Swift LT Replacement

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
fbrownstein
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:11 pm

Swift LT Replacement

Post by fbrownstein » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:24 pm

For over 10 years, I have used a swift LT nasal pillow mask with large pillows. This was discontinued last year. I had a few extra and am on my last one. I am a restless sleeper who moves from side to side at night. I have tried other masks but have found most masks that have free tube like swift fx get tied up in my movement and become dislodged. Recommendations and suggestions please.

User avatar
zonker
Posts: 10954
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:36 pm

Re: Swift LT Replacement

Post by zonker » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:27 pm

fbrownstein wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:24 pm
For over 10 years, I have used a swift LT nasal pillow mask with large pillows. This was discontinued last year. I had a few extra and am on my last one. I am a restless sleeper who moves from side to side at night. I have tried other masks but have found most masks that have free tube like swift fx get tied up in my movement and become dislodged. Recommendations and suggestions please.
while waiting for suggestions, take a stroll through cpap.com and see if anything there strikes your fancy. then read some reviews.

just btw, have you considered using a hose management system?
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

User avatar
RogerSC
Posts: 1887
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:11 pm

Re: Swift LT Replacement

Post by RogerSC » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:07 am

Couple of suggestions. The ResMed AirFit P30i, ResMed AirFit N30i, and Dreamwear Nasal masks all have the tube coming off the top of the mask like the Swift LT. They N30i and Dreamware are nasal cradle masks, not nasal pillows, though, but I found them both comfortable and easy to use. They do have slightly different features, so you might look at reviews of them on youtube.com...the Lanky Lefty has reviewed both of them, for example. I haven't looked into the ResMed AirFit P30i at all, so can't comment on that one, but it does seem to meet your requirements.

The second idea is the one that was already suggested, a "hose management" system. This keeps your CPAP tubing off your bed, has it coming from above, so you can't get tangled up in it. If you're going to use that, then a good mask for you might be the AirFit P10, another nasal pillow mask. Light and quiet, lots of people love it. Kind of the descendent of the Swift LT. Lots of reviews of the P10 on youtube as well.

Found your post kind of nostalgic *smile*, the Swift LT was the first CPAP mask that I used as well. Blast from the past, as it were. The next mask that I used after that was the Swift FX for several years, but I used it with a hose management system since I'm also a restless sleeper. Don't know if you can still get the Swift FX...Most people that were using that are now using the AirFit P10, seems like.

uwkbrev
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:08 pm

Re: Swift LT Replacement

Post by uwkbrev » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:11 pm

RogerSC wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:07 am
Couple of suggestions. The ResMed AirFit P30i, ResMed AirFit N30i, and Dreamwear Nasal masks all have the tube coming off the top of the mask like the Swift LT. They N30i and Dreamware are nasal cradle masks, not nasal pillows, though, but I found them both comfortable and easy to use.
Any suggestions for feeling like there's not enough flow when side sleeping with these masks that have soft side tubing?

User avatar
RogerSC
Posts: 1887
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:11 pm

Re: Swift LT Replacement

Post by RogerSC » Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:59 pm

uwkbrev wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:11 pm
RogerSC wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:07 am
Couple of suggestions. The ResMed AirFit P30i, ResMed AirFit N30i, and Dreamwear Nasal masks all have the tube coming off the top of the mask like the Swift LT. They N30i and Dreamware are nasal cradle masks, not nasal pillows, though, but I found them both comfortable and easy to use.
Any suggestions for feeling like there's not enough flow when side sleeping with these masks that have soft side tubing?
No, I never had that feeling during the years that I used those masks, even though I could see that possibility. Maybe using a sleep aid using the mask for a while that helped you go to sleep, that might convince your brain that you're getting enough air. Don't know if that would help, though. Have you tried lying on your side with the mask on while you're awake? If you do that for some time, that also might convince your brain that it's okay.

Maybe someone else can come up with other things to try?
Last edited by RogerSC on Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
zonker
Posts: 10954
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:36 pm

Re: Swift LT Replacement

Post by zonker » Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:37 pm

uwkbrev wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:11 pm


Any suggestions for feeling like there's not enough flow when side sleeping with these masks that have soft side tubing?
may i suggest starting your own thread so that more people will see your question?
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg