With a new OSCAR release coming out soon, Crimson Nape (a.k.a. "Red", the acting Project Manager for OSCAR) has asked me to post the following request for beta testers:
Crimson Nape wrote:It has been almost 2 years since a request has been made, I'm placing a new request.
The OSCAR Team is looking for volunteers to test pre-release versions of OSCAR. These releases are separate from your current release and data.
Testing is totally voluntary.
Here is further information about being a Beta tester: https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.p ... _Beta_Test
- Working knowledge on the use of your operating system. You don't need to be an expert, just the ability to easily navigate your system, easily copy or paste and maybe use a command line.
- An understanding of OSCAR's operation.
- The desire to poke around OSCAR, trying various features and options. Basically, see if you can break it.
- The ability to describe any problems with detail. (No, "x" doesn't work.)
- Your operating system (iMac, Linux, Windows, or other).
- The location of your data file, if different from OSCAR's default.
- Steps to produce the error.
- Frequency of the problem - If you can reproduce it or not.
- The results you receive when the error occurs.
If you are interested and wish to help in testing OSCAR, please PM 'Crimson Nape' on Apnea Board. Please include your PC's Operating System, so I can start to get an idea of our demographics. Also, if you can code in C++ and wish to contribute to OSCAR's development, please let me know. We are always looking for more help.