinic and despite it being connected to cellular data the update isn't being pushed to it. They tried everything and the manufacturer said they want to examine it and assess the reason why.
You want just any old firmware or a particular machine firmware? Might be nice to tell us which machine.
Not relevant, really. How this usually works is there is a website or forum which has listed firmware.

However, as I have peaked your curiosity. Here is a list of firmware updates for the Resmed AirSense 11: https://support.resmed.com/en-us/ota-updates/
Those are update Release notes, not the actual software.

Again, please complete your equipment Profile so we have some idea of what equipment you have. At this point, we do not even know what brand of equipment.

_________________
Machine: AirSense 11 Autoset
Mask: AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
Additional Comments: ClimateLineAir Heated Tube & Sleepyhead software
Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

User avatar
Dog Slobber
Posts: 3989
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:05 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Are there any sources online to download CPAP firmware?

Post by Dog Slobber » Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:12 pm

Justin Case wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 4:49 pm
Not relevant, really. How this usually works is there is a website or forum which has listed firmware.
It is very relevant, and no, that's not how it usually works.

ResMed has never supported end-user firmware updating.

Why must waste their time trying to help you when you're to peak-headed to simply share what machine you have?

prodigyplace
Posts: 1765
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:45 pm
Location: Central Virginia

Re: Are there any sources online to download CPAP firmware?

Post by prodigyplace » Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:26 pm

Dog Slobber wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:12 pm
Justin Case wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 4:49 pm
Not relevant, really. How this usually works is there is a website or forum which has listed firmware.
It is very relevant, and no, that's not how it usually works.

ResMed has never supported end-user firmware updating.

Why must waste their time trying to help you when you're to peak-headed to simply share what machine you have?
Did they ever say they have a Resmed machine?

Apparently somebody does not know how trade secrets and product differentiation work in the real world. They would not trust such trade secrets to any random person..

_________________
Machine: AirSense 11 Autoset
Mask: AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
Additional Comments: ClimateLineAir Heated Tube & Sleepyhead software
Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

User avatar
Dog Slobber
Posts: 3989
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:05 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Are there any sources online to download CPAP firmware?

Post by Dog Slobber » Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:36 pm

prodigyplace wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2024 3:26 pm
Did they ever say they have a Resmed machine?
No. I just made the assumption he's using a ResMed because:
  • he listed the ResMed Air 11 updates
  • he referred to lack of updates being pushed, despite being connected to cellular

RNeil
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:58 am
Contact:

Re: Are there any sources online to download CPAP firmware?

Post by RNeil » Tue Jun 11, 2024 3:51 pm

The way a microprocessor updates software is a little bit like a neurosurgeon who operates on his own brain. It is much better for a glitch to abort the process than to make the machine, including the bootloader completely inoperable.